It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post Explodes Myths about Palin (that's right....)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What an odd list.
Were those really myths that need to be exploded?

- Lee

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valntyne
Don't you guys realize none of them care? Not Obama, not Palin, not McCain, definately Not G.Dubya, none of these upper class power hungry greedy bastards? All they want is to grab power for a couple of years so they can pave the money road for their corporate buddies who gave them the cash to become POTUS in the first place. It's not about Dem or Rep they're all the same because they're all getting their pockets lined from the same place. We need to stop this Partisan in-fighting because in the End, they don't really care if your an elephant or a donkey, they care abot making Money and screwing anybody and everybody in their way. And while we "The People" are here debating the given merits of people we have never known until they appear on the campaign trail, why do we put so much trust in their words? Why we fight so much between us for people who dont give two flying copulations for any of us? When will we realized the simple fact that they just don't care.
Valntyne's post is the most relevant post that I've seen on this thread.... Until the real problems that are well spelled out by him and have been by other on ATS as well have been dealt with there is no reason whatsoever to debate as to who is the better candidate..... We the people will never have a representative democracy as long as all of the candidates have the stamp of approval from the corporate elitist that make the choice as to who gets to run for office.... I doubt that the country was any more divided during the Civil War than it is right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
So I asked, other people asked, it was asked.

Why is Palin not a complete and utter moron? Why is Palin worthy of any office?

Good Lord, how many times do people have to answer you.
Are you not reading posts or are you purposefully being disingenuous? I guess you could also have a reading comprehension problem in which case I understand why you don't get it.

The post I made on the first or second page explains some of her accomplishments while governor of Alaska. Is that not good enough for you? Must she have "community organizer" on her resume in order for you to think she accomplished something.

All the Palin supporters in this thread have posted again at least once. It has been many hours and many posts.
NONE OF YOU COULD DO IT!

See above statement.

Posters have told you plenty but you refuse to either read and understand the posts or you are just being a troll because people, including myself, have given you plenty of answers. Typical
You might also have selective reading comprehension. Anytime you read a answer your brain forgets what you just read.

Why is Palin fit for office?
"Michelle Obama has too many people working for her."

Wow, this proves you are not reading posts. Why don't you do us all a favor and go back and read the post where you got the quote from. This time, try hard and concentrate on the first 3/4ths of the post. It clearly explains you accomplishments in Alaska. Oh right, I forget again that she has not been a community organizer.

You guys are a riot.

And you guys need to get your head out of the sand and take off your liberal Messiah glasses and stop spewing all the liberal garbage because it does NOT help your case and only shines a light on your apparent brainwashing.

edit on 10/19/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Hmmmm, try something. I know this might be hard. One, get over your obsession with Obama. Talking about Obama will not make Palin fit for office. Talking about Obama will not destroy myths about Palin. Lashing out at people about Obama will not do anything for Palin at all. This is not about Obama, this is about Sarah. If you need to insult Obama in order to pretend Sarah is anything better than she is, you already lost. Take out all the personal attacks and crap about Obama and see what you have left.
edit on 10/19/10 by Curiousisall because: ll

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Hmmmm, try something. I know this might be hard. One, get over your obsession with Obama. Talking about Obama with not make Palin fit for office. Talking about Obama will not destroy myths about Palin. Lashing out at people about Obama will not do anything for Palin at all. This is not about Obama, this is about Sarah. If you need to insult Obama in order to pretend Sarah is anything better than she is, you already lost. Take out all the personal attacks and crap about Obama and see what you have left.

Again, you refuse to comment on Palin's accomplishments as governor of Alaska that I posted.

I guess it does not fit into your little world right? If anyone has an obsession it is you with Palin. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Also, I did not even write the word Obama in my last post so what on Earth are you talking about? Even if I had, it's only to point out your glaring hypocrisy or perhaps ignorance especially since he is your hero.

Of course this is NOT about Obama so why will you NOT comment on Palin's accomplishments instead of only insulting her for no reason.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

And you guys need to get your head out of the sand and take off your liberal Messiah glasses and stop spewing all the liberal garbage because it does NOT help your case and only shines a light on your apparent brainwashing.

Here's how it works.

And you guys need to get your head out of the sand and take off your conservative Messiah [Beck, Rush, Sean, Savage etc] glasses and stop spewing all the conservative garbage because it does NOT help your case and only shines a light on your apparent brainwashing.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
And you guys need to get your head out of the sand and take off your conservative Messiah [Beck, Rush, Sean, Savage etc] glasses and stop spewing all the conservative garbage because it does NOT help your case and only shines a light on your apparent brainwashing.

Is that the best you could come up with?

You just proved my point about being brainwashed as all you can do is parrot what others think and say.

Thanks!!

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

And another poster who cannot or refuses to comment on Palin's accomplishments as governor of Alaska. I understand she does not have "community organizer" on her resume but that should not stop you.

Waiting for the next Palin insult instead of logical debate............3....2...1....

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
K, have it your wat but I gave you a chance.

Good Lord, how many times do people have to answer you.

Once. Just one time finally. You refuse to do it once and complain you did it too much.
K.

Are you not reading posts or are you purposefully being disingenuous?

Clearly I am reading posts. I keep reading posts about other people in this thread about Palin. I keep pointing that out.

I guess you could also have a reading comprehension problem in which case I understand why you don't get it.

Gosh, I guess. Or I suppose that kind of lame personal attack could be exactly what we should expect from people cowering in the corner.

The post I made on the first or second page explains some of her accomplishments while governor of Alaska. Is that not good enough for you? Must she have "community organizer" on her resume in order for you to think she accomplished something.

What does community organizer have to do with anything? Did I ever once compare her to Obama or are you a little obsessed? Yes, she did some things as governor. That was her job...

...before she quit.

Let me guess. You feel you deserve a raise everytime you show up for work on time and do what you were hired to do? So she did some things. How does any of that dispell the myths about her in the OP? You have not even come close to touching that.

SHE DID HER JOB - UNTIL SHE QUIT IT. Wow, give her a medal. Hitler accomplished GREAT THINGS! I suppose he should be brought back to life and elected president just because he did some good things? I believe this thread is about dispelling myths about Palin. Am I wrong? How does your list of parts of her job that she did before she quit it do any of that? Why is it that pressing you on that only gets nonsense about being a community organizer?

No, I am not impressed that she was hired to do a job, did some of it, then quit. Sorry if that does not blow me away like it does you but it does not matter. The thread is about dispelling myths so get to it.

See above statement.

Ditto.

Posters have told you plenty but you refuse to either read and understand the posts or you are just being a troll because people, including myself, have given you plenty of answers. Typical
You might also have selective reading comprehension. Anytime you read a answer your brain forgets what you just read.

Goody, more empty personal attacks. You sure are winning me over. No, no one has given any answers yet. No one has dispelled any myths. No one has explained how she is fit to be president. You can keep telling me that they have all you like but since you cannot quote one person actually dispelling those myths or making the case for Palin as president, it kind of doesn't matter.

Again, Hitler accomplished many great things. Unless that is enough to make him fit to be president of the US, try again.

Wow, this proves you are not reading posts. Why don't you do us all a favor and go back and read the post where you got the quote from. This time, try hard and concentrate on the first 3/4ths of the post. It clearly explains you accomplishments in Alaska. Oh right, I forget again that she has not been a community organizer.

Again with the community organizer? What the hell are you even talking about? Is that really all you have? Palin should be president because Obama was a community organizer? I read the entire post. She did some stuff. She was hired and paid to do some stuff. Wow. Then the post goes on to compare her to the first lady. When did you vote for first lady? I missed that on my ballot.

Uh ok. Liberal garbage? What liberal garbage am I spewing? When did I mention any messiahs? What thread are you reading? Funny how you go on and on about my reading comprehension and most of your post is made up crap no one ever said.

Now you want to try again?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Once. Just one time finally. You refuse to do it once and complain you did it too much.

Just to show your ignorance and since you refuse to comment about her accomplishments as governor, I will make it easy for you. I will hold your hand and ask you to comment on the following:

1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.

2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant.
Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning - I imagine - that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.

5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.

So are you saying that being a community organizer like Obama holds the same weight as her accomplishments as governor? Just saying because you keep saying that Palin does not deserve to be President but she has accomplished more than the current president by 10 fold.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So are you saying that being a community organizer like Obama holds the same weight as her accomplishments as governor? Just saying because you keep saying that Palin does not deserve to be President but she has accomplished more than the current president by 10 fold.

Please try. For someone who keeps trying to knock reading comprehension you sure do need a helping hand. Not one thing in the above post is accurate or even makes any sense. The only thing I said about being a community organizer is that it has nothing to do with anything. Why are you so stuck on Obama? This is not about Obama. I never compared her to Obama. I never compared her to what he accomplished or how qualified he was. I could care less about Obama in the context of this conversation. Why are you so stuck on it? Why do you think saying she is more qualified than Obama is an actual argument? Why can you not just explain what makes her qualified? I am very sorry that you have such an issue with Obama but that will not make Palin a better candidate no matter how much you hate or obsess over Obama.

I never mentioned community organizer, you did. I never said it was worth a damn thing, you did. I never compared her to Obama, you did.

I am really sorry that all you have to do is explain how Palin is qualified to be president and all you can do is talk about Obama being a community organizer.

Look, I got the list the first time. I addressed it. Why repeat it? What is wrong with your reading comprehension?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I am really sorry that all you have to do is explain how Palin is qualified to be president and all you can do is talk about Obama being a community organizer.

OMG!! I posted it for you again and you still refuse to mention or comment on it. **SIGH**
Ok, I'm done talking with you since you refuse to answer any of my questions or comment on Palin's accomplishments as governor.
It's probably due to the fact that it would hurt your own lame argument.

I never mentioned community organizer, you did. I never said it was worth a damn thing, you did. I never compared her to Obama, you did.

I know I did.
What's your point?

The point is how can you say Palin does not deserve to be President when she accomplished 10X more than Obama before he became president since all Obama had on his resume was a "community organizer" as experience. Get it now!!
Geesh!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

OMG!!

Like totally. I no, right? Like lol and stuff.

I posted it for you again and you still refuse to mention or comment on it.

Are you blind?

What does community organizer have to do with anything? Did I ever once compare her to Obama or are you a little obsessed? Yes, she did some things as governor. That was her job...

...before she quit.

Let me guess. You feel you deserve a raise everytime you show up for work on time and do what you were hired to do? So she did some things. How does any of that dispell the myths about her in the OP? You have not even come close to touching that.

SHE DID HER JOB - UNTIL SHE QUIT IT. Wow, give her a medal. Hitler accomplished GREAT THINGS! I suppose he should be brought back to life and elected president just because he did some good things? I believe this thread is about dispelling myths about Palin. Am I wrong? How does your list of parts of her job that she did before she quit it do any of that? Why is it that pressing you on that only gets nonsense about being a community organizer?

No, I am not impressed that she was hired to do a job, did some of it, then quit. Sorry if that does not blow me away like it does you but it does not matter. The thread is about dispelling myths so get to it.

Yes, yes I did comment on it.

**SIGH**
Ok, I'm done talking with you since you refuse to answer any of my questions or comment on Palin's accomplishments as governor.
It's probably due to the fact that it would hurt your own lame argument.

While you were busy commenting on my reading comprehension, you apparently missed the very long post in which I directly addressed you list of "accomplishments" that make her fit to be president. I addressed it. I ADDRESSED IT. You really need to try harder. You try so hard to knock my reading and yet, you just completely ignored when I gave you exactly what you are crying about.
Hillarious!

I know I did.
What's your point?

Talking about Obama does not make Palin smarter. Telling me I am avoiding discussing Palin while you go on about community organizers is a riot.

The point is how can you say Palin does not deserve to be President when she accomplished 10X more than Obama before he became president since all Obama had on his resume was a "community organizer" as experience. Get it now!!
Geesh!!

I got it the first few times. That is why I addressed it. You are too cute. Yes, I know you think she is fit to be president just because you think she is better than Obama. Again, you need to get over Obama. You must also go to work and demand a raise, not for going above and beyond, but by pointing out someone else's lacking.

Why can't you just make the case for Palin? Dispell the myths? Why do you need to talk about Obama? It is not my fault Obama is president and he does nothing to effect Palin's qualifications.

Do you need me to hold your hand now? I addressed your list. Palin had a job and did SOME OF IT. Hitler accomplished 100X what she did. Does that make him fit to be president?
edit on 10/19/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/19/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Also, I did not even write the word Obama in my last post so what on Earth are you talking about? Even if I had, it's only to point out your glaring hypocrisy or perhaps ignorance especially since he is your hero.

Please get some rest. Maybe have a healthy snack. If you ever feel you can have this conversation without making things up, deflecting, pretending, and basically being rude, I might be interested in what you have to say about Palin. Until then, your last post that does not mention Obama has this...

Must she have "community organizer" on her resume in order for you to think she accomplished something.

What Messiah Community Organizer were you referring to?
Anyway, I think the Palin derangement syndrome is kicking in and it is taking away from any chance at dispelling anything. Have a good day.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Hmmmm, try something. I know this might be hard. One, get over your obsession with Obama. Talking about Obama with not make Palin fit for office. Talking about Obama will not destroy myths about Palin. Lashing out at people about Obama will not do anything for Palin at all. This is not about Obama, this is about Sarah. If you need to insult Obama in order to pretend Sarah is anything better than she is, you already lost. Take out all the personal attacks and crap about Obama and see what you have left.

Again, you refuse to comment on Palin's accomplishments as governor of Alaska that I posted.

I guess it does not fit into your little world right? If anyone has an obsession it is you with Palin. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Of course this is NOT about Obama so why will you NOT comment on Palin's accomplishments instead of only insulting her for no reason.

I went back to the second page. You never posted her accomplishments. Quote that post, I would like to read it.
2nd

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm not sure I should take any of the reasons you support Palin with anymore than a grain of salt. I can find not one bit of proof that she had anything to do with busting the "corrupt bastards club." She didn't become a governer until 3 or 4 years after the investigation began, and it was partly because of the fallout of that situation that she was elected. It helping her become elected is the only officially recognized connection I can find. There are a few Pro-Palin blogs I've seen saying she helped, but they were all personal blogs with no back up. Also the "CBC" isn't mentioned on her wiki page, and vice-versa. Also you said she was eliminating "pork" well did you forget the "build a bridge" platform she ran on? She was sure willing to take 450 million out of my and the rest of American pockets that wouldn't benefit hardly anyone to build a bridge to a town inhabited by 50 people, and having a small airport. 450 million, she didn't eliminate hardly anything compared to what she was trying to take.

None of your arguments are very good, I'll work on the others when I have more time/
edit on 19-10-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: ...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Oh and your sixth point is null and void as she had no hand in that and she proposed 50 percent yet quit on the job. Not to mention if you were already at 25 percent when it was proposed that everyone get to that point, I don't see why anyone could suggest you could make it to 50 percent.

That's 3 out of your 6 points that have no merit. The remaining three I haven't even gotten around to yet.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join