It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by netron
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

But your assertion about phones getting smaller in the future doesnt stand up to scrutiny, because even now, with iphone, such devices are far more handheld computer than just "phone".

palm sized devices will alway be palm sized. its a natural size for them ergonomically. its just that in the future far more power will be packed into them - imagine the combined power of all the worlds computers packed into a palm sized device. thats certainly a possibility for future technology.

so your dismissal based on size has flaws when thought about logically.

Again, I didn't say SMALLER, I said INCONSPICUOUS. Jesus dude, can you pick up a dictionary?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I believe there were towers for radar, as well as military communications and such in the twenties. Could it be they tweeked one (there is an military airfield near Hollywood) they could have been testing secretively this "New Technology". Personally, I am not deaf, nor any kind of real expert in lip reading, but I am pretty good(proven this to friends in the past) and it looks to me' in the order as follows, she/he walks talking into the phone turns and sees the camera makes an "O" surprised face then the wo/man says "F***" and stalls...then he/she turns away and begins talking again. And cross dressers weren't unheard of then, I think they beleive Woodrow Wilson and FDR were beleived to have dressed up in women's clothing?

So seriously nobody's considering this at all...ok
I see....

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Does he have really long feet??? You have to be kidding me! Tell its not true!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IC 11:11

Portable gear back then was portable in that you needed a generator and a few square feet of a footprint as there was no transistors. There were tubes & small tubes but even the small ones were the size of a D cell battery and then you'd need a transformer about the same size. Also battery technology wasn't the greatest. Even if it was, even 80's alkaline batteries wouldn't keep a transistor walkie talkie going long.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

the other freaky thing about it - notice how the "lady" walks a few steps and then stops while still chatting. and then moves her body.

its the body movement that is incredibly like what we do when speaking on the phone in the street - we walk a few steps, and then if the conversation has something important , we STOP walking - almost like a natural reaction to the very important information from the incoming call.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i think it does look like she is holding a mobile, but the time travel theory is 'nuts' to most.

has anybody thought that they have technologies that are way in advance of what the vast majority are aloud to have and we are witnessing a individual who is on the inside and has such technology, who's to say towers were not around if this theory is possible? they could of been disguised, put on top of buildings etc etc, its just the general population had no knowledge of these things back then therefore never suspected or questioned anything. its not like they would of gone "oh look there's somebody on a mobile phone" or "look bob you seen that mobile phone mast on that building there".

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
According to wikipedia (I know, but I'm lazy today), the first walkie talkie was in 1940, and was back pack size.

I think a someone has picked up a bunch of old set props at a garage sale and decided to shoot a 'behind the scenes' film, make it look old and threw the mobile in there to get everyone talking.
Good prank, hope they get a good laugh out of it. I'm sure they're getting a good laugh out of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Anything is possible in the whacky world that is our ATS collective mind!

But If I was to think of who would have the money, the agenda to make (inherit more) money and the need for a suttle ego boost? Yeah Good ol Dave all the way hahahaha!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

certainly a possibility. a secretive inventor perhaps?

also think of the form of dress. if you had an advanced radio communications device in 1928 and wanted to field test it without being noticed , what would be the best way to go unnoticed by everyone else ?

you'd go dressed as an old woman.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Actually lots of non time traveller options have been starred and supported.
Please note that I have throught the thread said I a skeptical this is a time traveller.

Your contributions regarding the points of this being a heavy set woman is more likey than a time traveller I starred and valued, these agressive contributions i do not value.

I'm blocking you because I feel you're unstable and just on ATS to catch 'entertainment'.

Time wasting attention whore.

WOW...wtf?

Seriously...lots of people are putting forth good ideas...all you are doing is complaining.

The only contribution I have seen you put forth is something along the lines of "this isn't a man in drag...it is a women because women back then were big and burly". Yeah...that is GREAT deductive logic.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I am surprised at how much attention this gets.. not only here, but just about everywhere. I'm usually not one to shut down anyone's theory just like that.. but I don't think there's anything to see here..

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pscysm

according to when it went 'public'

second line

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm thinking that she's talking to somebody off screen, perhaps the guy who was walking in front of her, and she's holding what could either be a scarf, a muff, or a little fur inner coat collar. We forget that women used to accessorize. The women are all dressed in coats like it's cold, and she could be shielding her face from either the sun or the cold.

That's probably what's happening.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

And the QUEEN OF SPOOKS, HOOVER!!!!!!!!!

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you actually go back and look at ALL my posts from the beginning, I was one of FEW trying to have a logical discussion. Than guys like you say crap like "dude stop bumming us out and being so serious mannnn brooo you're vibe is not cohesive to the rest of the hive brroooooo you're not contributing"

What you mean is that my skepticism of this and approaching it logically is NOT what is appreciated.

Stop pretending otherwise.

link   

Originally posted by pscysm
According to wikipedia (I know, but I'm lazy today), the first walkie talkie was in 1940, and was back pack size.

I think a someone has picked up a bunch of old set props at a garage sale and decided to shoot a 'behind the scenes' film, make it look old and threw the mobile in there to get everyone talking.
Good prank, hope they get a good laugh out of it. I'm sure they're getting a good laugh out of it.

certainly possible. only way to debunk that would be for someone to get their hands on the original reels. definitely a plausible theory alright.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by netron

Welll...fascinating responses, and I've held my tongue, until this last page....because I see the repeating of people's somewhat limited (sorry) imaginations, and STILL refer to "iPhones", and such..and "palm sized".

Has everyone already forgotten Star Trek: The Next Generation?? And, further Star Trek franchises that attempted to maintain the "canon" of the series, and paying attention to time periods that post-dated Kirk and crew?

I am referring to the "communicator" concept that was invented for the ST series, back when "TNG premiered in 1987. The emblem on the uniform, usually attached at the chest. IT was a transceiver, amongst having many other functions.

Surely, by the "time" ( laugh) that any actual "Time Travel" becomes possible, the level of technology THEN, for communications purposes, would make an iPhone (or any other "cell phone") seem as obsolete as a steam locomotive does to us, today....

Another thing, to compare....looking at today's technology (I onlyr ead the first ELEVEN pages, before jumping to the end, so I hope no one else brought this up already)....Secret Service Agents.

Yes, their earpieces have the coiled air tube, to convey sound....but their transceiver is hidden, likely clipped to the belt, and there is a microphone on their wrist, with ITS wire hidden by a shirt or coat sleeve. And, a small earbud (similar to today's very sophisticated hearing aids) could have a wireless connection.

Surely....THAT would be a better system for an "undercover" time traveler, hmmm? Still, I maintain, IF they could time travel, then a "palm sized device" is just a bit silly to contemplate, when there are so many other possiblities.

I think I'll stick with the hearing aid idea, and the fact that (1928) no sound in the moving pictures, yet....so, any speaking sounds, no ruined takes. Of course, this was NOT a movie scene "take", as pointed out...but more of a "candid" as-it-happens shot, of a random person walking (it seems) into the frame while a camera happened to be filming the movie premier event....

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along now. Be careful. Review the footage. Sometimes it is difficult to accommodate what seems to go against the grain. Don't be afraid. Examine, review and draw your own conclusions. Good craic for sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you actually go back and look at ALL my posts from the beginning, I was one of FEW trying to have a logical discussion. Than guys like you say crap like "dude stop bumming us out and being so serious mannnn brooo you're vibe is not cohesive to the rest of the hive brroooooo you're not contributing"

What you mean is that my skepticism of this and approaching it logically is NOT what is appreciated.

Stop pretending otherwise.

Have you read my posts? Do you think I am not being skeptical about this?

Why are you so hostile about this?

Freaking go out for a walk...take some deep breaths...and remember...this is the internet and is not a life or death situation.

Chill...no one is going to die if we can't prove anything one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hey Mizz Zazzy!

I haven't gone through the entire thread so I may repeat what someone else has said, or it's been solved and I'll just make a twat of myself... anyhoo...

Perhaps the 'drag queen' is singing. People often cupped one ear when doing so (even today)... it's a bit naff I know.

IRM

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join