It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the ACLU read!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You know the aclu, needs to read a little before opening its communist mouth!!!! The first ammendment states clearly that, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free excercise thereof;" does anyone else think this is crap what they are trying to do or what?????

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The ACLU does not care for the Constitution, in fact I think they cerimoniously eat it every time they have "get-togethers".

The "establishment clause" of the US Constitution states that the US Congress can not establish a religion.

It says nothing about States.

In fact until 1833 numerous states had established religions, Massachussetts had established Catholicism as the religion of that state, in 1833 it of its own free-will disestablished that religion and was the last state to do so. The Federal Government had no say in the matter.

The ACLU now (because most of them are Atheist bastards who should have their testicals flayed) are on some holy quest to revise history and make it seem like out founding fathers wanted religion shoved under a carpet.

Whenever an ACLU big-mouth opens his fat-mouth and says "seperation of Church and State" I just say that the states had established religions until 1833 and that big-mouth should just shove that little fact in his face.

Clearly the States would only ratify the US Constitution (creating a federal government) if they had a Bill of Rights that protected the rights they wanted to preserve for themselves.

One of those rights was to establish whatever religion that State wanted, not having the Federal Government establish a religion that that State did not want.

That is one (but not the only) reason for the Establishment clause.

Most certainly the Founders never intended to sweep religion under a rug when they wrote that clause, but the ACLU would like you to think so.

Beat-up your local ACLU chapter today.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orangemonkey
You know the aclu, needs to read a little before opening its communist mouth!!!! The first ammendment states clearly that, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free excercise thereof;" does anyone else think this is crap what they are trying to do or what?????

What are they trying to do? I think you left out the topic.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
oh sorry ,i thought everyone was up on todays news, removing the cross from california state seal.

top topics

join