It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a break from the internet to find myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Looks like I ended up in the trap I never wanted to get myself into again. This time it took forever to admit and it hurt! Gosh! Sorry for all the drama but I just rediscovered I have feelings and a brain. I have been butt munch. Literally! The person who you comment is a fragment of himself. A copycat and I hate it! This is pretty much my whole life! I need to find myself. But when I do find something interesting I want to be like someone else! Not learn from them. But be them. Gosh I'm a ranter. I need a break from being online pretty much 24/7. Can someone tell me what I can do with a limited amount of money and a lot of time on my hand?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Try reading some good epic books, help you get out of your head for a while and into someone elses. Go outside, take a walk or just sit and people watch. Try to get some exercise if possible, I don't know your situation, but that usually helps balance out your energy and emotions. Try and find an unusual hobby, take up amature astronomy, you could probably start with stellarium and a pair of second-hand binoculars. Do some volunteer work, you'll feel great getting out of the house. Find something you absolutly love, and throw yourself into it completly.

Take a break from the internet, but not for too long, I will miss your comentary.

Good Luck,

Hats
edit on 10/12/2010 by Hatcookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Man, I know the feeling.
I think I've actually found the other end of the internet.
I found myself a couple of times dragging my laptop over only to look at the Google page wondering where I was going. I need to remind myself to break away and physically make something.
My problem these days is looking online for some inspiration to create something. I am in a rut, so I use the internet when I should look elsewhere.

I have other reasons for my rut, but this the internet isn't helping.

Do you have hobbies or something new that interests you?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Get outside and experience nature. Read a great book and lose yourself in the pages for a while. Learn a nature craft where most items are free to use. Listen to your intuition. Breathe deep. Meditate. Listen to some inspiring music. Write a story.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Exercise. Get the lungs working after being shallow breathing for so long and to get the muscles back into shape to start with.

Next, is find some like-minded people in your area, a club or group of some kind so that you get out regularly and meet new people.

Meditate. Set aside an hour or so "Me Time" at the same time each day and get into meditating simply.

Here are some links to very easy, simplified meditations I used and have been teaching to groups for over 10 years.

Basic and best method.. White Light Inside

Next step to finding your real Self... Meeting the Higher Self

Those two are simply brilliant meditations to do daily and they work for the vast majority of people who experiment with them regularly, and who take their experiences as pointing further direction for you to explore.

edit on 12-10-2010 by Tayesin because: dyslexic typing fingers make mistakes

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

For myself, taking a hike in the woods does wonders for me. Just stopping then and sitting and listening and looking....

Also the library. Free books to learn, escape, excite -- whatever.

Do what YOU enjoy. Not what you think others want you to, but what you like and enjoy.

edit on 10/12/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What you have stated means that you are growing and that's a good thing.

Visit a park or forest and just lay back and watch nature. It does wonders for me.

Also growing a plant or garden is good for the soul.

You may have information overload and need to rest and refocus your thoughts.

I've been where you are. You will come out of this and be more wise and with a new understanding of yourself.

Fly spirit fly. When you get it all in place you will be ready for the next step in your quest.

We grow in stages.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds it rather amusing the OP claims to need a break from the internet and then created a thread to discuss it....

~meathead

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

I do to! I have actually gotten worse in my habit. Don't bash the internet. it will take over you and then become you!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You racka disciprine

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Reading books
Exercise
Walking in nature
Free stuff (museums and so on, in the uk anyway)
Write some short stories or poetry
reconnect with old friends
do some voluntary work/charity work
Join a drama or music group

And I hear what you're saying, I've been trying to not come online as much, I need a break too.
I come on mainly at work.
I've been coming to ATS, and the internet in general much less though.

top topics

join