It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons why the world will NOT end in 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
reply to post by littlebunny

Extremely interesting. However, Saturns seems off the peak of the smallest pyramid.
Here:

What do you think of this?

Well that picture created by Phage was from December 2, 2012... if you use the program Stellarium, you will notice on Dec 3, 2012 Mercury and Venus do not appear to move from our visual vantage point, however Saturn moves ever so slightly... That’s why both of those pictures are side by side... It's not what I think, it's what actually happens. I would suggest you take that picture and use a tape measure, so you can begin to answer that question on your own. I guarantee if you start to answer these questions on your own, you wont be able to stop until you know for sure.

--Charles Marcello

edit on 4-12-2010 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Why is it that people think planets being aligned means we're all going to die a fiery death?

The point of 2012 is that the world will cease to exist. Like if you're dreaming and you're about to wake up, your dream doesn't come to a slow conclusion, it just ends. THAT'S how 2012 "would" be if it were true.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Planetary alignment happen several times a year. There was a good one in 2000 that was overshadowed with the Y2K issue. There was the Mars issue in 2003. Now its pyramids and planets coincidence.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Planetary alignment happen several times a year. There was a good one in 2000 that was overshadowed with the Y2K issue. There was the Mars issue in 2003. Now its pyramids and planets coincidence.

Thank you! The 2012 theories get more ridiculous every week it seems.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

lmao, you took the words right out of my mouth. This article blows hard, nuff said.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extremador
Why is it that people think planets being aligned means we're all going to die a fiery death?

I'm trying to figure out why you believe because a planetary convergence happens, that means we're all going to die a fiery death... Lord knows I've never said such a thing. What I have said is that planetary convergence absolutely matches the pyramid layout of Giza, and that that exact planetary convergence only happens once every 2,737 years... and from that, it only matches the pyramids at Giza every fifth cycle. Plus a whole host of other things that is absolutely fantastic. But I have never said we're going to die a fiery death, I've never said that I believe 2012 equals our doom... what I have said is there is evidence that something is coming, from the Bible, to the Mayan’s to the Egyptians, plus hundreds of other cultures from around the world… and every single one of them points to this moment in time. Now, if you would rather pretend all these legends/lore means nothing, well then fine, that's your prerogative. I on the other hand continue to study what they've had to say, while looking for anything that could support or dismiss there claims. And because I refuse to blindly follow anyone or anything… I found a planetary convergence that completely caught me off guard. And I’ve asked people all over this website and around the Internet to check into this discovery themselves… It's just sad how many people dismiss this planetary convergence without even looking into it. Way to deny ignorance!

--Charles Marcello

edit on 10-12-2010 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
A coincidence is merely a coincidence. Matching 3 points to 3 points is a coincidence.

There are no prophecies associated with the end of the Mayan long count calendar. There are no 2012 prophecies from other ancient civilizations. It's a hoax perpetrated by fringe authors to fill their coffers with the money from the gullible.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

Yeah and furthermore, it is highly unlikely that the world will end before our sun dies.. But it is possible that mankind is extinct before that.

But that's not likely to happen in 2012.

-v

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Extremador

Why must a doomsday scenario take place? Most predictions on the events of 2012 do not foresee the end of existence of all humanity. Thats merely a paranoid interpretation of events, Its not the end of the world. But, the end of the world as we know it. There will be a 2013, 2014, 2015, etc.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

The world as we know it ends every single day. You live, you learn and your world changes. Be it physical change, societal change or personal change.

This is not the world I was born into, nor the one I shall die in. Life IS change constant and unrelenting. The most significant changes occur unheralded and gradually. We cannot know the future for it isn't written yet.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i think this post is very necessary for those people who are worried about the end of the world in 2012
have a look at thses you will feel shame about your thoughts

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
as a christian one reason the world won't end in 2012 is because Matthew 24:36 - But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You are deceived by false serpents who own the heads of debunkers. Insert their tongues into the ears of skeptics like they are puppets on a string.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

Correct. The future of each of us as individuals, contain countless possibilities. My path is determined by the choices and decisions, i'm continuously making, day after day. Decisions on how i choose to interact with the world around me. But, the future of our entire species as a whole, is not so malleable. Not unlike the crossroads encountered during my lifetime. The path of the Human race is destined for similar forks in the road.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join