It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Loam posted a device for hearing that looks pretty good that was around before 1928

Ah, had to dig back and find it, damn this thread is huge now, easy to miss a page or several.

Those are amazing, and do look like cell phones.

But that leaves the question, why would this person be talking to herself with that device?

And what about those giant feet?

It's all speculation, without being able to authenticate the original footage and verify it, it simply could be faked for utoob hits.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It seems like most people are not noticing the guy in front of her/him. Here's a couple of shots I took from the video.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb28caf34cbe.jpg[/atsimg]
.............................strange right?

This man also seems to keep his left hand in his pocket, I think we briefly see a good view of his right hand in this shot below. If that is his hand, then his small finger is.....well not so small..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/905855e078ba.jpg[/atsimg]

One thing It "might be" is he has a mustache and some gloves on his hands. But compared to the woman why is he not so clear? Could his face really be like this?

But seriously, look at his neck, it must be so thick that the collar digs into it! And his head looks huge, and his ears do not appear.

Well now that I've got your attention, I'll let you guys figure this out!!!

edit on 22-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

i don't know what it is, why are you attacking me for other peoples theories? i have no idea, all i know is it 'looks' like she is talking on a mobile phone.

i do not think it is fantasy that technologies are around decades before the public are allowed to be aware of it.
that is the only way i think it could be a mobile phone or some sort of communication device, were secret service or spy's around back then with better technologies than what the public had?, who knows.

but you seem to be eager for me to believe you theory over some of the other more likely ones. i do not believe it is a hearing aid anymore than i believe it is just a crazy person holding a wet fish against their head.

it could be anything.
edit on 22-10-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

link   
I say it's just an old lady who doesn't understand what film is etc. and is just very very shy and so she covers her face. That's why she turns in the end to say "Are we done?"

link   
Whilst waiting for an answer/explanation to my previous questions I have these points to make.

If there were Time Travellers, surely those from the time of invention of cellphones could go back to the 20's. I say that because from MPOV, it seems there is a larger device held to the ear reminiscent of those ghastly contraptions of the 80's.
And to answer some others saying she/he is walking along with a hearing aid device to ear. Why would someone be TALKING to said listening device unless they too were mad (( like I feel about now...lol) or intent on listening to the sounds of the limited traffic noises then, other people walking/talking etc. And still the question begs, why look so animated like she/he IS talking to somebody?
And to the person who mentioned she/he may not liked to be filmed so covers warts or whatever. Huh? The 20's and we have some prima donnas worrying about that? Or even recognising they are being filmed? I think not.

link   
Anyone with the wherewithall to travel back in time would know not to walk around jabbering on a cell phone.

I'm going with pulled-tooth/ice-pack on this one.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
"Rockefeller Time Traveler LadyMan Crossdressing Cell Phone No Eared Disappearing Humanoid In A Chaplin Film"?

It keeps piling on. Let's just stack it to the roof !?!?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
It seems like most people are not noticing the guy in front of her/him. Here's a couple of shots I took from the video.

Well I'll let the pictures do the talking.

This man also seems to keep his left hand in his pocket, I think we briefly see a good view of his right hand in this shot below. If that is his hand, then his small finger is.....well not so small..

One thing It "might be" is he has a mustache and some gloves on his hands. But compared to the woman why is he not so clear? Could his face really be like this?

But seriously, look at his neck, it must be so thick that the collar digs into it! And his head looks huge, and his ears do not appear.

Yea you did. I saw your post a few pages back. Your right. Total trip. This is really really curious video.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Why do they get see-through? Is it glitch in the matrix?
edit on 22-10-2010 by Skid Mark because: spelling

link   
double post
edit on 22-10-2010 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

link   
How could it be a cell phone when there are no tow...... oh wait I actually bothered to read the thread and see that it has been mentioned many times on each freakin' page. Worst case of not reading before posting i've seen!

Anywho, i'm with the hearing aid idea. Seems most plausible

Cheers
edit on 22-10-2010 by aaron2209 because: weirdness

link   
Well thank you! Now I feel a little more...ummm...sane. lol
And you are an Ocker huh? If so, this girl across the ditch thanks you doubly.

Originally posted by PixelDuster
reply to post by annella

Welcome to the madness!

I've broken my rule of reading all of a thread here as well, but this sort of thing gets me going, so, anyway...

The "disappearing" of our person of interest (and the "appearing" of the guy immediately after) is a simple crossfade edit, and yes they certainly did do that in that time period. No worries.

What gets me is I don't think a lot of folks have actually watched it, as the discoverer/presenter clearly states that it is not in the film but is in extra footage shot at the film's premiere at the Chinese theater.

So, fear not, it was a fine question. That's what we're here for, eh, what?

Peace,
Pixel

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
(Not sure if this was brought up before)

When I first saw this video, my immediate thought is that a 4:3 aspect ratio film was being horizontally stretched to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio HD screen.

Here's how it probably should look:

Notice the "woman's" frame is much more normal, as well as the hat on the man in front of "her" and the zebra statue. Also, more important, the shoe size looks much more appropriate.

Still not sure about what's in "her" hand.

Now that you've seen a more natural aspect ratio of the original, see how distorted the YouTube version looks?

I find it odd that a "film maker" wouldn't pick up this obvious issue and call attention to the shoe size (and hand size, etc.)... which is clearly distorted.

edit on 22-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Look at his head and neck and torso. It's all distorted. I assume the pinky is as well. Either really crazy makeup and mask for the period or likely video stretching/distortion due to one or many reasons.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It seems to be a sunny day and according to the dude's clothes it is kind of warm. So why is she wearing a coat???

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Nope hasnt been brought up before, thankds for doing that, she looks less manly, can we get the whole video in that format?
cheers z

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bingo, that ends the mystery of the enormous feet!

Is there any way ATS can authenticate this footage with your news staff etc?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I know what it is....

Seriously. Ok ready?

Its a hand held radio. Shes relaying scores to the man in front of her.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Use your brain

Yes as SkepticOvelord pointed out it is stretched. Still I don't think the man is that distorted, why would only he be distorted and not the woman too?

Maybe it could be a man with a rare condition or injury?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

You've not seen Dr Who. Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join