It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China raises key rate for 1st time since crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Somehow I do not think this will help china at all as it barely did last time this was done but you can agree or disagree or read the article here as I have posted the Link

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 19-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

I like how economic illiterates come in all shapes colors and sizes. Its like a big "We Are the World" concert with a bunch of half-wit economist shaman chanting madness into the sky. The control over interest rates have proven one thing.... that if the central bank gets it right, its already too late. I think China will experience that first hand.

One quote from article that I liked...

"By contrast, the U.S. is trying to speed up its weak expansion. The Federal Reserve is widely expected on Nov. 3 to launch a program to buy more Treasury bonds. "

I feel like we are in a limbo dance.... How low can our interest rate go? Could it go negative? Spend, spend, spend.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
reply to post by kid_cudi

I like how economic illiterates come in all shapes colors and sizes. Its like a big "We Are the World" concert with a bunch of half-wit economist shaman chanting madness into the sky. The control over interest rates have proven one thing.... that if the central bank gets it right, its already too late. I think China will experience that first hand.

One quote from article that I liked...

"By contrast, the U.S. is trying to speed up its weak expansion. The Federal Reserve is widely expected on Nov. 3 to launch a program to buy more Treasury bonds. "

I feel like we are in a limbo dance.... How low can our interest rate go? Could it go negative? Spend, spend, spend.

It could go negative just like ALL OF OUR BANK ACCOUNTS DO FOR NO REASON except the banks want money so they take it from us, and try ro act like nothing happened

join