It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Yeah him too, lol, there certainly were a lot of people in politics cross dressing lmao!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

look at the arrangement of "her" fingers , particularly at 4:11

the two sets of fingers are separated , which indicates the holding of a rectangular object at an angle.

now that could be something as trivial as a small leather notebook , but there is something being held there.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So is anyone going to actually analyze the footage to see if she is indeed holding an object?

Or are we still at "David Rockefeller Time Traveler Drag Queen"?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Great thread,

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but could it not be a small musical device and the woman/man
Is not talking but singing, walking with it to her ear and slightly embarrassed at being caught singing on camera? I've seen the mechanical musical things like they use in a music box small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, i'm sure they were small back then too .. just a thought.

Regards

Satellite1

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by netron

Welll...fascinating responses, and I've held my tongue, until this last page....because I see the repeating of people's somewhat limited (sorry) imaginations, and STILL refer to "iPhones", and such..and "palm sized".

Has everyone already forgotten Star Trek: The Next Generation?? And, further Star Trek franchises that attempted to maintain the "canon" of the series, and paying attention to time periods that post-dated Kirk and crew?

I am referring to the "communicator" concept that was invented for the ST series, back when "TNG premiered in 1987. The emblem on the uniform, usually attached at the chest. IT was a transceiver, amongst having many other functions.

that is indeed true - but then Star Trek never entertained the idea of having a palm sized device with a screen on it . And a screen is useful if you want to read information.

Star Trek also had separate devices - the tricorder, the communicator badge AND the phaser gun. There was also a bigger tricorder that was roughly the size of a radio if memory serves me right - so thats FOUR devices.

not beyond the realms of possibility that the future would have all of those in one device.

edit on 21-10-2010 by netron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have respectfully read all 18 pages whew!!

I cannot believe how many cell phone tower responses there were it was in the OP, that it was mentioned as obvious...

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

insanity at its best women look different every day, only the style of the era may change.

I have laughed the hardest at some of the replies to this thread, wholly crap what a good thread and what hilarious responses

I like the one where she was hit in the head with a rock by some kids teasing and she was using a steak on the wound
still laughing at that ...

in all seriousness, this was a promo shot the night before the premier it was probably live and I think the time traveler is Charlie that was my first impression of the clip.
if you look at his face the nose and cheek bones are similar and that goofy face at the end. what gave it away for me was the walk charlie always did goofy walks and like Graucho marx he would walk behind people in a funny way, I think this is why we see him match the pace of the guy in front not like a hefty old woman but with speed and weight behind his steps, then notice the shoes and the height Charlie was not tall and I remember him wearing big shoes alot. the clothes dont really sit right either looks like stuffing to me.

there were 2 others that mentioned it could be Charlie, wish I had the patience to go back in the thread and quote them.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Thank goodness for your post regarding people and their postings of having no cell masts at that time. We already know that, so stop boring us with your obvious answers about cell phones etc.....

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by satellite1

certainly plausible. a small hand held musical box.

would be great if someone could do some sort of lip sync analysis to test out that theory.

but wouldnt somebody hum along to such a device in public rather than singing? i'm thinking that its 1928 , and folks would be far more reserved back then - so humming would not be as conspicious.

it is clear from the video that there are mouth movements.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You may end the speculation I have it figured out.

This is a half transformed reptilian having to pose as an old hag until their transformation into a man is complete.

They are communicating with their brethren in Germany, Japan and Hawaii.

In 10 years time they will complete their initial plans of creating a global financial collapse and instigate a world war which will allow their dominance as a political power base which will stand the test of time.

Only the Galactic Federation of Light can save us now.

If you need proof all you have to do is the research...

Something equally glib about god too...

Also vibrations...

And shifting continents...

Don't forget Tesla!

-m0r

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Now there's one plausible explanation worth looking at. A music box. Yes, music boxes were common around that time. Made about that size and people sometimes carried them like we do iPods now.

She could very well be singing along with a box. Most plausible explanation I've heard yet.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is a very unusual find, even as a fluke. Not to mention that it is very subjective, as well as suggestive. No matter how much we would love to believe that this is evidence of a time-traveling capability of some sort, or even evidence of an advanced technology, in the hands of a person privileged enough to be privy to it. There still isn't enough conclusive evidence to support either argument, one way or another. Who's to say that this "extra" wasn't just a really methodical actor, trying to look busy in a "pick-up shot" or an "extra" who just so happens to be a "paranoid schizophrenic" talking to, him or herself in the scene during a delusional episode. When folks find things like this today, in period photos and motion pictures, the fantastical begins to take over, and they forget situational coincidence as a cause and they want it to be more than it really is. I am not here to say that it wasn't a time-traveler with a cell phone or an "average joe" who managed to get their hands on a prototype of a new kind of early period "hands free" communication device, which wasn't impossible at the time. All I am trying to convey is that it could have just been a fluke of body mechanics, of situation, or even some screw ball stage direction, I mean it was a Charlie Chaplin film. Who knows really and who will ever know? Because all we have is the few seconds of footage which amounts to nothing more than speculation, which is light years from being enough to even be considered circumstantial by any means.
edit on 21-10-2010 by openmind444 because: Grammar

edit on 21-10-2010 by openmind444 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The more I look at it, the more I think it could be a miniature bible that she (it?) is holding up to the ear as she (it?) puts on an eccentric facade, babbling to the book.

This might not be what is actually happening but it is possible.

Also, would a Time Traveller need a cell phone? Would not their technology have surpassed this form of communication much like we have gone past the telegraph?
edit on 21-10-2010 by warequalsmurder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My thoughts are this.

The first satellites were not available until the 1950's.

If she had a "cell phone" in 1928, what the hell was she getting the signal from?

There certainly weren't any microwave dishes, cell phone towers, or anything else in this time. Radio towers were fairly common place but small, television towers were in their infancy.

Again, where is the signal coming from if this is a cell phone?

Apparently other people made this observation earlier in the thread? I didn't see the whole video - was this discussed?
edit on 21-10-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

very possible

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
YOU FOOLS! There is no reception in 1929 and no one to talk to!

link   
Aw nuts, double post.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm sticking with my David Rockefeller thing. Because it entertains me.

PROVE_IT_NOW: You've got to relax. No one really cares about this all that much except that it is a mystery.

My schooled logic says it's someone that is not from the area, has been sunburned on the ear & cheek particularly bad and is blocking the sun from scorching it further. Maybe they are yelling to the person in front on how much of a scorcher day it is. Maybe the Cameraman has said "Fine day for a burn, eh!?" knowing there was no sound to be captured and hearing the person in the frame complaining out loud.

If this is Hollywood, one is forced to ask why are they dressed like it's New York late fall?

My guess is that is was a scorcher. Typical day for filming high end pictures when lighting was also essential, and when the weather is perfect in every way. The sun is behind the cameraman and therefore shining perfectly right where the person is blocking.

But that is boring.

It looks like David Rockefeller in drag rather than someone protecting sensitive, already burned, areas.

So for me and those that wish to entertain some good humored conspiracy, yes, it is David Rockefeller.

Just relax and have some fun with this. How about telling us what you think the pyramids were for? Now there is some serious business. Though I'm inclined to think it was once a sea turtle sanctuary.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join