It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ETs non-existent?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Maze
another thing that bothers me is that the military has supposedly logged over 50 species of aliens(according to a not very credible article)..but If so many aliens are out there why has there been so little credible proof??i mean not everyone can be controlled by the government someone has to know something...

maybe you answered your own question there, i think the lack of evidence speaks volumes.

again thats just my opinion, but great thread anyway, makes a change from the hysteria we've had in the past week or two.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i cant remember but i read it last week,i dont really beleive it i just hunger for the motives someone could have for fabricating such claims,i mean theres absolutely no proof and now theres all of these species..Youre on to something,after watching the bohemian grove videos and learning of the fema camps that are bieng built near my city along with much more info its evident that the u.s government has much to hide...Brings back the fact that the u.s released those russian spies after russia threatened to publicize secret u.s information

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
reply to post by xiphias

They don't want us to know that they have it because they might use it one day in an attempt to deceive the world with an "alien" event.
edit on 17-10-2010 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

That's possible, and I definitely wouldn't put it past them, but a more likely scenario is that TPTB don't know how the world would react to the display of extraterrestrial technology, regardless of whether the ETs were here recently, are still here, or planning to come here. Any sort of disclosure would have a high potential of causing mass hysteria.

Who knows, the computers we're using right now could have been conceived using out-of-this-world technology.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
thanks rich
ATS really did go bananas for a few weeks i honestly thought that the OPs of most threads were pranksters,the scary part is that they werent..I guess if you lead one sheep the rest will follow.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
According to our current knowledge it takes 10 billion (phage feel free to chine in here if my numbers are off) stars to make a galaxy. There are hundreds of billions, maybe trillions of galaxies in our universe. Each star has planets orbiting them. So that's a lot of planets...trillions or what ever comes after a trillion. (Maybe Bernake would know? He,he!) So knowing that, are you going to tell me that human's are the only intelligent life in the universe? I feel that it's logical to establish a hypothesis that the universe is teeming with intelligent civilizations. We think from our limited three dimensional perspective. There are at least seven dimensions. And they are all teaming with life also. Proof? How can anyone prove it? How about know it, intuit it, feel it. Merge intellect with intuition. reply to post by Mental Maze

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Maze
thanks rich
ATS really did go /b/ananas for a few weeks i honestly thought that the OPs of most threads were pranksters newfags,the scary part is that they were, (...)

There you go, I fixed it for you

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Drake equation and the book probability found that AT THE VERY LEAST the chance for ET life is 100%.
(N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL)

R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fℓ = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

In a limitless universe, with a limitless abount of stars, "floating in a sea of infinite universes"?
I know you need proof before you can say it for sure, but not for me. Every single thing on this Earth is found out in space. If we can find everything that makes up on our planet in space, then we will surely find life, as it too is an active part of our planet. It would be the height of human arrogance to think were alone, besides what a waste of space that would be. " We once thought ourselves to be the physical center of the universe, now we believe we are the biological center of the universe for no good reason"

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hahah!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Its still difficult to beleive,i mean i know that the possibilities are limitless but we have yet to find an answer for our own existence..hell we may not even exist at all, what if earthlings are just a "trial version" of the universes grand design...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join