It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbombs and Secret Jails: What too look for in Wikileaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Superbombs and Secret Jails: What too look for in Wikileaks

www.wired.com

The Afghanistan war logs were just the beginning. Coming as early as next week, WikiLeaks plans to disclose a new trove of military documents, this time covering some of the toughest years of the Iraq war. Up to 400,000 reports from 2004 to 2009 could be revealed this time — five times the size of the Afghan document dump.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
About time that there's an update on the Iraq Docs. This release is really supposed to hit the Pentagon hard this time around. Over 400,000 documents. I wonder what kind of secrets they contain that the government and MSM have been hiding from us. I saw that the government apparently lost over 200,000 AK-47's and pistols. How could they just "lose track" of over 200,000 weapons. I smell something fishy going on.

It's going to be a bumpy ride.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tokyodynamite

I saw that the government apparently lost over 200,000 AK-47's and pistols. How could they just "lose track" of over 200,000 weapons. I smell something fishy going on.

Maybe there were rfid tags in the stocks of those rifles.

This would allow the glorious allies to track the weapons' dispersion and aid in target selection for drone strikes - for several months at least.

Just a theory I had. It could always be incompetence or something else.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tokyodynamite

Is kida fishy that amount of guns go missing and no one noticed. Its the same with vehicles, apparently something like 500 UN/NATO vehicles have been lost/stolen.....so now they have 200k guns and 500 vehicles....sounds like a decent sized army is being made??

What ever happened about the wikileaks insurance file?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by tokyodynamite

What ever happened about the wikileaks insurance file?

I havn't heard anything new about it. I guess they're still using it for "insurance"

Second line.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It seems as if Wikileak's "leaks", never really does anything other than rattle some feathers and maybe garners the organization a little bit of street cred. I actually think Wikileaks does far more bad than good, because it makes the general public believe that there is at least a little bit of transparency, whether intentional or not. People tend to think that the documents and videos leaked, are the worst of the worst and that this is all government is up to, especially with the way the organization hypes these "leaks". People tend to falsely believe that if the government was up to worse, we would know about it, thanks to Wikileaks. Add that to the collective short term memory of the public, and the dots are never connected.

I'm even starting to think that Wikileaks could be a ruse, as a disinformation or distraction campaign, designed to corral dissention and fool the public. They could be getting authentic information to give Wikileaks a little bit of street cred with the public, while the much bigger issues go quietly under the rug. They even seem to publicly oppose it, then work with Wikileaks to wash the information. At the very least, the government could be purposefully leaking false information or even true information with false details.

Think about it, if the government really want to discredit Wikileaks, all they would have to do is set up a few false leaks covertly and then later debunk them or at least debunk a few details. Then, anything that Wikileaks puts out, would be questioned and the media could easily cite the debunked information to question their credibility. The fact that the government has not yet done that, makes me wonder and only adds credence to the notion that Wikileaks may simply be a front for disinformation or distraction.

If I had to call it right now, I would definitely er on the side of caution and call the organization a disinformation campaign. That's my opinion anyway.

--airspoon

top topics

join