It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Obama Scapegoat For The Economy, History Repeats Itself, Hitler Did It To The Jews?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

While I certainly agree American citizens will be scapegoated I'm not listening to that crap.

Especially from some suit hiding behind a podium who has never done a real days worth of work.

I am a leader from the trenches, down and in the heat of battle, leadership is about leading.

Not pointing across a group of media-whores to a map and getting air time for sound bytes.

Boots in the sand or butts behind a desk?

Sadly, this is the type of idiotic leadership America has, not what it actually deserves.

Predatory lending practices sure does lead the way with why our country is in the crapper.

Keep getting credit card applications, keep getting extended more credit, and keep piling up your bills.

Chase Bank collaboration with the Nazis Part One

Is it any wonder why we are supposed to Chase Freedom through credit cards and cash back programs?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3876d8b88718.jpg[/atsimg]

And why all of this is so deeply dug into conspiracy, collusion, and crimes of those involved?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

As always my friend superb stuff! The Scapegoat is a tough dilemma; however, I firmly believe that the scapegoat will be us, the American people. And in essence it is truly our fault. Right before our eyes we are watching and just WAITING for something to happen. But sadly nothing will. Because there is no motivation and no perceived necessity for something to happen in the eyes of everyday Americans. The dominoes have already begun to fall, the problem that arises how far will the last Domino Fall?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Disturbing as Hell if you ask me.

If it is of course true to begin with.

Not citing you, On the Edge, but the source.

I was not in Germany to listen to the speech.

And I take other sites like blogs, Alex Jones, and any other conspiracy theory site with a grain of salt.

At least when MSNBC, CNN, or Fox News lies, I know to expect it, and I can decipher it easily enough.

Us in the conspiracy theory community need a way to vetting our information more.

Not to disparage any contributors but I want the facts not directed propaganda from a conspiracy theorist.

You know, slanting it the opposite way, if the news is left-wing, the conspiracy theorist swings right-wing to explain.

This is why I go to the middle ground and stay there and let others decide themselves.

If we're looking left or right then what is directly in front of you is sometimes missed completely.

You added plenty and it sure is food for thought and I thank you for the compliment as well as the contributions.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

It is at that, a very frustrating quagmire, something we're not supposed to know.

I do see a disturbing pattern where we're going to be blamed.

Unfortunately, I see it as being segmented, smaller groups in bite size pieces.

And when we become the scapegoat our rights will be null and void without a way to redress our grievances.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying.

One could probably find the sources to back it up,from the book it is an exerpt from,and go from there.

Food for thought.

Keep up the great work,and may God bless you!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That is a good question posed by the OP. You can see one potential scapegoat right now with the dead beat borrower meme going on with "foreclosuregate". Though there is plenty of blame to go to those who either greedily bought or were conviced to buy more house than they could afford, that entire line of inquiry is a sideshow to the frauds that were commited by the securitzers against the investors in MBS.

I think I'll briefly hit two other potential scapegoats before retiring for the night.

Bankers: (I can dream can't I)

Illegal Immigrants: Immigrants have always been convenient scapegoats, even in the US. The number of Illegals we have here make a tempting target for those willing to demagouge it.

edit on 18-10-2010 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I honestly don't think Obama can scapegoat a particular group, because he previously ran his Presidential campaign by blaming the economy and all the other ills of the nation on his predecessor George W. Bush.

So he would pretty much have a huge credibility problem if he were to try.

Smart people would ask, was he lying when he blamed it all on Bush's policies, or was he really that poorly informed.

Either way it's not going to make him like very credible or very well informed with the more intelligent person.

Personally I think Obama himself is going to be a class A scapegoat when his time comes.

We don't really hear to much of him. I like that. Maybe if we are lucky he will just go away!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It will be interesting to watch which way the wind will blow here (Obama and the blame game) since his call from the beginning was to "work together across party lines" to do the jobs the people elected them to do, yadda yadda. If there is going to be blame laid, I see it laid all around and a pretty evenly across just about every group. But remember, "the buck stops" with Obama, according to Obama, and he has said he would rather be a very good one-term President and accomplish that which he wants to do and if that means risking a second term, so be it, more yadda yadda... It seems that his words in the past have set him up to take either route, when the time comes.

Great thread.
S/F

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I agree that there have been multiple triggers that have led to the situation we currently find ourselves in from the repeal of Glass/Steagall to the signing of NAFTA and continuing on to awarding China with permanent most favored trading status. All done during the Clinton administration while congress was under "republican" control. (doesn't excuse him for signing them into law.)

I voted for Clinton and was greatly disappointed when these legislative initiatives were enacted into law. At the time I voted for him, I didn't realize that one of his middle names was Rockefeller, (my bad) which pretty much explains it all.

IMO, it's not the political party that is the culprit but rather it's "Corporate Mentality" that is bringing us down and so long as we allow those of this mentality to have unlimited access to our political representatives, via paid lobbyist and unlimited campaign contributions, we should expect more of the same.

Corporations, much like religion, have no place in a government that is supposed to be "Of, By & For" it's people. This is because neither of them are people, but rather they are strategies. One is a strategy for the control of people and the other is a strategy to generate unlimited profits. Neither one is the product of a live birth and neither one has the best interest of "ALL" at heart.

In a thread I previously started entitled, "What Would You Do To Rescue The American Middle Class," www.abovetopsecret.com...
I outlined several steps that I believe would be useful in restoring america to her glory days and I'm sure there are numerous other steps that should be taken if there were just the political will to do so.

I'm convinced that it's not too late and we have not reached the point of no return, although we are close. We must return our government to performing functions that will protect the well being of it's "people" and preserve our standard of living for future generations. We are currently allowing the corporate powers that be to utilize the lower standard of living in foreign nations to bring down that of our own and this has to stop, and it has to stop now!

We need legislation to reverse the effects of the 'Citizens United" supreme court ruling, like yesterday! Our government is currently for sale to the highest bidder and the highest bidder seems to be multi national corporations and special interest groups. I touched on this process in another thread entitled, "The Outsourcing Of Democracy, www.abovetopsecret.com... Corporations have become so comfortable with the process of outsourcing that they are now applying it to our politics.

A better label for those right wing corporatist is "Cheap Labor Conservatives" as explained in this portion of a blog entitled "Right Wing Ideology In A Nutshell."

Right-Wing Ideology In A Nutshell

When you cut right through it, right-wing ideology is just "dime-store economics" – intended to dress their ideology up and make it look respectable. You don't really need to know much about economics to understand it. They certainly don't. It all gets down to two simple words.

"Cheap labor". That's their whole philosophy in a nutshell – which gives you a short and pithy "catch phrase" that describes them perfectly. You've heard of "big-government liberals". Well they're "cheap-labor conservatives".

"Cheap-labor conservative" is a moniker they will never shake, and never live down. Because it's exactly what they are. You see, cheap-labor conservatives are defenders of corporate America – whose fortunes depend on labor. The larger the labor supply, the cheaper it is. The more desperately you need a job, the cheaper you'll work, and the more power those "corporate lords" have over you. If you are a wealthy elite – or a "wannabe" like most dittoheads – your wealth, power and privilege is enhanced by a labor pool, forced to work cheap.

Don't believe me. Well, let's apply this principle, and see how many right-wing positions become instantly understandable.

Cheap-labor conservatives don't like social spending or our "safety net". Why. Because when you're unemployed and desperate, corporations can pay you whatever they feel like – which is inevitably next to nothing. You see, they want you "over a barrel" and in a position to "work cheap or starve".
Cheap-labor conservatives don't like the minimum wage, or other improvements in wages and working conditions. Why. These reforms undo all of their efforts to keep you "over a barrel".
Cheap-labor conservatives like "free trade", NAFTA, GATT, etc. Why. Because there is a huge supply of desperately poor people in the third world, who are "over a barrel", and will work cheap.
Cheap-labor conservatives oppose a woman's right to choose. Why. Unwanted children are an economic burden that put poor women "over a barrel", forcing them to work cheap.
Cheap-labor conservatives don't like unions. Why. Because when labor "sticks together", wages go up. That's why workers unionize. Seems workers don't like being "over a barrel".
Cheap-labor conservatives constantly bray about "morality", "virtue", "respect for authority", "hard work" and other "values". Why. So they can blame your being "over a barrel" on your own "immorality", lack of "values" and "poor choices".
Cheap-labor conservatives encourage racism, misogyny, homophobia and other forms of bigotry. Why? Bigotry among wage earners distracts them, and keeps them from recognizing their common interests as wage earners.

It's time for the working people in America to wake up and "Pay Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain" because just like in "The Wizard Of Oz," he is feeding us a line of garbage. By the way, the man behind the curtain is a corporate CEO.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You ever stop to think that Obama IS the scapegoat for all this crap going on?

What better for the PTB to have a guy whose in power, who seems perfect from his speeches and his "policies" yet once day he's thrown out of office by the population, but on trial in the public and everything that goes with that.

It would be very perfect, they could then put up whoever they wanted cause they got the big bad guy, in this case Obama.

People right now, need to feel like they are making a difference and are removing the "bad apples" from the government.

I could see them use Obama as a means to give people that false sense of nationalism and participation.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Of course.

I hope I did not come across as offensive as that was not my intent.

Digging deep is something I do when investigating conspiracies.

I can definitely see where you're coming from and appreciate any input.

Anything which assists in giving a diverse perspective only adds a wealth of information.

It is sifting through it and challenging our own assumptions and remaining evenly skeptical which assists in not misleading ourselves in our search for knowledge, especially when it comes to covert maneuvers of the banking world and in their manipulation of the Stock Market in regards to our retirements, and the alleged "Bailing Out" of Corporate America.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

This is of course due to the predatory lending practices of bankers across the board.

It is not one nationality over another, it is all of them, and within the middle is of course where we are.

The banking industry as well as the Secret Societies and branches of Government all feud all the time.

This is when and where we get caught in the "crossfire" of these petty and childish games these idiots play.

Personally, they need to grow up, and realize there is more to power than pure selfish greed and stupidity.

I have zero respect for the people playing these games with our American economy.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have a feeling that the man is intentionally tanking the economy through orders from above.

Whether he is scapegoated or not is yet to be seen but I have no doubt he could be.

Just as I have no doubt all of us in America could be as well through ignorant banking practices.

As I said in the original post, Bush started this nonsense, Obama is just finishing up behind him.

The reason for intentionally committing treason against America is obvious for Obama.

He was given orders to destroy our last vestiges of freedom through destroying our Constitutional Rights.

Everything will be linked back to stupid policy moves, ignorant choices, and foul leadership techniques.

From Clinton, to Bush, to Obama and onward these men are destroying our country through policy.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I have zero interest in hearing Obama claiming one good term over two bad ones.

I do not want him to finish the current term but pack up his baggage and leave the White House.

He is a disgrace to leadership and the only worse President was Bush before him trying to destroy the Constitution.

Bush really tried and failed because America citizens were vigilant even if not the whole of the country.

The Militia's saved our collective bacon from the bonfire of ignorance surrounding terrorism as a threat.

Not the Intelligence Agencies, not the Law Enforcement Agencies, not the Supreme Court, nor the White House.

But patriotic citizens willing to defend our country against all enemies foreign and domestic.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Aren't the Mexicans kind of a scapegoat right now?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I hope I did not come across as offensive as that was not my intent.

You didn't,not in the least! I appreciate your thoroughly wanting to get your facts straight.
If I can track down more proof of those statements,I will be glad to come back with verification.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If he's smart he won't "scape goat" anyone. He will properly point out that every republican president since Reagan has bloated the debt and that the only president to end his term with a surplus was a democrat. That republicans have lead us into all of the majors wars of the past 30 years and done so by bypassing congresses constitutional mandate to approve the act of making war on more than one occasion.

He would properly point out that it has been predominately republican policies that have unleashed the nasty side of capitalism on the middle and lower class and that his bailout has nearly paid for itself. That his efforts to stabilize the economy are not and will never be perfect, but that he has the will to make the tough decisions that he and his team feel are needed to stop the bleeding that was started on the watch of a republican president.

He has made some serious missteps, but going back to deregulated markets and tax cuts for wealth individuals and constantly increasing military spending is a recipe we have already tried. It created pseudo-wealth for the nation and after we had finished cladding ourselves in gold we took a look at the bill and wondered how we were going to pay for it all.

My conservative count, including just social security and admitted debt (which seems to be based on cash accounting) is 67 trillion over the next 20 years. That's without interest on the current debt and without interest on the post 2016 short fall on social security. That also does NOT include the 9% per year that we already go over budget. According to the IMF's most recent study we need to reduce spending by 14.5% just to stop adding to the cash debt.. until 2016 when social security payouts begin to require the government to borrow to keep up.

Obama has literally only done what has to be done to try and avoid 0% or negative growth in the national economy.

I'm not fond of his presidency, but I am down right terrified of the usual republican BS.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It seems that the President considers our nation something to divert away from its origins in protecting our interests.

No matter which particular President you want to put into the slot the same principle holds true.

When Clinton passed N.A.F.T.A. I wondered why the Hell he just essentially slit our throats through destabilization.

Quote from : Wikipedia : North American Free Trade Agreement

The North American Free Trade Agreement or NAFTA is an agreement signed by the governments of Canada, Mexico, and the United States, creating a trilateral trade bloc in North America.

The agreement came into force on January 1, 1994. It superseded the Canada-United States Free Trade Agreement between the U.S. and Canada.

In terms of combined purchasing power parity GDP of its members, as of 2007 the trade bloc is the largest in the world and second largest by nominal GDP comparison.

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) has two supplements, the North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation (NAAEC) and the North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation (NAALC).

By destabilizing the American workforce he only made other countries richer, corporations richer, and made less money in our pockets due to ignorant policy, because there is nothing that the Trans-Texas Corridor will do for America, because it pushes money outside of our Treasury, and screws our populace by people being put out or work.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Trans-Texas Corridor

The Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC) is a transportation network in the planning and early construction stages in the U.S. State of Texas.

The network, as originally envisioned, would be composed of a 4,000-mile (6,400 km) network of supercorridors up to 1,200 feet (370 m) wide to carry parallel links of tollways, rails, and utility lines.

It is intended to route long-distance traffic around population centers, and to provide stable corridors for future infrastructure improvements–such as new power lines from wind farms in West Texas to the cities in the east–without the otherwise often lengthy administrative and legal procedures required to build on privately owned land.

The tollway portion would be divided into two separate elements: truck lanes and lanes for passenger vehicles.

Similarly, the rail lines in the corridor would be divided among freight, commuter, and high-speed rail.

The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) intends to "charge public and private concerns for utility, commodity or data transmission" within the corridor, in essence making a toll road for services such as water, electricity, natural gas, petroleum, fiber optic lines, and other telecommunications services.

The network would have been funded by private investors and built and expanded as demand warrants.

In 2009, TxDOT decided to phase out the all-in-one corridor concept in favor of developing separate rights-of-way for road, rail, and other infrastructure using more traditional corridor widths for those modes.

In 2010, official decision of "no action" was issued by the Federal Highway Administration, formally ending the project.

The action eliminated the study area and canceled the agreement between TxDOT and Cintra Zachry.

Whether it is officially ended or not the project was started and made many people upset as Hell about it.

Kathie Glass at Nullify Now in Fort Worth - Sep 4, 2010

The video is rather poor quality but you can still listen to it and comprehend the message.

Through N.A.F.T.A. and the Trans-Texas Corridor through digital network was being placed for the cashless societies needs more so than is already present through the Internet, credit cards, and the E.B.T. Welfare System, and this was an is still a direct threat to American citizens interests who are generally clueless as to how this is detrimental to their freedoms.

Personally, I'm not interested in saving the middle class, it is the lower class income, the truly poor I am concerned for.

Thes are the people who when given little to no choice will commit crime, go after the middle class for having more, even though the middle class will almost be where the lower class income populace used to be, because they are starving to death.

As much as the 3rd World countries have been devastated for a long time they are of no interest to our nation, except as a tax write-off through financial aid, and political maneuverings in Washington D.C. and the State Department to the United Nations.

If those passing legislation truly gave a damn about America they would quit outsourcing jobs, they would cease giving tax benefits to corporations to do business outside of America, and as well they would bolster the American working class.

But unfortunately these selfish bastards are getting to much money to destabilize their own economy to sell debt to China.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No, I do not see Obama as being the scapegoat, I see him making terrible policy decisions, period.

You do not bail out banks who have trillions of dollars or the automobile industry who has trillions stashed away in research and development funds, you bail out small businesses, the Mom and Pop industry, so they do not fold up shop and close their doors forever, because the current policy practices of Obama is not only guaranteeing that small business cannot stay open, but that they will sell to large corporations looking to expand their conglomerate interests.

His speeches say a whole lot of nothing, fluff, rhetoric that not only says nothing but leaves him free to lie.

Could he later be scapegoated?

Sure.

CA City Seeks Resignation of High-paid Officials

If only more citizens had the balls to do what Bell, California is doing right now with their corrupt officials.

Obama is a flat-out liar about wanting to see volunteerism and nationalism rise in America.

His interest is merely in making a name for himself through policies he has no intention of backing up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join