It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks press conference details leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wikileaks press conference details leaked

cryptome.org

Wikileaks Call to Press

10:00am Saturday 23rd October 2010
London time (BST)

Park Plaza River Bank
18 Albert Embankment
London
SE1 7TJ

Registration begins at 8:30 am

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wikileaks wish to embargo the above information.
Which is riddiculous considering the game they are playing.

Could be an intersting place to stop by and get some photos/opnion if you are in the area of that hotel tomorrow.

The Wikileaks people will be letting Sky News ONLY have a live feed, but will be doing interviews with other folks on into the afternoon.

cryptome.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just posted on Wikileaks' Twitter account:

"See TBIJ, IBC, Guardian, Spiegel, NYT, Le Monde, Al Jazeera, Chan4, SVT, CNN, BBC and more in the next few hours. We maximise impact."

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
SKY news? thats suspect in my books. i understand if you were ligit with this stuff you would NEED an insurance file but there are allot of stange things going on with this group. THERE SELLING IT!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if this insuance file never gets released and his WHOLE RECON5 was a big gig to get big numbers to wikileaks. It got me more interested in it. I guesse one way or the other at some point we give into the system. Just don't give them your soul folks. Don't trust EVERY word Assange feeds you, don't trust EVERY word the government gives you, and DON'T put all your faith in a bag of "secret" documents.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 22-10-2010 by wisintel because: Just Noticed Timezone in the post.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

twitter.com...
.See TBIJ, IBC, Guardian, Spiegel, NYT, Le Monde, Al Jazeera, Chan4, SVT, CNN, BBC and more in the next few hours. We maximise impact. less than 5 seconds ago via web

Well they arn't mobile it says they are posting via web app. Maybe we will get a release tonight?????

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"We maximise impact"

That's a very strange thing for such an organisation to say.

Which game are they in?

Upholding the truth?
Being patriotic about secrets?
Acting in the public interest?
Making money?
Just seeking attention?

What kind of 'impact' do they wish to maximise?

The more they carry on like this, the less respect I have for them.

Heeeeeer's Johny!

"Hi Johny, and what's in this week's show & tell from Wikileaks?"
"Can't tell you that until a secret press conference tomorrow!"
(cue canned laughter)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by wcitizen

twitter.com...
.See TBIJ, IBC, Guardian, Spiegel, NYT, Le Monde, Al Jazeera, Chan4, SVT, CNN, BBC and more in the next few hours. We maximise impact. less than 5 seconds ago via web

Well they arn't mobile it says they are posting via web app. Maybe we will get a release tonight?????

Looks like it's out there right now. Here's the latest tweet:

Al Jazeera have broken our embargo by 30 minutes. We release everyone from their Iraq War Logs embargoes.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

If they would be in the game of playing dirty and getting secrets out to the public, In my eyes "maximum impact" would be to get sooo many people interested and following this that, When the big shocker gets released that, WAY more people will see the American Government for what they really are. Ling, Cheating, Stealing, Crooks that have there Elites best interest at heart. In the end so more people will consider revolting and overthrowing them.

But I don't really know, Don't take my word for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The impact they wish to maximise is the impact on the public; they mean they want whatever they're releasing to reach absolutely EVERYONE.

They don't want the information of the press conference released because they're afraid of being shut down or actively discredited by visitors. If half of what I'm sure Assange believes is true, he has plenty of reason to be that secretive.

The posts in this thread are the first time I've actually suspected the existence of disinfo agents... But it's still more likely that we're programmed so well by society that we just doubt everything more than we should, except that which we should doubt more than we do...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
assange on aljazeera right now very interesting you need to watch

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
they have coverage of this is Sweden and France even.... (see twitter)
the Al jazeera docu was interesting. It says that the images and vid in the Iraq prisons are 'reconstructed'. What about the pictures on the other publications? New york times, the Guardian, etc.. are these real?? it's horrible!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Don't be surprised if this insuance file never gets released and his WHOLE RECON5 was a big gig to get big numbers to wikileaks. It got me more interested in it. I guesse one way or the other at some point we give into the system. Just don't give them your soul folks. Don't trust EVERY word Assange feeds you, don't trust EVERY word the government gives you, and DON'T put all your faith in a bag of "secret" documents.

It was not a 'big gig to get big numbers'. See the following article where it mentions that one of their encrypted servers was hacked and that tweet was instruction to move to a different server - blogs.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just trying to be a pragmatic realist here -

Is Wikileaks now infected by the stuff it touches?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It says they released 400,000 documents already. This one gets me "3,771 'friendly' (coalition forces)" in Iraq. You mean to tell me all them deaths in our reported media were attributed to friendly fire, yet we were not told? This adds creditability to the story about that football player that was supposedly a hero, which if these statistics are true, means he was probably killed by his own troops.

top topics

join