It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Ring is Developing on the Sun!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I don't know which side you're having a lend of here.

Either way, funny stuff.

Now don't be afraid.

No sides, just innocent Sunday morning fun, even though I'm 116% more woo woo than you, Phage or Oz, I like you all cos yall are never rude about your factuism until a fooo draws first and I love polite sceptics.

Never thought I'd be able to justify the use of "yall" but I dun it I tellt ya I dun it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Is anyone here really an expert on solar activity?
If so, what are your credentials and opinions on this event..

If not, please don't pretend to be.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

reply to post by CHRLZ

I went and watched the stereo video from August to today to watch it develop, it kinda just happens, the filaments have been there for quite a while and eventually move into their current location.

Here I am, grinning wisely like a self-styled expert - I figured if someone did that, they would see that it just sorta happened. Here's my next predictions:

1. It will just sorta go away.

2. There will be NO, zero, nada, zilch effects on either us, or the Sun, from this indistinct, but moderately pretty occurrence.

May I ask those who are criticising the self-styled experts (presumably using their self-styled-expert opinions
), to offer their predictions?

Let's see who wins.

And if something does happen, whatcha gunna do? Go and bring the washing in..?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

In my self styled opinion, I would agree that the filaments, as circular as they are will not effect us, although the lower part that is connected to sunspot 1112 could give us some action.

Plus!

The coronal hole has already shot solar wind at us, it just seems to have been ignored because there's a (poorly shaped) ring on the sun.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hey all,

Wasnt some poster on here the other day talking about Portals etc.

They said a greenish mass would enter the atmosphere giving us all a sign and we were not to go out for 3 days.

Could a massive solar erruption create a green flare in the Sky?

Im off to the local supermarket to start stocking up.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by scitpeks

Well, clearly whoever wrote the article in the OP must know what they're talking about, right?

So we'll believe whatever they say I guess...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by scitpeks

Well, clearly whoever wrote the article in the OP must know what they're talking about, right?

So we'll believe whatever they say I guess...

Ackchewly... If you read the article cited in the OP, and then check out the spaceweather article, you will see that the OP article is trying to do a little wool-pulling.

They quote spaceweather after talking about the ring, and it implied their comments are about the ring. They are NOT.

In fact, spaceweather didn't even mention the ring, and were ONLY talking about the filamentary structure at bottom.

Very poor journalism, obviously intended to deceive and beat up a story.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Shhhh don't ruin it for everyone!

Party pooper.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Im sure one of the experts (or closest we have) can confirm this or not.

Ive been looking at the latest images, & to me it looks like the northern (in respect to the view) part of this 'ring' is heading AWAY from where it should be going to form a ring, ie to the north west, not coming down to the south west to complete the circle.

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Id probably also say the SE part of the 'ring' is now heading further SE rather than north.

Anyone agree ?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The mighty all-knowing Phage also said the filaments 'never' connect.

Quite how he can say that they 'never' connect, is curious.

We have a few decades of accurate high tech solar observational data..in addition to possibly a century or two of very low tech and probably inaccurate observational data..if the filaments that 'never' join to form a ring do actually join and form a ring, and it is a once in a millennium occurrence, we wouldn't have any data to that effect.

Even if it's a once in 500 year event, we wouldn't know of the phenomena.

Another example of arrogance based on the fallacious reasoning that our current knowledge is all encompassing, and at the highest pinnacle we are ever able to achieve.

We hardly know anything about our Sun, it's irresponsible to claim certainty of the sun's processes based on the
tiny duration and amount of observational data we have.

It may amount to nothing and fizzle out as predicted, or it may not.

I'll not deal in absolutes when we are stumbling around in the dark knowledge wise.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

They may or may not touch, I think what Phage was getting at that the "ring" wasn't one single object, the two filaments are two separate entities, doing their own thing, you can see this if you load up the STEREO movie archive.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

At sunspot minimum, the magnetic field is relatively straight like lines of latitude. Because the equator rotates faster than the poles (differential rotation), as time goes on the field gets twisted. During the course of 11 years, the magnetic field becomes so twisted and tangled that some of the field breaks through the Sun's surface causing sunspots.

ircamera.as.arizona.edu...

Edit:

edit on 17-10-2010 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Agreed, he did say they were two separate structures but he also said that such filament structures 'never' join up.

This is what i took issue with, the 'never' statement, for the reasons my post outlined.

From the latest data, it appears as though the 'top' filament is migrating away starting from it's N/W edge, so if the filament joining does occur occasionally or on a cycling frequency, it doesn't look like it's going to be now.

Worth keeping an eye on though, even if there's absolutely nothing that we could do to mitigate any associated negative effects.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It's the ring of fire.... Except it's on the sun and it's literally plasma. Quite good looking I must say...raises hope for a significant event that will depopulate the planet. I don't think anything is going to happen until 2012 however.

______beforeitsnews/story/218/366/Enormous_Ring_is_Developing_on_the_Sun.html

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Did you mean to say that it raises 'HOPE' that it will cause a catastrophe that will depopulate our planet?

Or did you mean something else?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix

At sunspot minimum, the magnetic field is relatively straight like lines of latitude. Because the equator rotates faster than the poles (differential rotation), as time goes on the field gets twisted. During the course of 11 years, the magnetic field becomes so twisted and tangled that some of the field breaks through the Sun's surface causing sunspots.

Edit:

edit on 17-10-2010 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

It would bear repeating. The above quoted post has all you need to know about this thread.

Good catch by the OP....but it is not a dooomsday scenario. It is an equally impressive display of magnetic lines in the near solar environment.

Star to the above quoted poster for a simple, graphical, and logical explanation of what is happening.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Such symmetrical patterns don't occur in nature. They are acts of god. This is an act of god -- pointing at the Earth. God has communicated with Earth at least once before with sunspots. In the shape of the Haitian island group on the day of the Earthquake, and shortly thereafter sunspots in the shape of another island group in the Pacific, and then at the time of the Olympics in Canada, five sunspots in the shape of the Olympic emblem.

See:www.abovetopsecret.com...

How does God communicate? By the decoding of the words that describe the event -- like the words "Circle" and the words "Ring", and the words "Sun Spots". This communication by God using the Sun is a part of the overall expectation of a "Coming".

See the websites listed after my signature. Watch my blog for continuing info.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Only Deepak Chopra can save us now, through meditation, just like when he caused that earthquake through the power of thought.
edit on 17-10-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Lmao, kind of funny isn't it? Within what 7 or 8 minutes everything about our race, all of our bull# and problems, all of our history, would be gone in the blink of an eye.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
Such symmetrical patterns don't occur in nature. They are acts of god. This is an act of god -- pointing at the Earth. God has communicated with Earth at least once before with sunspots. In the shape of the Haitian island group on the day of the Earthquake, and shortly thereafter sunspots in the shape of another island group in the Pacific, and then at the time of the Olympics in Canada, five sunspots in the shape of the Olympic emblem.

See:www.abovetopsecret.com...

How does God communicate? By the decoding of the words that describe the event -- like the words "Circle" and the words "Ring", and the words "Sun Spots". This communication by God using the Sun is a part of the overall expectation of a "Coming".

See the websites listed after my signature. Watch my blog for continuing info.

Not very scientific, isn't it?
"Such symmetrical patterns don't occur in nature"

Helium - The First Element

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join