It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Survived the Chinese Lantern/Helium Balloon invasion of 10-13-10, So Now What?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I’m sure on October 13, 2010, many of you experienced the horror of watching your life flash before your very eyes when the prophecy of the Chinese lantern/helium balloon invasion became a reality around the globe. Was it our sheer will to survive as a species that saved us? I suppose it was to a certain degree. However, I’m of the opinion that had it not been for the brave, selfless act of one retired Norad officer who made the decision to risk his own life for the sake of humanity by bringing us his prediction of the Chinese lantern/helium balloon invasion, the end to this event could have taken a very different turn.

With this nightmare behind us, what new goals should we, as a species, set for ourselves both as individuals and as a unified population? I would like to share with you my suggestion for the future, to ensure that we maintain focus and direction as we forge on in search of hidden truths about our planet and ourselves. My suggested area of focus: reality.

Yes, a dose of reality will ensure that any future terror we face, especially at the level experienced with the Chinese lantern/helium balloon invasion, will be done with clear heads and brains that are function from a reality-based center. Many on ATS will have to practice this way of thinking more frequently than others, but we can all do it together. Let’s vow to give a helping hand to those requiring more attention in this area?

Okay, so here’s a list of circumstances that I believe are of utmost concern. Some are clearly walking a fine line between the real world and one that has been derived from imagination with respect to these issues. I myself have occasionally been sucked into some of these beliefs and have, for a time period, flopped around like a fish out of water spewing intelligible mumblings about aliens and spaceships, so I understand how easily we can succumb to the intrigue that exists with these mysteries of the universe.

That said, here's my areas of concern:

Unrealistic beliefs and obsession over future alien invasions

Unfortunately, there are some who have become so engrossed in the idea of aliens coming to earth to introduce themselves, that they believe every offering of UFO “evidence” is, in fact, credible. Whether it be Ronald McDonald claiming to have been abducted by aliens and enduring an anal probe, or whether it be a piece of paper floating in the air claimed to be a spacecraft, to them, it’s all brand new "positive proof "of alien visitation. Their eyes no longer see reality, they see what the believer wants to see. Then, the rest of us are subjected to yet another headlining article entitled: “THIS IS IT! PROOF THEY ARE HERE RIGHT NOW…LIVE!

If you’re an alien, then I’m Godzilla

If a person posts a new thread claiming themselves to be an alien bringing a doomsday prediction, promises of a new age of enlightenment, or the threat of another alien civilization being enroute to destroy humanity, it is a hoax. Repeat that with me, please….”A HOAX!” You are being played for a numbskull, which is exactly what you are if you respond with, “I have no reason to disbelieve what this OP has stated,” or “Certainly I will reserve judgment about this person’s alien origins until such time as his prediction comes true,” or “I’m very interested in hearing what this OP has to say and we should all refrain from derogatory comments out of respect.” Such remarks are coming from a place of delusion and must be resisted.

“Disclosure?” – None that will be based in truth

The next issue is “DISCLOSURE.” You must read the following words very carefully: THE ONLY DISCLOSURE THE U.S. GOVERNMENT WILL BE GIVING THE AMERICAN PUBLIC, IF THERE IS ANY AT ALL, WILL BE NOTHING BUT A PACK OF LIES DESIGNED TO MANIPULATE US AS HAS BEEN THE CASE FOR MANY, MANY DECADES NOW. Dr. Greer can work his fanny off till the next millennium and we will not get truthful disclosure. Steven Bassett can yap until he’s blue in the face about how our government should come clean and we will not get truthful disclosure. A government that has operated with deceit and disinformation for a hundred years does not all of a sudden become honest.

The Giant Jesus in the sky…LOL

Project “Blue Beam” is either an elaborate hoax or a psychotic plot hatched by people who’ve clearly gone insane. Yet, how many on ATS continuously parade this idea around ATS as if it’s a logical and potentially successful project that we should be highly concerned about. Holographic images of religious icons speaking to the people of the world who will readily believe what they hear after being subjected to mind control techniques? Humans dressed in alien costumes? Faked alien invasions involving fleets of ufos projected into the atmosphere? The introduction of the anti-christ?

If this event is one you fear will take place, then please consider these questions: What about the folks who are atheists or choose to forego organized religion in pursuit of their own spiritual beliefs? B. What will happen when other cultures learn there are religious icons of various religions appearing elsewhere? Will people be expected to believe there was a pow-wow in the sky of all religious figures (Jesus, Buddha, etc.) and they decided to come down together to address this as a group in front of humanity? C. Who will be the anti-christ? Will it be a gigantic Obama head with a voice of thunder?

Self-proclaimed E.T. experts, please cease and desist

If you are one of those members who engages in conversations with others about the “765” species of aliens (all of whom you believe to know by name) and you have convinced yourself that you are well educated in the behavioral patterns of each species, as well as their level of technological sophistication and intentions here on this planet, you are most likely experiencing a hole in your skull that has allowed marbles to escape your cranium. This is a potentially hazardous situation not only for you, but for those unsuspecting people you come in contact with who may inadvertently slip on one of your lost marbles and break his or her neck.
UFO sightings are very suspicious at best

The lonely trip to Earth to perform aerial tricks for humans

There is no logical explanation why a lone UFO carrying E.T.’s will occasionally appear in a heavily populated city on earth to dart all over the sky and then instantly vanish into the atmosphere. Is that what they came all that way to do? Seriously? If there is a realistic and viable explanation for this phenomenon, I am all ears. Monitoring our activities? With the technology to arrive here, they have yet to figure out how to monitor us from a greater distance? Why do most of these crafts fail to bring “backup” in case they encounter an attack from our military? For that matter, why do we fail to see any military response at all in most of the cases? Certainly these alleged E.T.’s are aware we see them, so why not just land and get it over with? Why all of all the silly fanfare? I think we would be better off assuming our illustrious government is trying to create false beliefs about who is in these spacecrafts. It is, indeed, a fact that our government is in possession of “flying saucers.” They use us for every other experimental purpose known to man, so why should we not expect that hey will use these spacecrafts to manipulate our opinions and beliefs about E.T.’s.

OKAY, I'll STOP NOW....

My post is not meant in anything but jest. But I would be lying if I said I didn’t think there are some members on ATS who are walking a fine line between reality and fantasy when it comes to aliens and ufos. None of us really knows what’s going on, and I think anyone who believes otherwise about themselves is living in a dream world.

Humanity’s “truths” will probably never be fully revealed. On some level, I’m quite sure we’ve all been wrong.. Regardless, we’re all in the same boat, here. I’m just hoping that when and if we see a major presence come from places otherworldly, that we will be able to react with common sense and caution. We should never assume that any alien species from another world is here to be friends. Likewise, we should not presume all to be dangerous. If this day comes, I hope we’re evolved enough to accept this historical challenge.

edit on 15-10-2010 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
thats exactly what "they" want us to..

also believers role eyes about lights over NY...

send some hoaxes and noone will care when the "real" event happends

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

send some hoaxes and noone will care when the "real" event happends

Yeah, angrydog, that's what a lot of people say in response to opinions like those I've given. While it may very well be true, I would presume that when and if TPTB did pull an alien invasion hoax, it would in no way, shape, or form, resemble the kind of stuff we've been subjected to up to this point. If it is, the population would laugh them off the face of the earth . . . either that or hang them by their toenails, the latter being preferred.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oops, double post
edit on 15-10-2010 by NightGypsy because: Double post.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What proof do you have that they were balloons? Links? It seems you have just as much proof they were balloons as the people who thought they UFO's that they were UFO's from outer space. In fact the people who thought they were UFO's are technically right because they are still unidentified flying objects. But there is no proof they were from outer space either.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Your very thread title in and of itself deserves a flag.

Cracked me up.

Certainly things around here can get a little nutty at times.
Sanity and gullibility seem to wax and wane around here, and lately we've been on the edge of gullibility so long, that some have hit the slippery slope and are beginning to make the descent downwards towards the inevitable utter nonsense pit.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
well the fact is...we saw alot of small thingys...for me it looks like baloons..

i saw alot of better videos and pics the last years..and noone cares..(media)

but on the NY stuff they all jumped on...exited. was weird..and now everyone lols about it in the media and says
it was balloons...also exited.

all we can do is...go on with watching the sky...!! and not to flame each other..

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What proof do you have that they were balloons?

My proof was my own two eyeballs, Buster. Haven't you seen the videos of all of these alleged sightings that have been prominently posted here on ATS for the past couple of days? I don't need to provide links, just go look at them. I would specifically urge you to review the MASSIVE Chinese lantern invasion that San Francisco endured. Luckily, the one who videotaped that invasion had the wits about him to zero in and get close up shots of these lanterns so there would be no questioning their existence. Trust me, Buster, we were under attack all right, and in San Francisco, the enemy came in the form of tiny aliens who had been genetically engineered with humans of Chinese decent. They were piloting the lanterns.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

all we can do is...go on with watching the sky...!! and not to flame each other..

LOL, angrydog. . . You're right. Pardon my silliness with this post, but I'm afraid if I did not somehow make a statement about the nonsense foisted upon us on these boards recently, I may unleash my frustration on an unsuspecting UFO alarmist and, once again be treated another "warning" and a deduction in my beloved ATS points (which seem to be dwindling at an ever-increasing rate:roll

edit on 15-10-2010 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Certainly things around here can get a little nutty at times. Sanity and gullibility seem to wax and wane around here, and lately we've been on the edge of gullibility so long, that some have hit the slippery slope and are beginning to make the descent downwards towards the inevitable utter nonsense pit. Just saying.

And an enthusiastic star back at you, Ladyinwaiting for your comment that includes verbiage not unlike that which I would choose myself.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'll be in the sane minority, but I agree 100% with you Nightgypsy. I don't buy all that "well, shucks, I can't prove or disprove what he's saying so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt" stuff. Use some critical thinking people. Or Occam's Razor. And that includes alot of moderators, except maybe Byrd, who is the only skeptical mod I have ever seen on ATS.

star and flag

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That post was like a breath of fresh air after days of covering your face from the smoke.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I like this thread, well done.
And, are people still asking for proof of the laterns, balloons, jupiter and made up stories?
Really..?After all those posts. Read up!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The disclosure was probably more spiritual than something in the sky. I wasnt an avid ufo beleiver before, and so never followed these kind of conspiracy sites. I wasnt even interested in any UFO forums on this site. I actually came to this site to read all the religion forums posts, because that was my interest for awhile. While reading deeper in religion, i started to drift away from it, i mean, i started to beleive religion wasnt the truth. That night i had a self regression, which opened my world, i had memory of my last life. The next day was the alleged discloure. That same evening, i had memories of a future self. Maybe just a coincidence.

Disclosure: The act of disclosing, uncovering, or revealing; bringing to light; exposure

The day before and that day of disclosure, i found my true self, why i was here.

Heres a link to my story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

And, are people still asking for proof of the laterns, balloons, jupiter and made up stories?

My friend, I'm afraid the answer to that question will eternally be, "YES." A gargantuan-sized mother ship could land on their house, squishing their spouse, their 9 kids, and their dog, "Lola," and the answer would still be, "YES."

I might come off like a UFO skeptic with this thread, but I am actually a far cry from that. My opinion is, there have likely been authentic visits by E.T.'s and there have likely been UFO sightings that were the real deal.But, to not admit the likelihood that what we've witnessed hasn't been at the hand of our woefully deceitful shadow government would be downright madness. There are many benefits to be found in pulling E.T. and UFO hoaxes on the masses. And we cannot dismiss the reality that advanced spacecrafts have been developed over decades with black project funds. No one's been held accountable for, nor has there been oversight allowing for disclosure to Americans regarding the use of these funds and the resulting technologies.

Anyway, off my soapbox now...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Where is the proof? the pictures? the videos? The EVIDENCE man The evidence? where is it. I have stopped taking people for their word because of too many liars. Balloons? are you kidding me. I know when i see a balloon. I know when i see a craft and i definitely know when my BS meter goes off cuz it is going off right now.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

That post was like a breath of fresh air after days of covering your face from the smoke.

LOL, Serbsta...I think the one that put me over the edge this week was the foul-mouthed rapper who was videotaping an alleged police pursuit of what was supposed to be an alien or a UFO. Of course, not one second of video showed anything other than the rantings of a paranoid man likely experiencing the effects of smoking way too much wacky weed...either that or some crack coc aine. Hard to tell for sure.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I’m sure on October 13, 2010, many of you experienced the horror of watching your life flash before your very eyes when the prophecy of the Chinese lantern/helium balloon invasion became a reality around the globe. Was it our sheer will to survive as a species that saved us? I suppose it was to a certain degree. However, I’m of the opinion that had it not been for the brave, selfless act of one retired Norad officer who made the decision to risk his own life for the sake of humanity by bringing us his prediction of the Chinese lantern/helium balloon invasion, the end to this event could have taken a very different turn.

Just as we have learned from this is experience, so too, have the aliens. There's no telling what they'll try next. Few of us were expecting balloons from a teacher's engagement party - all this time we imagined it would be balloons from a child's birthday party instead. The thing we need to keep in mind is that the aliens are diabolical, and, well, alien.

Next time it could be anything. An errant Canada goose, perhaps, or smoke from a college homecoming day bonfire, or an inflatable Christmas snowman springing a leak and whizzing around the neighborhood like, well, a balloon (once again). I don't think we're seen the last of them. Or the first of them for that matter. But either way, we must remain vigilant, hands on mice, fingers on keyboard.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Where is the proof? the pictures? the videos? The EVIDENCE man The evidence? where is it.

Uh, oh. We've got another skeptic demanding proof of my Chinese lantern/helium balloon invasion claims.

Kid_cudi, there are an abundance of videos currently posted on ATS that will surely provide you with the evidence you require. As previously suggested to another member, please refer to those for viewing at your leisure...and, in particular the menacing Chinese lanterns that hovered over the Golden Gate Bridge.

And, by the way, while I've got you here, could you be so kind as to translate the meaning of the following verse:

"The lonely stoner, mr. solo doe low". Who is this "Mr. Solo Doe Low?" Is this an alias or is that the lonely stoner's real name?..I must get to the bottom of this....

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by kid_cudi

Where is the proof? the pictures? the videos? The EVIDENCE man The evidence? where is it.

Uh, oh. We've got another skeptic demanding proof of my Chinese lantern/helium balloon invasion claims.

Kid_cudi, there are an abundance of videos currently posted on ATS that will surely provide you with the evidence you require. As previously suggested to another member, please refer to those for viewing at your leisure...and, in particular the menacing Chinese lanterns that hovered over the Golden Gate Bridge.

And, by the way, while I've got you here, could you be so kind as to translate the meaning of the following verse:

"The lonely stoner, mr. solo doe low". Who is this "Mr. Solo Doe Low?" Is this an alias or is that the lonely stoner's real name?..I must get to the bottom of this....

What makes you think i know what that means. It sounds like your name and it probably is. and i dont want just a video I want your video with what your own eyes saw. I want your evidence man the evidence.
The only way for your story to be credible is for you to post your very own personal evidence of your so called Chinese lamps. that rediculous. you are actually saying you survived a LAMP invasion. hahahahahahah
edit on 15-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join