It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the candle of faith soon run out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As a person of religion. Who believes in God. I see my faith as a candle. It might be a rich candle, it can be lit for a while and maybe even will blow out when I pass away. My question is the candle just faith and will faith soon run out. Faith is faith. I can influence a person to believe in God. Same with any of you. I can explain what I believe and tell them this what people of our faith do. How can we instead of evolving our faith to today. We look for better proof. As they say you can't hold a candle to I forget which. My mind is drawing a blank here. Anyway what do you guys think of us trying to give evidence to support our beliefs?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I hate religion, is just confuses people, so in other words my candle of faith was burned out before I was even born.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

think of it not so much as a candle but rather a lamp. One of the key things to faith is to develop it when times are good and you are in a cycle of prosperity. That way when you reach a time of little or even outright devastation you will have more than enough fuel to keep that flame burning through it.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanMeatsuit

Well there are people of faith out there. How would it run out?
Unless we're in denile! Ahhh!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Proof is only needed when you want to force your ideals on another person, which I don't believe in. Religion should be an entirely personal thing, don't listen to preachers, holy books, or even science on this one. If your beliefs make you a better person and help you to grow, that's all that is needed. You don't need proof or faith to know if something is good for your soul, just feel it out.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Faith is the conscious decision to suspend logic and reason. The faster it burns out the better.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i think one day all religions will merge together they will have to, to survive. people (myself included) have questions, many questions that no religion can or will answer. they all fall back on blind faith. well thats not good enough for me. i want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.....................

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet,

We must increase in faith until we have the faith of our Redeemer. We must search out and find what is Truth as it is the Truth, the solid rock for us to stand on that makes our calling and election sure. Follow Him and not the false teachings of denominations and false teachers. There is only one True religion, and that is what follows His Word and is off Him. Most is false out there, use His Word as the dirt brush and sort it out. The Bereans were commended for that, determine what is true and it strengthens you. Be like these - Ac 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. KJV.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As much as atheists wish it the candle(or lamp?) of faith will never burn out. It is not as a candle but as a rock that once is created will withstand the test of time. I love Christianity and many others love it. I even love the people who oppose Christianity.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Camtheconspiracyman

Well Christianity and Islam will soon run out. Soon the Jewish Messiah will come and destroy those religions.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet,
I must inform you the Christian Messiah was prophecied long, long ago and has become the Head Stone of the Corner. Ps 118:22 "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner". KJV. Who refused Him? As for the coming Messiah of the Jews? Who will He be? You ought to Know!

Truthiron.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Sorry! Christianity has it all wrong. In God's case the true Messiah and only legit Messiah will come soon.
Trust me on this here. We will lead and peace will be made.

top topics

join