It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is face book is again down? internet 2!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Is face book is again down? internet 2!

I cannot login and my friends are also having same experience.
Something strange, I cant believe that they are un prepared for traffic management. Anyway its still down.
i live in norway so whats up in rest of world?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I believe that they will make case of Internet 2 that they are paying too much for free services..
What do you think?
To me this is start of the death of inter net as we know.
taking the freedom of the internet that is like destroying libraries. this is sickening and if somebody takes this away a system that quickly part of world culture i am sure this will end in violence.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mustfarhan

...or it's just down like it always is.

I'll go with my simpler, more common sense-based explanation.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm on it right now.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Facebook is always having problems. They arnt the future. There will be another social network and take over that is government controlled. Just like FACEBOOK is more government controlled then myspace was ever. When the next big netowrking site comes out you will have the BIG THREE of social networking.... Trust me on this one guys. Screw facebook and these social networks they will be used as evil in the end against us!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustfarhan
taking the freedom of the internet that is like destroying libraries. this is sickening and if somebody takes this away a system that quickly part of world culture i am sure this will end in violence.

It looks as if Facebook being down is in your best interest. If a simple disruption of service causes you to contemplate it being the start of Internet 2 that will cause some sort of worldwide revolt, you need to step away from the computer a bit more often.

Furthermore, how is this breaking news? It's Facebook. Calm down.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustfarhan

I believe that they will make case of Internet 2 that they are paying too much for free services..
What do you think?

Exactly along the lines of what I was thinking I won't be surprised when they pull the plug on us though!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think the Social Security Administration in the USA should start a social networking site. Your user ID would be your Social Security Number. You could friend your Bank, your Mother's Maiden name, the Hospital you were born in, the IRS, the 3 major credit agencies, and random people on the internet! You could post your Passport photos and everything. That would be class A cool.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not that it is a big deal to me at the moment, but mine is down as well. Im sure it is just traffic or something like it usually is. If it is something else, Im sure we know shortly

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Its down for me right now - Indiana USA. With this Wikileaks stuff we might see a lot of this in the coming day, just a thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I THNK FASEBOK IZ DWN CUZ NIBIRU IZ CMNG ND GUNA CRSH IN2 ERTH ND REPTILANZ R N KONTRL OF DA GUVRMINT N 2012 IZ EDN IF DA WRLD. TYME TRAVLRZ CULD B REPONSTABLE 2. IZ AL A CUNSPYRACEY.

KTHXBAI.

edit on 10/22/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
it was only down for about 5 minuets. its not the end of the internet, or the world. and i dont think it would have ended in violence

edit:see how long you can go without logging on to facebook...just an experiment
edit on 22-10-2010 by dowhatyoufear3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The best way to find out if Facebook, or anything else for that matter, is down is to check out Twitter. For FB just search #Facebookdown. I believe for other internet services it's #isitdownorjustme.

Real time answers in mere seconds. Fascinating times we are living in...

TPTB must hate Twitter

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
I THNK FASEBOK IZ DWN CUZ NIBIRU IZ CMNG ND GUNA CRSH IN2 ERTH ND REPTILANZ R N KONTRL OF DA GUVRMINT N 2012 IZ EDN IF DA WRLD. TYME TRAVLRZ CULD B REPONSTABLE 2. IZ AL A CUNSPYRACEY.

KTHXBAI.

edit on 10/22/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

I NOZ IZ NOT SUPOSED TO ENKERAJ YOO BUT I CANT HELPS IT IZ A INTERNETZ PUPIT

top topics

join