It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Personal Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Please note that I am not making this post as proof that ET exists, nor do I believe that my personal experience will cause anyone to throw up their hands and exclaim that they had been wrong all along, that ET must exist. I had an experience when I was 13 years old that I am not able to explain in any conventional terms. I believe in ET because of this and one other experience that has occurred in my otherwise boring life. The 2nd experience was a lot more traumatic to me then this first experience, but it is the first experience that has me the most curious to find some type of answer or explanation.
It was the Summer (July or August) of 1972. That prior Christmas my father had died a sudden and shocking death. My family was suffering under a lot of stress after his death.(Not sure if my state of mind is important, but I wanted to include it just in case) I was spending the night with my best friend, and we decided to sleep in sleeping bags in his back yard. I was from a very small town in Central Illinois, and during that evening we had a beautiful night time view of the sky. We were laying in the back yard talking about things that 13 year old boys talk about when my friend went silent and was staring intently at the sky to an area above and a little to the East of us. I asked him what he was looking at, and he pointed his finger to the area. At first all I could see was stars, but after a few seconds I seen hundreds of objects that looked exactly like all the other stars in the sky except that they were a little bit brighter, and they were moving. Each point of light appeared to be moving independently of the other lights. The best way that I can describe their movement is that if you can imagine there being a very small area of the sky that is completely black, some of the lights would move toward that area, and the light would simply disappear. Then other lights would appear and seem to move away from the black area. For well over an hour we watched these lights move in this pattern, and always in the same area of sky. At the end all the lights appeared to move toward the black area and simply disappeared.
At the time, I don't believe that I knew what a UFO, flying saucer, or what an ET was. I can not remember even ever seeing a movie with any of those in it. I do remember that a few years earlier my whole family had gathered around our TV to watch the moon landing. It was not until I got older that I really started wondering what it was I saw that night, and only because it dawned on me that if we had only landed on the moon a few years prior to this incident that we probably did not have the technology to match what I saw.
I recognize that this is a boring experience compared to most of the experiences that I have read on this site, but I have always wondered what is was I observed that night, and whether there is any other logical explanation.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

VeniVidi.....

Thank you for your thoughtful, well expressed report.

You asked for possible explanations. Therefore, I will offer you an idea.

Have you heard of the Perseids meteor shower?

It is quite spectacular.....I have observed it myself.

Have a look at this link:

en.wikipedia.org...

You stated the following:

It was the Summer (July or August) of 1972

The link states the following:

1972 August 12: reported to be the most active shower in recorded history

I wonder if your sighting could have been related to the Perseids?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 22-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

VeniVidi.....

Here is a video of the Perseids that I found for you:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 22-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
MMN
Thank you for your opinion. I have watched you on here for a few years, and enjoy reading your Posts and Replys.
I have often thought of the possibility that it was a meteor shower. The only reason I rejected this idea was that these lights stayed in one particular area of the sky for at least an hour. They moved in a "toward" and "away" motion from a black area in the center of them. My feeling at the time was there there was something in that black area, but I can't be certain of that. I have watched a lot of meteor showers, and they always moved across the sky until they disappeared. These moved in a very small area, and in different directions.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Veni....ONLY YOU can say what YOU FEEL this experience was.what is YOUR gut feeling? say now with out self editing.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

ewokdisco:

My gut feeling today is that I observed a space technology that is beyond anything the people of our world is capable of. As stated, that is just a gut feeling. The more I participate within the Forums of ATS the more I am open to other possibilities. But to make certain that my feelings are perfectly clear, I do NOT believe that:

1. I observed a hoax or elaborate joke being played on me, or any other person, that I just happened to witness;

2. I was seeing balloons, or other similar objects;

3. I, and my friend, hallucinated;

4. I was dreaming.

I am open to any other reasonable possibility or explanation. In fact I am on ATS searching for other explanations, and not necessarily one that allows me to stay in my comfort zone, although I would be a much happier person if I could find one that is complete and adequate enough to keep me in my comfort zone.
I have been coming to ATS for several years, and only recently decided to become a member. I became a member, because like a lot of people here, I have been getting an overwhelming FEELING that something is about to happen. Something that I BELIEVE is going to bring most of the people in this World out of their comfort zone. I cannot adequately describe this feeling other then to say that I sometimes feel the way Richard Dreyfuss pretended to feel in the movie "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" when he was playing around with his mashed potatoes. I believe that I am a mostly rational person, and this FEELING is very confusing to me. Even though this FEELING overwhelms me at times I often tell myself that I am getting this FEELING only because I keep reading other people's comments on ATS that they keep getting the same feeling. Sort of like getting a headache after I hear my spouse complaining of one all day long. This helps put me back in my comfort zone for a little while.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Mmmm...I've had many dreams where I see multiple bright lights in the sky that I "realize" are spacships...but then I wake up. Have you and your boyhood friend ever discussed the situation now that you're adults? If not, it would be interesting to hear his take on the situation.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

Thank you for asking that. In 1974 my friend and his family moved. My family and his were very close friends and would often go on outing events together. When his family moved, they did so without telling anyone that they were leaving town. We didn't find this strange, as they were originally from Kentucky, and only moved to Central Illinois because my friends Father had some sort of involvement in the planning of a Nuclear Power Plant that was ultimately built in my home town. We did not keep in touch. About a year ago I was looking through my home town "topix" page and there was a message on there from his sister. She was asking for anyone who knew me or my sister to contact us with an e-mail address that she provided. I got in contact, and eventually talked to my friend. I asked him if he remembered this incident, and he related that he did. In fact this incident was something that he had talked about with his other friends throughout his life. It was during a conversation with his sister about this incident that got her to wondering what had ever become of my family and ultimately made her decide to search for my sister and I. My friend related to me that, other then this incident, he has never observed any other paranormal incident. I have only observed one other that I briefly mentioned in above posts. Our memories were almost identical with a few exceptions. (1) He thought that there must have been thousands of moving lights, whereas I guessed hundreds. (2) He thought the incident happened in the summer of 1971, where as I am certain that it happened in the Summer of 1972. My Father died on December 26, 1971, and this happened the first summer after his death.(3) His gut feeling was that what we saw was happening just a few miles above us, whereas I believe that it was happening in space. But we both agree that neither of us really know how far away these moving lights were.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Bump Bump..
Interesting... Thanks for sharing your experience.

Spouse and I have seen things that are unexplainable as well - similar to your sighting though with ours it seemed to come from up there: This was NOT a meteor. It seemed like it played with us by disappearing and reappearing and changed color.

This past year has been hectic for us, so not much chance to get out there to scout the night sky..

Interesting post OP. I wish to hear from others as well and challenge everyone to start looking up! You may find yourself surprised!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Very interesting. I am curious to hear about your second experience. I personally have never had any kind of first hand experience with aliens or UFOs, but I'm keeping my mind open. I do believe there is a chance they actually exist. My mother swears she saw an alien spaceship when she was a teenager living in New Hampshire. She was able to get her older sister to come outside and see it for herself. She said it hovered not far from the ground and it was quiet. There were no engine sounds. Then it went straight up into the air. My mom and her sister jumped into her truck and followed it for a bit. They ended up in a large field and it then shot up into (or towards) space and out of sight. My mom makes it clear too that this craft made NO NOISE!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join