It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest (and impossible) UFO Challenge!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This "SHOULD" be the least popular thread ever made on these forums.

Here's the deal. I am really tired of going through thread after thread after thread, just to find blobs, blurs, lights, shadows, hype and hoaxes.

I want to see a craft that is:

1). Indisputably intelligently controlled, ie: Making Turns (not just floating by).
2). Absolutely has some shape, ie: No lights, blobs or blurs.
3). Recorded by someone who isn't "anonymous", (if there's other witnesses, great!).

In other words, I want to see a video that leaves me sitting here thinking: "wow".

Examples of useless "proof".

1). Phoenix lights (they're just lights, could be any frickin' thing).
2). Squiggles, shakey blurs, flashes; anything that can't be seen clearly.
3). CGI fakes.

I bet you a MILLION dollars, that not ONE decent video will be posted. Out of the 7 billion people walking the Earth, a great many who walk around with phones and cameras in their pocket, and where's just [[[[[[ONE]]]]]] flying craft that is obviously intelligently controlled, but unrecognizable as anything of human origin.

Just One! That's all I am asking.. "ONE".

I don't want to hear stories. I don't care if they're from military officials and governors. I don't want to see Steven Greer's stupid lights. Not interested in Billy Meier's photos. Not interested in ANY photos. I just want to see ONE bit of footage that displays a non-human craft. Anything over 5 seconds that displays a turn will do!

I bet no one can produce such footage.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hi OP. Interesting quest. S&F your thread to get the ball rolling and hopefully help to attract a little interest. I'll be following the thread to see what gets posted.

By the way, I wouldn't call it "impossible" as that pre-supposes the outcome. You've offered a challenge and you never know: a member might have what you're looking for.

All the best,

Mike
edit on 14/10/10 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by m1star76

Even if I or anyone else was lucky enough to be in the right area at the right time with a HD videocamera and tripod and perfect view of the daytime sky with the perfect perspective with clear markers able to gauge distance to object with plausible background chatter (seriously people on here decide if a video is fake or not based on what people say and project their own feelings of what they would say and if they don't match they scream fake) and I had a second video camera in another position filming from a different perspective to give you more proof it would then be screamed down as a hoax BECAUSE there was too much evidence and the case would look "too neat".

Realize what you are asking for and realize that if you were ever to see it you, yourself would just scream HOAX!! regardless of its legitimacy. Therein lies the problem. No matter how good it is people will scream it's an advanced CGI Fake and no matter how bad it is people will scream it's yet another pixellated mess.

You have to do with what you have.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I want someone, just once, to explain the 10s of 1000s of reports, by credible (many times, technical) witnesses, that describe objects that perform maneuvers and speeds absolutely impossible to achieve with current technology or human capability.

I understand that our government's technological capabilities FAR exceed what is available to the general public, as has always been the case, but these reports have been going on for centuries - we've only recently been able to describe - in quantifiable terms - what was actually being done by these objects.

But, our 'commercial' technology (for lack of a better term) is usually realtively close behind military innovation. These objects have been around forever, and we still cannot immulate.

Either that, OR, our government is much further ahead than we would like to believe, thereby implying that such earth/civilization saving technologies like free/renewable energy are long past discovered and being withheld from humanity (being that they've apparently learned how to manipulate gravity(anti)).

Can't have it both ways.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas

Even if I or anyone else was lucky enough to be in the right area at the right time with a HD videocamera and tripod and perfect view of the daytime sky with the perfect perspective with clear markers able to gauge distance to object with plausible background chatter (seriously people on here decide if a video is fake or not based on what people say and project their own feelings of what they would say and if they don't match they scream fake) and I had a second video camera in another position filming from a different perspective to give you more proof it would then be screamed down as a hoax BECAUSE there was too much evidence and the case would look "too neat".

Realize what you are asking for and realize that if you were ever to see it you, yourself would just scream HOAX!! regardless of its legitimacy. Therein lies the problem. No matter how good it is people will scream it's an advanced CGI Fake and no matter how bad it is people will scream it's yet another pixellated mess.

If you provide me with footage of an object that is doing a turn, that is obviously not of known human design, that is not just a light, blob or blur, I will not scream hoax. If you provide it to me with two camera angles, I will be even more impressed.

Now, if you'd be so kind, can you go and find me a video that was shot from two cameras, to prove your point? I'll let you know if I think it's a hoax or not.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
I want someone, just once, to explain the 10s of 1000s of reports, by credible (many times, technical) witnesses, that describe objects that perform maneuvers and speeds absolutely impossible to achieve with current technology or human capability.

I understand that our government's technological capabilities FAR exceed what is available to the general public, as has always been the case, but these reports have been going on for centuries - we've only recently been able to describe - in quantifiable terms - what was actually being done by these objects.

But, our 'commercial' technology (for lack of a better term) is usually realtively close behind military innovation. These objects have been around forever, and we still cannot immulate.

Either that, OR, our government is much further ahead than we would like to believe, thereby implying that such earth/civilization saving technologies like free/renewable energy are long past discovered and being withheld from humanity (being that they've apparently learned how to manipulate gravity(anti)).

Can't have it both ways.

See, that's where you go and create your own thread, or post on one of the five billion threads that talk about such things. "THIS" thread was created to search for a video of at least 5 seconds (only 5 seconds will do) of "one" object that is not of known human design, doing a turn. Please stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
People need to understand that UFOlogy is a religion just like anything else.

Think about it. Those of us that believe in advanced civilizations (either visiting the earth, in antiquity, or still among us today) have already acknowledged the possibility (and, probability) that our mere existence on this planet could be attributed to them in some form or fashion, therefor providing alternate/scientific theories for humanity's origins.

This difference is, our 'evidence' is at least debatable and ongoing. Not millenia old and bastardized thru translation over time.

Just my $.02

And, my point is, every time I see one of these "ALL I WANT IS SOME DAMN GOOD PROOF" threads (and, believe me, AS a believer, I would love nothing more than crystal clear HD video footage to shove in the face of every doubter I've ever encountered), it is still a huge jump to say 'No Crystal Clear VISUAL evidence' proves there are no such thing.

Bad argument.
edit on 10/14/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here are some pretty decent ones.

www.youtube.com...

I think there are multiple parts to this same series. Some incredible footage in here.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Hi OP. Interesting quest. S&F your thread to get the ball rolling and hopefully help to attract a little interest. I'll be following the thread to see what gets posted.

By the way, I wouldn't call it "impossible" as that pre-supposes the outcome. You've offered a challenge and you never know: a member might have what you're looking for.

All the best,

Mike
edit on 14/10/10 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

I am convinced, after searching YouTube since practically the day it was first put up, that such footage doesn't exist. Now that this October the 13th date hits, all I find is not just blobs, blurs and lights, but a FRENZY of blobs blurs and lights.

Until I see just one bit of footage, I am going to remain very grumpy towards any stories.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here are some pretty decent ones.

www.youtube.com...

I think there are multiple parts to this same series. Some incredible footage in here.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I am not asking for a TV production. Just one bit of footage, where the person who created it can be tracked down.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
there was a similar thread like this not too long ago (a couple of months ago maybe) and anything which gets posted here will undoubtedly have been posted already on that one. The only one I can think of that fits the bill was the UFO filmed for like 2 days running and it was over a lake or something and SUPPOSEDLY you could see figures in the windows but im sure you have probably seen this as most have. If not i'll have a look for a link

constant_thought

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
People need to understand that UFOlogy is a religion just like anything else.

Think about it. Those of us that believe in advanced civilizations (either visiting the earth, in antiquity, or still among us today) have already acknowledged the possibility (and, probability) that our mere existence on this planet could be attributed to them in some form or fashion, therefor providing alternate/scientific theories for humanity's origins.

This difference is, our 'evidence' is at least debatable and ongoing. Not millenia old and bastardized thru translation over time.

Just my $.02

And, my point is, every time I see one of these "ALL I WANT IS SOME DAMN GOOD PROOF" threads (and, believe me, AS a believer, I would love nothing more than crystal clear HD video footage to shove in the face of every doubter I've ever encountered), it is still a huge jump to say 'No Crystal Clear VISUAL evidence' proves there are no such thing.

Bad argument.
edit on 10/14/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

It is my opinion that human beings are not the only intelligent life forms in existence. This is due to personal experience (which I can't prove, so I don't bother trying to). And I wholeheartedly believe in extra-dimensional entities. Nevertheless, I am yet to believe that there are other physical beings, flying around in tin buckets. Not only because I believe that travelling the universe in a tin bucket is ridiculous, but because non one has ever taken footage of one. And out of the ones there are footage of, why do they look like the UFO's from 50's alien movies? What's the deal with that?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by constant_thought
there was a similar thread like this not too long ago (a couple of months ago maybe) and anything which gets posted here will undoubtedly have been posted already on that one. The only one I can think of that fits the bill was the UFO filmed for like 2 days running and it was over a lake or something and SUPPOSEDLY you could see figures in the windows but im sure you have probably seen this as most have. If not i'll have a look for a link

constant_thought

Yes, but that wasn't a day after October 13th, which is why I am posting this today.
edit on 14-10-2010 by m1star76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by m1star76

Originally posted by merryxmas

If you provide me with footage of an object that is doing a turn, that is obviously not of known human design, that is not just a light, blob or blur, I will not scream hoax. If you provide it to me with two camera angles, I will be even more impressed.

Now, if you'd be so kind, can you go and find me a video that was shot from two cameras, to prove your point? I'll let you know if I think it's a hoax or not.

My point has been proven a thousand times over with every UFO video that has ever surfaced here. You have some that are quality videos and others that are poor. And even if I had video of a UFO shot from multiple angles by more than one camera (which I don't) I would post it here and I'm sure what I said earlier will hold true to the nth degree. But my point wasn't to show you the theoretical multiple angled video it was to show you the same bickered to death, dreadful outcome of your request where you are asking for a perfect scenario with perfect witnesses ready to perfectly film this thing. Which I'm sure you understood the impossibility of your request as you put "(and impossible)" in the headlines.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Couldn't agree with you more. There are some people here who just want to believe so badly they miss the trees from the forest. I don't think your thread was started to say there was no such thing as Aliens / UFOs, its just saying how about ONE full proof video.

The people who just jumped down your throat on this are those who have no other life than a fantasy world of aliens coming to earth. I believe we are not the only intelligent life forms in the universe, but I'm like you and would love to see the REAL proof. I'm also sick of blobs, lights, blurs, ect. The more stuff like that out there the less I pay attention to it.

I would like to see a video as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Couldn't agree with you more. There are some people here who just want to believe so badly they miss the trees from the forest. I don't think your thread was started to say there was no such thing as Aliens / UFOs, its just saying how about ONE full proof video.

The people who just jumped down your throat on this are those who have no other life than a fantasy world of aliens coming to earth. I believe we are not the only intelligent life forms in the universe, but I'm like you and would love to see the REAL proof. I'm also sick of blobs, lights, blurs, ect. The more stuff like that out there the less I pay attention to it.

I would like to see a video as well.

Yeah, and that's why I am saying this:

Not interested in anyone stories or beliefs. I'm waiting for the footage..

Someone send me a PM when it arrives, because I wont be paying much attention to everyones dribble, and I might miss the footage in the middle of it all.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

How can something be "obviously" not made by humans? Does that sound like a reasonable request, "obviously non-human?" What would be an obviously non-human feature of such an object?

Of course there is no ideal smoking gun youtube video that provides irrefutable proof of ETs. You must know that; you can search for the same videos as everyone else. If that kind of proof of ETs existed, you would know about it. If you're a hard core skeptic, you're not going to be compelled into believing by an internet video. You can never rule out CG, and more often than not the video is such that the size, speed, distance, and even shape of the object in question cannot be determined with certainty. The best you'll do is find something you can't explain, which is a far cry from proof of ETs.

The more interesting approach to this problem is to try to answer the question of how to explain the UFO reports by people like military officers, astronauts, and professional pilots. Many of these reports defy conventional explanation. Again, all we can be certain of is that we have something unexplained on our hands, but the number of possible explanations is limited. In some of these cases, like Rendlesham Forest or the Battle of Los Angeles, it's hard to discount the ET explanation. For many people, no better alternative explanation is conceivable. How do you explain these events?

All that being said, I think LunaCognita might be the best source of the kinds of videos that you're interested in. Here is his channel, and here is one of his better videos.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Fair comment, but it's not necessarily the case that all footage is on youtube -- or anywhere else easily accessible online, for that matter. There are other ways to store footage online without making it so public, but still in a form that can be shared at the choice of the one who possesses the footage.

Just saying...

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Well said and great link. Cool videos I haven't seen before, at least. I gave you a star.

The thing is the OP wants perfection handed to him on a silver platter. I doubt he is going to even read your response, unfortunately.

Originally posted by m1star76
Someone send me a PM when it arrives, because I wont be paying much attention to everyones dribble, and I might miss the footage in the middle of it all.

The OP is "looking" but he isn't actually willing to look. Kind of a catch 22 no?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Fair shout, let's see what turns up
I hope there is some compelling evidence

CT

top topics

<<   2 >>

join