It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are EVPS So Scary?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Really, i mean this. if we accept that EVPS are an actual recording of 'spirits' from the 'other side,then why are they universally so dark and scary? it doesnt make me pleased to embrace an after life that is so seemingly full of dread and eternal misery.so i ask.

1,why are they mostly scary?
2,are there happy ones?
3,what is it about the 'other side' that makes 'spirits' so haunted?
4,can we change all of this.

i DEMAND bliss!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
WHY..............WHY.....come one,you drones...WHY..........

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
IMHO - EVP's are nothing to take seriously.

Crackle crackle Crackle..ohhooooohhhcrackle crackle...ohhimmmm...Gonnaget youuhooohhoo aoaa crackle.

*holds up a hand* Spare me this dribble

Spirit speaks to us through our minds and hearts - not through recordings of static.

We make them scary through dramatization
edit on 19-10-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have heard evps that were not in my opinion scary. Maybe the scary aspect is the unknown? Some that I have heard were more an answer to a question. Possibly the "darkness" that seems to surround them is from circumstances of they're death.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

Now thats a question I have never seen anyone ask.
Basically why are ghosts....Scary?

I have heard it is because of negative energy and what not, unfortunately I don't deal with that stuff and I know little about it.
It does seem strange though... always a voice sounding, desperate dragging, gargling snarling.

Another thing, why do they want to like you know..just stand there in the dark looking at you not saying anything?
It seems all the efforts of a "ghost" are really just to scare you or cause stress aside from a few cases I have heard of.

Anyway Star & flag for a good question.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
thank you for the replies,but they DID make two very scary movies out of all of this and it shook me. i even heard some on the web and they were nasty. where are the good ones?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I guess the spirits in EVP are often lost and confused.. therefor angry or sad

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
cheers for the flag. we need a FUN EVP BRIGADE .

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
They always seem to say sad or scary stuff, like either "get out!" or "help me" or a little child saying "Mommy?"
Even if they are laughing, it is a creepy laugh. I heard one of someone whistling, and the whistle had this haunting sound to it. Even those that seem happy seem creepy.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
SEE....now im freaking out. why are they all horrid ?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ghosts are scary because we dont like surprises or the notion of unknown beings. Very rarely is a ghost actively engaging in negative activity and rarely are they even a conscious entity.

In my studies of ghosts, the area surrounding 'haunting' has copied or projected the event and is looping the behaviors, emotions and energetic signatures of what was released - chances are the spirit is not even there.

vocals are a form of energy that is released, and can possibly be embedded in the area of release and later replayed to some degree. The powerful energetic nature of a human being expressing things like "I HATE YOU!!!" or "Im so sad...." or how about "I love you so much!"

Stone containing high crystal and silica content seems to be responsible for a majority of these occurrences so very rarely will you see a wooden house that is 'haunted'

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Perhaps they see us as ghosts in the realm that they are in ?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
In all my experience working with dying or lost souls - Most of the time they dont even realize they are dead.

Lost souls have never come at me thinking im a robber in their home, on the contrary as soon as you remind them they are dead and offer them a hint as to where to go they will remember...ah yes...I'm not supposed to be here.

Some of them will not go, some will remain if for instance loved ones are hanging on, or if they are hanging onto loves ones this is very common for mothers who worry about their children "NO! My babies need me!" Actually Miss, your babies are 43 and 41 years old, they are quite fine.

In all psychopomp you will encounter a lot of different beings, this is why we recommend never doing any type of work with the dying alone (Yes, lost souls are not dead, they are stuck in the process of dying)

There are other things that lurk along the river banks of the otherworld with the lost souls which I dont recommend anyone pestering them without proper training

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

I wouldn't call this a "happy" EVP, but I watched an episode of Animal Planet's "The Haunted" last night, in which, there was at least a helpful EVP. The investigators were using a tool called a "ghost box" (it's OK -- you can snicker. I did too, when I heard the name). The box supposedly generates a continual stream of white noise that the spirits can manipulate into words. In this episode, the EVP warned the family that 1) something would happen to their dogs 2) there would be a fire, and 3) there would be a burglary during which someone would be killed. All of these things happened sequentially, not too long after the warning. The episode is "THE GHOST BOX PROPHECIES," and it's described on this page. Ghost Box Prophesies

As for happy, what ever happened to Caspar?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
Really, i mean this. if we accept that EVPS are an actual recording of 'spirits' from the 'other side,then why are they universally so dark and scary? it doesnt make me pleased to embrace an after life that is so seemingly full of dread and eternal misery.so i ask.

1,why are they mostly scary?
2,are there happy ones?
3,what is it about the 'other side' that makes 'spirits' so haunted?
4,can we change all of this.

i DEMAND bliss!

Thing is many of these so called spiritualists are charlatans that prey on people.
It is just plain wrong that one can be over taken by so called bad spirits
The evil lays with those who fool others to believe in their lies
edit on 19-10-2010 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think that like everything else we are scared of it because we don't understand it. EVP recordings are probably the only thing that actually freaks me out and i think it's because they seem harder to debunk than crappy pictures of 'orbs'.

I also did read a story about a family that had a friendly ghost in their home that would interact with them and there guests. All try to find it. I believe there were a number of EVPs that were fairly upbeat.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Raustin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Ghosts are scary because we dont like surprises or the notion of unknown beings. Very rarely is a ghost actively engaging in negative activity and rarely are they even a conscious entity.

In my studies of ghosts, the area surrounding 'haunting' has copied or projected the event and is looping the behaviors, emotions and energetic signatures of what was released - chances are the spirit is not even there.

vocals are a form of energy that is released, and can possibly be embedded in the area of release and later replayed to some degree. The powerful energetic nature of a human being expressing things like "I HATE YOU!!!" or "Im so sad...." or how about "I love you so much!"

Stone containing high crystal and silica content seems to be responsible for a majority of these occurrences so very rarely will you see a wooden house that is 'haunted'

Not to argue with you in any way, because we all come to our own conclusions ( i hope), but i totally disagree with you. In my experience, the existence of a 'residual haunting' is a load of bull.

If a spirit repeats its menial tasks repeatedly, its because its either forced to do so, or it WANTS to do so.

If a spirit dosn't communicate with you, it either can't hear or see you, just as we cannot hear or see them, or it's ignoring you. Why is it impossible for an entity to walk by without acknowledging an alternate dimension?

Playing a rock like a spiritual tape recorder is an idea that dosn't hold much weight, but sounds real cool and makes the narcissist feel better about being 'ignored' by the spirit world.

However, i do support the claim that certain earth elements do contain an electro magnetic field or properties which make it EASIER for the veil to be lifted.

Just my opinion based on experience.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

i don't know how to tell you that you're wrong without angering you...

you're wrong....

Evil is real, and is not a metaphor used to describe bad feelings....

Possession is real, and is not a metaphor used to describe evil thoughts....

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think its human nature to be afraid of the unknown. We are afraid of spirits, death, aliens, governments, etc. If we knew more about these things we would not be so frightened.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
IMHO - EVP's are nothing to take seriously.

Crackle crackle Crackle..ohhooooohhhcrackle crackle...ohhimmmm...Gonnaget youuhooohhoo aoaa crackle.

*holds up a hand* Spare me this dribble

Spirit speaks to us through our minds and hearts - not through recordings of static.

We make them scary through dramatization
edit on 19-10-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

I agree with you.. those EVP's from people who are trying to get them and they are all faint and barely distinguishable as anything are bs.. but..when I was 14 I recorded one accidently while trying to get a copy of Rock me Amadeus from American Top 40.. it was the 12 inch version and was the first time I had heard it. I loved it so much I rewound it as soon as it finished to listen to it again and got a shock about 32 seconds into the song it broke away totally to the sound of wind blowing and a very disturbing voice saying meeeeeeeeeeeee then the wind again then right back into the song. Back then.. we didn't know what an EVP was and had no idea where that whole thing came from.. so we called the radio station and asked them about it.. they had no idea what we were talking about and said that there was no chance of crossover signal because they pretty much owned the dial in that area.. we lived in a rural area and there were very few stations available to begin with. we played it back for them to show them what we were talking about and they said it was creepy and that they could offer us no explanation for it. My mother and Uncle (who lived in the basement apartment of our house) were both extremely paranoid about this recording and did not want me to have it. As much as it frightened me I could not bring myself to destroy it as they suggested I should do. My uncle gave the recording to a friend of his that was into audio stuff to analyze and he drew a blank as well.. it became a bit of a thing among my friends to make me play it. Then one day I came home and went to play it.. and there was nothing.. no song.. nothing. I confronted my mother and my uncle and my uncle admitted to erasing not just the song but the whole tape to "protect me" from what he and my mother perceived to be a threat. I never really forgave him for it, but there was nothing I could do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join