It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of hearing 100% proof, undebunkable, absolute evidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ya me too. Very few things if anything at all is ever 100% proof so stop saying it. Reading so many of these overeacting threads leads me to believe the majority of arguments on them is related to the fact the poster said "This is 100% proof undeniable evidence!".
In other topics that are on the same issues, but do not make such grandious claims, I have noticed more healthy and rational debates instead of flame wars.

Stop saying undeniable 100% proof and I think much of the pompous bickering going on lately will stop as a result. Healthy skeptism is absolutly nessesary just as healthy parania is as well.
edit on 17-10-2010 by TheKnave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKnave

YEah Absolute proof has yet to find it's way onto ATS as definitive and nothing so far ha been truly ground breaking.
That being said, I hate being a backseat moderator...
But shouldn't this be in Rants on BTS?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Gravity is still not fully proven yet (well, beyond the effects)..so it is amusing when someone claims they have 100% proof.

Typically, when I see those threads, before clicking on em, I simply flip on the TV and see if the news is ablaze with this new discovery...so far, nope...then I read the nonsense about how since something cannot be fully disproven, it must be true.

Yes, UFO researchers are the skeptics, the people demanding belief and such are actually the disinfo around here that want to smash the field into ridicule. best to ignore them (unfortunately they won't go away)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thats true.
Of course this is the problem with getting 100% ones reference material from Youtube.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKnave

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Absolutely true 100%.

The title often sets the tone for discussion and what a difference a title can make. I often question if people honestly think their alleged proof is actually proof or if people honestly don't know the definitions of words and just throw them around.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well heres what happens.

Someone trys so hard to support/promote their own beliefs that they over-exaggerate statements/quotes/situations in order to get people to follow them or for personal attention. This for obvious reasons can result in dis-information/distorted details and hurt the overall cause of ATS.

S+F
edit on 10/15/10 by Elsek because: S+F

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That, and thread titles saying that there is "zero" evidence.

But yeah, I've definitely thought the same from time to time. I don't think the title of the thread is really all that important, though. It's the content that matters.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Look to your right and you will see I have not been here long...

But in my short but sweet time here, I have been witness to a plethora of threads proclaiming absolute proof of this or that...

and...

In that same time I have seen many threads argueing the exact same point that this OP is making...

but..

I have a feeling no matter how many of these threads are posted, every month there will be another wave of the same...

You see, the ones claiming absolute proof Usually get bored of trying to convert skeptics..

and...

those who post threads such as this one eventually recognize that no matter how much you protest the constant onslaught of "new" members who have recently " awoken" will insure this repetative cycle..such is the nature of the beast we call ATS.

We can only hope that the people who matter..

US,

The Readership...

are in fact denying ignorance....

~meathead

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Gravity isn't proven yet (beyond its effects)?

Gravity is nothing BUT the effects... The mechanism causing it doesn't really matter.

That's like saying the weak force doesnt exist because there is proof that it's combined with the weak force. Or like saying the strong force doesn't really exist because it's an affect of the "color-force" binding quarks in baryons like protons or neutrons.

For the past 50 years, basically all physicists have a hunch that ALL of the forces can be reduced to one super-force.. They just can't prove it yet. That's why they are searching for the grand unified theory... that's what that means... a unified force.

So when/if they do find a unified theory, will you then say that NONE of the forces are "real" except the super-force, which you don't actually ever measure directly? NO. That's ignorant.

Each of the 4 forces still have their own properties, ranges, and strengths, despite being linked together somehow.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
to find out was causes gravity you have to find what every little thing that is affected by gravity have in common and then find what on or in the earth is attracted to it. it has to be sub-molecular and has to be missing from compounds like helium which seem to have the ability to counteract the affects of gravity. maybe an outside pressure from space is actually forcing us down instead of the conventual view that gravity is holding us down like a magnet preventing us from floating up. it could be gravity has nothing to do with the earth and is actually a force originating from the sun and amplified by the composition of our atmosphere. different planets have different atmospheres therefore gravity is different throughout the solar system.
edit on 17-10-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
In that same time I have seen many threads argueing the exact same point that this OP is making...

top topics

join