It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 500000 year old Spark plug ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I live about 30 miles from the Coso area and this is a old story and as soon after it was identified as a spark-plug it disappeared before more modern testing could be done.

Out here it believed that it was a spark-plug that had been coated with clay from a old lake bed and thrown into one of the number of old silver smelters that were in the area and the clay was fused to the old spark-plug.
and yes there are old lake bed clay deposits in the area that contain shells that would have dated back to the ice age.
plus if the smelter was fired with coal as many were, the coal would have screwed up carbon dating making it look like it was 500,000 years old.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I live about 30 miles from the Coso area and this is a old story and as soon after it was identified as a spark-plug it disappeared before more modern testing could be done.

Out here it believed that it was a spark-plug that had been coated with clay from a old lake bed and thrown into one of the number of old silver smelters that were in the area and the clay was fused to the old spark-plug.
and yes there are old lake bed clay deposits in the area that contain shells that would have dated back to the ice age.
plus if the smelter was fired with coal as many were, the coal would have screwed up carbon dating making it look like it was 500,000 years old.

I actually thought it was the result of a smelter myself.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I believe this is probably a snippet from the defunct television show "In Search Of", which ran from 1976 until 1982 and was narrated by Leonard Nimoy.

Judging by a quick scan of the episode listing, I think this would probably have come from season six, episode 19, entitled "Time and Space Travel".

I remember loving this show as a kid.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Just a thought about this and other supposed "out of time" artifacts that have been found.

If indeed there have been other advanced civilizations inhabbiting this planet long before our time, would they have developed EXACTLY the way we have, and created EXACTLY the same devices and machinery we have?

Take for example a spark plug... that would mean they had developed the same modes of transport that needed exactly the same components to be created in the exactly the same shape and form for us to be able to identify something as a "spark plug".

I find the concept highly unlikely in all honesty.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
maybe its from 1920 and for any reason it goes back in time...maybe timeslip.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here's the explanation...

An investigation carried out by Pierre Stromberg and Paul Heinrich, with the help of members of the Spark Plug Collectors of America, suggested that the artifact is a 1920s Champion spark plug. Chad Windham, President of the Spark Plug Collectors of America, identified the Coso Artifact as a 1920s-era Champion spark plug, which was widely used in the Ford Model T and Model A engines. Other spark plug collectors concurred with his assessment.

Stromberg and Heinrich's report indicates the spark plug became encased in a concretion composed of iron derived from the rusting spark plug. It is typical of iron and steel artifacts to rapidly form iron oxide concretions around them as they rust in the ground.

Case closed! QED!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-10-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajax_andy

When the liquid fuel rocket was invented, three men in three countries came up with the same concept and design independently of each other... in fact the third one did not even get this credited for many years. Those three countries are now the 3 main space powers

So parallel development is quite possible... not that it proves this plug came from Atlantis

Now the other side of the coin is this... IF these artifacts like the plug, the hammer, the cast iron pot, etc are not truly ancient, yet are embedded in coal and other rocks, then our current theories on Geology come into question on just exactly how long does it take coal to form and rocks to encase a tool?

edit on 20-10-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

When the liquid fuel rocket was invented, three men in three countries came up with the same concept and design independently of each other... in fact the third one did not even get this credited for many years. Those three countries are now the 3 main space powers

So parallel development is quite possible... not that it proves this plug came from Atlantis

Now the other side of the coin is this... IF these artifacts like the plug, the hammer, the cast iron pot, etc are not truly ancient, yet are embedded in coal and other rocks, then our current theories on Geology come into question on just exactly how long does it take coal to form and rocks to encase a tool?

It only takes a few years for a concretion to form, especially on iron (steel) objects.

Given that there is no evidence, other than stories, of anything anomalous ever having been found embedded in coal, the other question is moot. Find something that is so embedded prior to asking how it happened.

Harte

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Given that there is no evidence, other than stories, of anything anomalous ever having been found embedded in coal, the other question is moot. Find something that is so embedded prior to asking how it happened.

Yes funny how that works... the artifact vanish so there is no evidence, yet skeptics point to the stories of this non evidence and use the stories to debunk

Does no one else see how ludicrous that is?

Yup Iron concretions can form rapidly, but since we can't actually see the material we don't know what the actual stone is that it is embedded in

Convienient...
And in a few years the Baghdad batteries now 'stolen' from Iraq... they too will soon become nothing more than an urban legend, because there will be no proof

Sad very sad... and all because a few 'learned men' want to keep the statis quo

:shk:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well if archaeologists would stop hiding odd finds because they don't fit their pet theories, MAYBE we would learn more... but most of those things get buried in some basement and then later seem to disappear all together sa all that is left is stories of what once was haed evidence...

Then along come the skeptics to doubt the story is real and say "Prove it where is the artifact? Oh it 'disappeared'? How convenient"

Is there some case you're referring to specifically, where an archeologist purposely tossed that adamantium Terminator skeleton out of the Pharaoh's Tomb because it didn't fit with his theories? I haven't heard it.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
maybe its from 1920 and for any reason it goes back in time...maybe timeslip.

I suppose it's possible, the linearity of time is just an illusion, after all. But it's a little hard to prove, even with the artifact still around. Again, you'd have to have a very controlled dig, not something that some random person just picked up off the dirt, and show that the site was completely uncontaminated at the time it was opened. That would be pretty hard.

Now, what might be a better find would be something like a 2018 version of an iPod, with all the calendar dates for that year filled in. Something that we anticipate existing in the future but doesn't exist yet, but also something not "alien." That would be much more of an indication of a time slip. I don't know of anything like that having been found, however.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I love old documentary the media was not controled like now star & flag

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Hey wait, please more info on the "Bones of Adam" in a pharaoh tomb.

TY in advance

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes funny how that works... the artifact vanish so there is no evidence, yet skeptics point to the stories of this non evidence and use the stories to debunk

Does no one else see how ludicrous that is?

Yup Iron concretions can form rapidly, but since we can't actually see the material we don't know what the actual stone is that it is embedded in

Convienient...
And in a few years the Baghdad batteries now 'stolen' from Iraq... they too will soon become nothing more than an urban legend, because there will be no proof

Sad very sad... and all because a few 'learned men' want to keep the statis quo

:shk:

Well, at least a picture survives.

As for the Baghdad "batteries," I'd need to see evidence they were even in the museum in question. On top of that, aren't you aware that the amount of artifacts stolen was vastly over stimated, and that in fact most of what they thought was stolen was actually secreted away by museum personnel?

Can you say for certain that these artifacts have not been returned? After all, most of the stolen stuff has been recovered.

In every story I've ever read concerning objects supposedly "embedded" in coal, the object was either freed by an explosion (in which case, how'd they know it was embedded and not just laying there) or the object became freed from the coal when somebody dropped it or struck it with a hammer or whatever.

In other words, no artifact disappeared while it was embedded (in any of these stories) so, who would profit by them disappearing?

The idea that scientists would hide any evidence at all is about the most ludicrous thing anyone can believe anyway. The only thing more moronic than this is to think scientists do this to "protect their high-salary jobs or positions."

Anyone able to show evidence for anything like this would be instantly famous and far richer than they would be if the hid the information.

Harte

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

When the liquid fuel rocket was invented, three men in three countries came up with the same concept and design independently of each other... in fact the third one did not even get this credited for many years. Those three countries are now the 3 main space powers.

Parallel development within our current time is one thing. Parallel and identical development between different civilizations separated by eons is something entirely different.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ah! Those notorious 'Baghdad batteries' again! Could they be producing current? No! Let's check it out...

> The asphalt completely covers the copper cylinder, electrically insulating it, so no current can be drawn without modifying the design.
> There are no wires or conductors in them.
> An asphalt seal, is ideal for forming a hermetic seal for long term storage. It would be extremely inconvenient however, for a galvanic cell which would require frequent topping up of the electrolyte.

These artifacts were nothing but storage vessels for sacred scrolls from nearby Seleucia on the Tigris.

And these 'Baghdad batteries' weren't alien in origin as some contend!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I see what you're saying, however your example contains 3 people of the same species, with the same or similar influences, all coming up with the same concept at the same time.

The possibility of our generation of "advanced beings" being identical to one that inhabbited the planet 500,000 to years a million years ago, coming up with the exact same ideas and identical designs is highly unlikely.

Would an advanced being from this planet have invented the combustion engine, automobiles, trains, planes, Xbox 360, Big Brother etc etc 500,000 years ago? Or would they have followed a completely different development line based on their surroundings which would have been quite different back then?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
it mostly likely came from an airplane crash back when they started delivering the mail by plane. it must have been so hot that the sand around it turned to glass around it, and the carbon probably came from plant or grasses fusing to it. thats why the carbon dating was so old.

i once knew an old guy from arkansas, that would knap arrowheads, then burn them with an entire large box of big chief wooden matches, then throw them into his hog pen for 6 months next to the feeder. he would pull one every now and then and sell them to the university for thousands of dollars. they would carbon date at 40,000 years old....lol

its really true and they never caught on.

those hillbillies are some smart asses

First of all, no university archaeology department would buy any sort of artifact from anyone. They take donations, yes, but do not buy them. And they sure as hell would not spend 1,200 dollars to carbon date an artifact brought in by some redneck. There is a thing in archaeology called context, and without knowing the precise location of an artifact and where it came from it's is virtually worthless from a scientific perspective. Perhaps I am falling for a troll here...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i dont think you need spark plugs in antigravety machines, and a couple years ago i was watching doco and some arceoligest said she found a spark plug in very old larva rock in side of a small slope and she recond the last time the volcaino erupted was along time ago (i cant remember) and she was aparently outed from her feild.

too many spark plugs found in rocks for me lol

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Is there some case you're referring to specifically, where an archeologist purposely tossed that adamantium Terminator skeleton out of the Pharaoh's Tomb because it didn't fit with his theories?

Is that about those weird skeletons found at Abydos? Got a link?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join