It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanomedicine Art Gallery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I found this site pretty interesting. I for one have never really pondered the subject of nanobots thoroughly but it seems fascinating.

Here is a pretty detailed site that speaks for itself, thought I would share it with everyone.

www.foresight.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Hey snowen20! Cool stuff, a whole new medium in a sense!
Thanks for bringing it onboard!
Speaking of artsy worlds of micro, check this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for the link to the other thread, those were great images.
As for the ones I linked to, I thought people would find in interesting to see the concept designs of what science is developing. Especially nano machines which are most often heard but not seen. Sometimes when we get to see the engineering that goes into something so small it is easy to be amazed.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Ya know I really didn't consider that, I was appreciating the aesthetics. But yes, the designing and engineering of nano machines is mind boggling! Not only is the size and complexity amazing but the assembly of these things...well, it blows my mind!
What percentage of these is theoretical and what is now in practice, do you think?

spec

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well I appreciate the aesthetics as well, I went to design school and I appreciate conceptual art ad engineering, so for me I have a like for the mechanics of the product.

As far as what is currently operational....jeeez ya know I cant really say. I know they have some pretty impressive things that have been created, but from what I understand most of them are merely component parts.

For example they may have built a motor using atoms or something but cant find a practical usage for it. Or microscopic tank like treads that cling to any surface using static but again lack a proper reason for utilizing it as of yet.
There is one that I never heard of before I saw it on that site called "The Chrysalis" Which works in a very strange way surrounding each cell in the human body and essentially bloating the person to 10 times their normal size whilst simultaneously repairing all damage. For example used in anti aging.

Of course That type is probably a remote concept and one that by the time it is applicable is also obsolete.
Beyond that I cant say what is and is not actually in practice at the moment.

There are some great free books on it though at the following link:
www.rfreitas.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Holy bio-med-morph Batman!
Such powerful imagery, I love seeing things that have never been conceptualized within my brain.

Talk about a tool that could either lift humanity or destroy all life as we know it! Such abilities this tech will bring is almost godlike and reminds me of the notion that we can not handle such power, kind of like the movie Sphere, where the crew that been exposed to alien technology developed the ability to manifest thoughts, and in the end decided to humanity was not yet ready for the gift.

I realize it is inevitably coming to fruition, and we will stand to benefit from it medically no doubt, but the pace it will obtain thereafter, coupled with computing advances we are in the midst of, may be a crazy ride into some funky sci-fi like living. I am grateful to see some wondrous utilization of imagination in these works, and a testament to the importance of visualization and art.

Thanks for the book link

Speaking of art, check my sigs if ya get a chance

spec

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No kidding right?

Yeah I believe that nano machines may be the cure all for what ails you in the future, but Im also considering what happens when such machines work together like ants and have the combined intelligence of a person.

In such an extreme example a few trillion Intelligent atoms get loose then set off assimilating every atom on earth until everything is now part of the nano collective. Sure everything looks exactly he same but it is now smart and seemingly alive. Whats worse....it is calling itself God. LOL What to do what to do.

They are everywhere know everything and maybe have even assimilated you but you are none the wiser. Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I guess resistance would be futile....

top topics

join