It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland Clinic vs. Micki D's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We all know that McDonalds burgers are indestructible and can last till the cows that make 'em come home...but did ya know that they have taken up residence in many hospitals and clinics across the country? They lease space and target patients and staff alike with their unhealthy foods.

Cleveland Clinic chief of staff has had something to say about it...and because McDonalds is owned by a black man...of course the race card must be pulled. Sad that those who could make a difference feel that money is more important than healthy humans.

link: www.naturalnews.com...

what are y'all's thoughts on FF being served in hospital lobby restraunts? Is it right to pull the race card to take focus off the real problem...

enjoy reading your comments..

~holly

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

My opinion is .... I'm tired of hearing BS about McDonalds and fast food. YOU have a choice whether or not to eat it. As far as hospitals go? They can serve fast food or home cooked meals. Either way, it'll be crap.

Really...what's the difference between serving a hamburger and fries or serving pancakes, syrup and orange juice?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

The latter would at least have some nutrients

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Neither one of ya read the link, did ya? True, everyone has the right to choose how to commit suicide with what they eat...but by the same token...if you read the link, you would see that a bit more is at stake here, not just FF bashing as you put it. Give it a try, reading that is...

thanks for looking.

~holly

ETA: yep, pancakes and oj do have more food value.

edit on 17-10-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Stop that. Ground beef and potatoes have nutrients too.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

couldn't agree more. Hospitals are supposed to be places of health and healing, and to have restaurants serving saturated fats

That's where I stopped reading. Some idiots, especially from Natural News, shouldn't be writing health articles until they learn a little about nutrition.

YOU are the only person that makes the decision to eat McDonalds.

And can you tell me why nobody is pissed that there are Starbucks in hospitals? What about the gift shops with truck loads of candy?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Not when they are loaded with salt and chemicals. Just for fun, I went us McD's nutrition calculator. A burger, fries, drink, and yogurt (to add some nutrition), equal 1490 calories. One meal. If people want to eat the non-food fine, but it should be nowhere near a hospital.

The staff want to eat that crap? They should walk or drive to get it on their breaks.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Regardless of caloric quantity, there are plenty of nutrients in a mcdonalds happy meal (compared to pancakes and orange juice).
edit on 17-10-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's totally indicative of our society... thos same Doctors and hospitals also spew forth extreme amounts of unsafe pharmaceuticals, effectively "pushing" for the industry. What ever happened to: "first do no harm"

people are getting so lazy they cant even prepare a reasonable sack lunch and take it to work. And no there are very few nutrients in a a freaking Mc Ds meal, come on man, this isnt a ribeye steak their serving with a potato and broccoli.

A few of the comments made thus far show an abysmal understanding of nutrition.

I find it remarkable that they are playing the race card on this one, that is ludicrous. They are really reaching tracking the ownership of the franchise on this one, when its a matter of good nutritional common sense being raised by one of thier own Docs.

Yes its purely monetary Im sure theres a sales volume incentive for the Hospital as a kickback.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Seriously, you have got to be kidding...so you are saying you would allow your child to eat that garbage? Just regurgitating the stupid fda side panel on your sack of big macs doesnt really cover the actual nutrition delivered...sigh, the uninformed kill themselves.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Perhaps the fast food industry needs to take the same perp-walk as did the tobacco industry.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

You should be careful putting words into people's mouths....errr posts. I avoid it as much as possible and I certainly wouldn't feed it to my kids.

But I would rather feed my kids a double cheese burger from McDonalds than pancakes and orange juice....ANYDAY.
edit on 18-10-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Stop that. Ground beef and potatoes have nutrients too.

LOL you think you get potato's and ground beef, like your mom would've recognised, at McD's, try chemicals and metals, the shelf life is far more important to McD's than anything as trifling as nutrition.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

What's wrong with orange juice? Put an egg or two beside the pancakes and you have a very nutritious breakfast.
edit on 18-10-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

ETA: Since you don't seem concerned with calories, I went back and punched that same meal into the calculator. It contains 58 grams of fat (89% of the daily recommended intake) and 1550 mg of salt (depending on age, this equals or exceeds the daily intake).

Yes, pancakes have carbs, but as part of a meal, they are nutritious. Orange juice is also very nutritious.
edit on 18-10-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

A brief overview of mycology might be needed for you.

Fungi can hydrolyze polycarbonate and rocket fuel. This is nothing more than a sensationalist bashing of a corporate giant. These kinds of stories play into consumer ignorance.

Put this meal in a plastic bag in which there will be ample water activity and there is no doubt that microbes would devour a happy meal. You have to remember, fruits and vegetables have plenty of water in them, as well inoculum growing inside of them.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
it trips me out to see these people going around mcDs threads defending McDonald's. Let's just go ahead and defend BP too, i mean you want fuel in your car right? lets also defend GM, The US govt while we at it. oh, yeah, lets defend people's greedy nature too. Hey! you wanted to LIVE, you could just die and not suffer from life right?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Orange juice? Sugar. And you're telling me that adding eggs to a meal of pancakes (starch) and syrup (sugar) is healthy?

Let me show you what's wrong with this....

2 Pancakes w/ Butter and Syrup: 520 Cal
- 14g of fat
- 90g of carbohydrate
- 8g of protein

2 cup of Orange Juice: 220 Cal
- 1g of fat
- 50g of carbohydrate
- 2g of protein

So...without the eggs, we have a total of 740 calories, 140g (420 cal) of which are carbohydrate. 'Nuff said.
edit on 18-10-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
While I haven't read the article either (
), I think it's just as aggravating to see unhealthy snack dispensers in schools as it is McDonalds in hospitals. Even while adults have an informed choice, most kids have name-recognition of that particular restaurant by age three. If they associate McDonalds with hospitals, then they'll want to make many trips there, or at least they won't complain. It seems more than dangerous food-vendors flocking together with dangerous medicine now. If kids get to eat out (at the only restaurant they really know about) every time they go to the hospital, it makes for a very positive impression about hospitals later in life.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Northwarden because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

McDonald's is owned by a black man?

Hardly. McDonald's is owned by share holders. As of 2004 (the most recent article I could find), the CEO is white.

CNNMoney Article on 'New' CEO

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I think they were referring to that particular location.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join