It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Before Your Nose: A Fracking Disaster in the Making!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Buffalo, NY bans hydraulic fracturing

Symbolic, but interesting.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not to worry. Old T Boone Pickens was on Stewarts show and he says he's fracked himself for years and there is no problems at all with it. I guess his windmills didn't get the funding he wanted so now he's onto natural gas and fracking. All you Halliburton/Cheney haters better take a look at this guy. He actually claimed ownership of the Allagalla Aquifier and tried to sell the water from it to houston. He was building his water pipes right alongside the transmission lines he got taxpayer dollars to build for his windmills. This guy is a crook beyond belief. Playing the oilman turned green now. He's full of sheet. He'd drain the aquifier for $$ and watch millions starve because the farms have no water for crops if he could.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

bump.

S&F&

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think this thread is right on in it's idea of the role fracking is playing in related erathquake phenomenon.Evidence from Arkansa Geological Survey suggets that such methods of extraction can produce tremors and quakes.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Except, the fracking maps don't seem to align neatly with the most recent quakes. So I'm not sure there is a relationship to these recent big ones.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Daedal

Except, the fracking maps don't seem to align neatly with the most recent quakes. So I'm not sure there is a relationship to these recent big ones.

I'm not suggesting a direct link.But to say the least the New madrid fault activity and the Virginia Quake have one thing in common,and that their is fracking going on in the area.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

Sorry should of asked you in the post I just replied too.Can you show me or post a link to where I can access the maps of current fracking activity in the Continental United States?
Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

"Fracking"

Hydraulic fracturing (called "frac jobs" or "frac'ing" in the oil and gas industry or recently "fracking" by some news media reports) is a process that results in the creation of fractures in rocks, the goal of which is to increase the output of an oil or gas well.

40 trillion gallons of contaminated water???

(Another fracking video.)

A Fracking Disaster in the Making: Report

The earth-shattering exploitation of deep deposits of shale rock for natural gas production has broken global records in northeast British Columbia and now threatens critical water supplies across the country, warns a new Munk School of Global Affairs report by award-winning B.C. journalist Ben Parfitt.

Earlier this year at Two Island Lake north of Fort Nelson, two corporations, Encana and Apache, blasted an estimated 5.6 million barrels worth of water along with 111 million pounds of sand and unknown chemicals to fracture apart dense formations of shale over a 100 day period, or what Parfitt calls "the world's largest natural gas extraction effort of its kind."

"Hydraulic fracturing," a brute force technology used in 90 per cent of all unconventional oil and gas well drilling, has allowed companies to exploit vast shale deposits across the continent over the last decade.

The article continues:

...the fracturing of deep rock formations with water, sand and chemicals appears to be a chaotic, non-linear process that can open fractures to freshwater formations as well as other oil and gas wells.

Widespread contamination in U.S.

Fracking chemicals or what industry calls its "secret sauce" can be highly toxic and involve hundreds of chemicals, including silicas, petroleum byproducts, potassium-based chemicals and alcohols. In the Marcellus Shale, a huge deposit stretching from New York to Tennessee, industry leaves as much as 3 million gallons of contaminated water in the ground for every well drilled.

Various U.S. regulators have demanded full disclosure on these chemicals.

More...

From a different source:

What the Frack is going on?

There is a new trend in natural gas and oil well drilling. Its called Multi-Stage Fracking (MSF) and its all the rage. Why? Because it allows for the collection of natural gas from sources that in the past could not be tapped or needed to be tapped with many wells and can now be tapped with just one long horizontal well.

While I'm impressed with the technology and its rapid development, everything I have seen shows the hazards of this reclamation technique seem poorly understood (probably intentionally) and potentially very dangerous.

So what's the problem? Well part of the problem is the fracking fluids used to make the fractures in the rock formations. They're proprietary and the drilling companies are under little to no obligation to disclose what they're pumping into the ground.

That article continues:

The 2005 Energy Policy Act exempted hydraulic fracturing from regulation under the Safe Water Drinking Act.

After Deepwater, do you have the warm and fuzzies?

Look at some of these:

See also:

The Fracking Elephant in the Room

Lawmakers must take action now on fracking

Past deadline, EPA can’t confirm companies have sent fracking info

A fracking disaster in the making, indeed.

:shk:

Here's a map that gives you sense where this is happening or likely to happen.

Source.

It's funny how the biggest conspiracies openly surround us long before they are widely acknowledged.

What a fracking mess...

edit on 18-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

this came up in a google search i did for a map of fracking sites in the US. very interesting!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join