It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

locked threads

page: 1

join
share:
MrC

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Hi,

Just wondering why some threads have been locked, particularly "Draco Reptilians"

???

MrC

MrC

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Also, why was Daelume banned?

He seemed to post a lot of information and be prepared to engage in debate. It looks to me like he just got a lot of abuse in return, then got banned!

Is that how it is around here?

Or can someone enlighten me please?

???

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
While I cannot speculate much on the actions of others (as I wasn't the one warning or banning), it appears the member was warned several times, but continued with whatever action prompted the warning... In such cases, the warning is always explained by the mod doing so, as well as suggestions as to how to avoid it in the future.

[edit on 27-6-2004 by Gazrok]

MrC

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I haven't fully read the other thread yet, but "Draco Reptilians" seemed fair enough to me. There were posters calling for "proof" and refusing to consider his links & info, instead of retaining an open mind. Some way to debate!

I guess the warnings must have been on the other thread. I will read it through and see what was going on.

Thanks Gazrok!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrC
Also, why was Daelume banned?

1) harrasing mods and other members
B) not providing evidence other than an "i'm right, you're wrong, and that's how it's gonna be until you agree with me" stance.

in other words, breaking the rules of ATS.

the thread that got him/her banned.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: forgot about this...

Just wondering why some threads have been locked, particularly "Draco Reptilians"

use the search function and then ask yourself, "does ATS really need ANOTHER thread on this topic?" besides, it saves bandwidth.

[edit on 6/27/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

MrC

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

B) not providing evidence other than an "i'm right, you're wrong, and that's how it's gonna be until you agree with me" stance.

in other words, breaking the rules of ATS.

There was at least one other poster on that thread whose attitude was worse than his, and used almost those very words too (not you!). Maybe that poster should be warned? But I see no little red blocks under his avatar, nor has he been banned. Nor has he provided "proof" or "evidence" to back up his claims which contradict Daelume. How strange.

I mean, seriously. If that IS the way it is around here what's the point?

use the search function and then ask yourself, "does ATS really need ANOTHER thread on this topic?" besides, it saves bandwidth.

I've asked myself, and my answer is that while there are people with questions to ask, or ideas to bounce around, then yes we do need as many threads as it will take. We don't have to take part in a thread if we have nothing to actually contribute to it. I've viewed and contributed to a few of these other threads and they all seem to have different slants on the same thing, however one aspect remains constant. Ridicule. And what is the locked topic at the top of this forum list? "No more scoffing & ridicule". Hmmm.

MrC

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

1) harrasing mods and other members

How? I've read it all now and I just don't see it. In fact I think that he was remarkably restrained, looking at some of the posts directed at him.

(And no, I'm not him in disguise!!!
)

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well MrC, I think what members of ATS need to remember is that we are guests of ATS and we have no ownership interest or rights on ATS other than those given to us by the owner of ATS, Simon Gray. The rules of ATS are clear and unambiguous. They seem to be fairly enforced and there is no hint that any of the mods are arbitrary or capricious in how they carry out their responsibilities. This is a site open to people of all ages and is supported by advertisers. Those advertisers will only support those organizations which meet their standards for use of advertising budgets.

With regard to Daelume, I've read many of his posts over his short time on ATS and felt very quickly that his time was limited at best. While you may feel that someone has come up with a post worse than his, I think you need to look at the totality of the posts. He appeared to simply be an argumentative spammer who contributed nothing to ATS.

While some may say they have a right to free speech on ATS and anything short of that is censorship, they are wrong. ATS is privately owned and accordingly, members play by the owners rules. If one claims censorship, that's not possible. Censorship can only be carried out by the government because the government is representative of the people. This is the difference between a publicly and privately owned entity.

top topics

join