It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Please take the time to watch this video. Everything he "animates" has something that I have always tried to explain. It shows how the current education is very outdated but the tone is very enlightening and up beat. Very well made and edited, check it out, not your typical "blame them" video!

edit on 19-10-2010 by kyle43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Pretty powerful stuff there S&F for sharing.... thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I can agree with most of the things, and I can disagree with some as well. I really feel most of this eventually falls back on parenting.

Technology is now advancing to the point where almost all kids currently are growing up with the internet. That is probably going to be the biggest revolution in group think in recorded history. It already is, but I mean this generation of young children are really the first for the most part to all grow up with even 1 computer in their house. If not, on their personal phone.

I believe we are at a juncture because it is now for the rest, "adapt or die". Some will, some have, others wont. This is realistically why we are at the crossroads, and why we are cumulatively "slow" at this point. I think this is the main difference between his talking point about the people moving things up the stairs and the other "intellectuals". The children growing up currently will not know any other way. I am guessing within 50 years all information (true, real information) will be immediately accessible 100% of the time, anytime, right from some flexible monitor structure that fits over your arm or something. It is coming to the point where technology will have to be truly one with us on some level.

Once science and math become a bigger force (at least within the USA) things will start to change. It will become that way shortly as our models are now far outdated. People are and have been realizing this for quite a while now. Unfortunately, it takes time to change with such a large population, at least within this country.

I am very bullish on our future.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

I agree, but there is only so much a parent can do, and in kids todays' cases, the parents also were affected by the education system. Parents should encourage their kids to go out and make friends but at the same time we can't be blaming everything on the internet. Unfortunately there has been much education on how to properly and safely use the internet. I think to move forward we need to embrace what keeps evolving but also, as demonstrated in this video, change education up so we are actually learning again.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

It always comes down to everything that came first. We are never going to get back to the times we came from without eradicating the very things that have brought us into this dismal abyss. It is sadly misunderstood that we have a choice now. We have come to the point of no stopping. Simple answers are also out of the question. This whole game is so intricately complex that it has the power of making those whom are relatively aware quite sick.

new topics

top topics

join