It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks insurance password (possibly) incoming!

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IllMannered

dumb question, but how do you use Chan4?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dotwr001
I am currently compiling a "dictionary" of every possible combination of letters, numbers, and symbols (available for use in passwords) that I can run as a dictionary attack against this file. The program I am using to write this compilation is much faster than the one I was going to use to bruteforce it. I'll keep you posted

Good luck. Please realize that AES256 uses a password that is up to 256 bits. That's about 40 characters (uppercase + lowercase + numbers). I'm betting that if the insurance file is indeed AES-256, the password is a long string of random characters that a dictionary-based attack wouldn't help find. Enjoy experimenting.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Back in the limelight:

Foxnews

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You may be thinking of the website 4chan but I think that the wikileaks tweet is referring to channel 4 uk news. I may be wrong that's just what I'm thinking. 4chan is a bit confusing though. You just Kind of go through it and click on different topics to view conversations. /b/ is the most popular board there.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

See TBIJ, IBC, Guardian, Spiegel, NYT, Le Monde, Al Jazeera, Chan4, SVT, CNN, BBC and more in the next few hours. We maximise impact.

The most recent tweet, didn't see it posted yet if I missed it I apologize.

wikitweet
edit on 22-10-2010 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

you got a link please?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I think thats what you wanted correct?
2ndline

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I could only get the Al-Jezeera programme here: Link

Am watching it now, it's a documentary about information from the files. My internet is so slow though, it's keeps stopping and starting.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
so, i have a question do you think they will broadcast this with the following from the wikileaks tweet? "IMPORTANT: Pentagon threatens entire world press with Espionage Act" link http://(link tracking not allowed)/amk9KU

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Assange is saying on the programme that they have been working with lawyers to bring war crimes charges to at least 40 people.

My connection is driving me crazy!!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by brianman

They are broadcasting it right now. I am watching it as I type this. The link is in my post above.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What is this!? I saw this on yahoos' homepage and it seems that "they" are worried about secrets of the war and the military being release. Is this the reason why the wikileak site has been down?

news.yahoo.com...

Its amazing how much info wikileak has obtained from the war in Iraq to the US military. But even crazier is that we can't seem to get info on Obamas' birth certificate lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

In a posting to Twitter, the secret-spilling website said there would be a "major WikiLeaks announcement in Europe" at 0900 GMT (5 a.m. EDT) Saturday. The group has revealed almost nothing publicly about the nature of the announcement.

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Actually from what I have read, which may be wrong, but aes256 passwords can be up to 64 characters long. My program is currently finding and compiling every possible combination of letters/numbers/symbols up 64 characters in length, which when finished I can run that file as a dictionary (though they won't all be real words) against the Insurance file. May take some time, but technically it can be done.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't see anything except it said first report at 2100 GMT, that's 5pm in NYC right?

That's the spirit, US tries to squash them in US media, so they give them to Al Jazeera. lol

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
According to Al Jazeera English, it looks like the media embargo on the new Wikileaks files will be lifted at around 5PM eastern time today (Friday 10/22).

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by acceler18
According to Al Jazeera English, it looks like the media embargo on the new Wikileaks files will be lifted at around 5PM eastern time today (Friday 10/22).

Here's the latest tweet...story is out.

Al Jazeera have broken our embargo by 30 minutes. We release everyone from their Iraq War Logs embargoes.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dotwr001

Just from what I've read here and in other posts over the past few years that relate to cracking codes and the like, a 64-character password comprised of a random mixture of letters (upper and lower case), numbers and other usable characters would have an absolutely huge number of combinations. And that is assuming that no foreign-language or specialized characters from eg maths or physics are included, of course.

Have you determined how large your dictionary will actually have to be?

Mike

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

No not yet, but I've been meaning to do this for some time now, so why not start compiling it....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is personally very important to me. I heard some stuff a LONG time ago about a rape of a child to get at his father and no one would ever believe me. My husband thought I was crazy. I think I will be vindicated if what is in these docs is the contents of the 2nd cd with videos of what went on Abu Ghirab.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join