It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tekken thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I own all of Tekken games...
I think the Tekken saga is one of the best examples of legendary videogames.
Since September 18 2010 the fans know that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be the next project.
What do you remember about playing Tekken videogames?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I remember playing the Tekken 2 demo on a PlayStation promotion CD over and over, because I couldn't afford the real game.

That was my first experience with the series. Then when I eventually could afford some games Yoshimitsu was my favourite character, I knew some bad ass moves with that guy. Mostly involving the sword. I had it down to one roundhouse kick flooring the opponent, then a sword poke to finish them off. It really was such a great series especially the individual stories, they really went all out to develop characters. Then you had the awesome film sequences at the end. Just Brilliant all round.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know Street Fighter Vs. Tekken is coming out, and will be epic.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Rescuing the professor! Epic.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Me too, I bought Tekken 2 for first after playing many weeks the demo of Tekken 3...So I was introduced to Tekken world by Eddie and Xiaoyu characters.
I agree that yoshimitsu is totally cool and I never quite actually understood what his storyline is supposed to be.
I remember waiting to see how they would change him with every Tekken.

In the fall of 2007, when I had a lot of time to do such things, I wrote 67 biographies for a Tekken 7 game, all in 3 weeks.
In the sense that I created 67 story for characters in a fan-fiction section of a forum.
And I dedicated a wall of my room to those guys! XD

edit on 16-10-2010 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And I can also add that Tekken is a optimal example of a government in the way some conspiracy guys think about the TPTB! XD

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

it was cool 10 yrs ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Tekken 2 was so good, that it physically forced me to buy a PS1, thus renewing the video game addiction that I had conquered after I gave my NES to my little brother.

I've since blamed Lei Wulong and Heihaci Mishima for everything that ever went wrong in my life!!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'd say Tekken 3 was the height of it all

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Tekken changed my school life

I used to run off to the gamea parlour during my final exams of 10th standard and used to play for almot 6-8 hours daily in between my exams !!!!

my mom-dad didnt knew about this as I said i am going to study at frnds or play at frnds' place. but they eventually found out.. nice beating.. but still Paul rocks man.. his hairstyle goes perfectly with his punches..

oooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa...................

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DefCon4ashi

Do you know they made a new character for Tekken Tag Tournament 2? Its a luchadora, wrestler girl dressed in pink with feathers on her head...Still unnamed.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
I know Street Fighter Vs. Tekken is coming out, and will be epic.

dito that...tekken was cool a couple of years ago. And it's still an alright game, though the one thing that is annoying about tekken is the physics of the characters and the link system, there way to floaty when you hit them, it's like they have no weight, so they bounce around to much when you hit them with combos, even with a little jab and they get launched into the air. Other then that it's pretty cool, but definitely waiting for street fighter vs tekken way more then any new tekken game.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In my opinion all the Tekken games were pretty good. I have played them since the very first one. I remember trying to beat that little arcade game at the beginning to unlock devil Kazuya or something like that. Tekken 4 was probably the black sheep in the family. Decent game but it just wasn't quite as good as the rest.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
They just revealed that in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 the new girl character is called JAYCEE, Jinpachi Mishima returns officially and maybe Kunimkitsu too.

Also, revealed that Tekken 7 will have 2 Italian characters created by the fans.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I remember playing the early Tekken games. For Christmas I was given an Xbox 360 (I used to own one but sold it). Anyway, I saw that Tekken 6 was available for Xbox 360 and promptly bought it, remembering how much I'd enjoyed the previous games. I was very disappointed with it and traded it for another game. I just couldn't stand to play it. Anyone else feel the same way about Tekken 6?

new topics

top topics

join