It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is questioning offensive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have seen it time and time again, both on here, and in the real world, largely from politicians. Most notably with regards to 9/11 and Holocaust Revisionism, but I am sure it happens with other subjects as well.

I do not want this thread to become a debate on those or any specific issues. I would just like to know what it is that makes questioning and independent research offensive.

If I lost a loved one, if I was losing rights because of an event, if millions of people will be affected by the fallout from a particular event, if an event is so large that it largely shapes the geopolitical state of our planet, does that not warrant questioning?

Would you not want to know the truth before acting on it on such a large scale? Would you not want to know who was truly at fault, and to what extent?

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

--Evelyn Beatrice Hall, summarizing Voltaire's views

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
No one questioned Barack Hussein Obama, and now we are paying for it.

One of my favorite all time South Park Quotes ever....."There are no stupid questions, only stupid people." Mr. Garrison

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Why is questioning offensive? 2 Words- Mans Ego
edit on 22-10-2010 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

I dont think theres anything wrong with questioning.

Just dont ask alright

Seriously though, how the heck are we ever going to learn if we do not live the reason we are here?

Just have a long think about how boring this would all be if we had all the answers, even frustrating with all the questions that need answered despite scepticism.

Imagine you had every single answer yet nobody listenened. Thats the major annoyance

We got off light being what we are, knowing all the answers would be a harder job than any human could handle.

edit on 22-10-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's because small minded beings can't have you shuvin more idea's at em. They can't take it! They're little tiny minds! What are you trying to do, make they head splode?i]reply to post by Vilkata

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

Mainly because those who are "questioning" aren't really legitimately questioning, they are making claims. A question is "how did x happen?", not "y happened and I know x is wrong therefore you're a disinfo agent!" etc.

Also, more often than not, the people "asking questions" / making claims already think they are right and are just parading around with their invalid "facts".

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
People don't like change....bottom line. A question poses a bit of a threat. It requires you to reason that what you have come to know about a certain subject, may not be entirely accurate. People don't like change.....

join