It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Quick question, as I may be missing something here, the story of Noah's ark says that two of each animal should be brought on board, a male and a female.

This is presumably to continue the existence of the animal kingdom, but if male pig for example breeds with female pig and has an offspring, who does that offspring breed with?

Am I missing something?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I always thought this is why we were all "brothers and sisters"

Seriously, I have heard some say that it had to do with DNA instead of physical animals.

The truth: "We may never know"

(IE More than three.)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Well that's what I was thinking, the last time I checked God wasn't too keen on incestuous relationships

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
yeah thats what happens when you try and use science to prove a fairy tale.

...It just doesn't work

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
if i recall correctly, on QI ( a British TV programme ) , there was talk that not all animals went in pairs?

see

www.noahs-ark-flood.com...

cant say i believe any of it anyway

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
yeah thats what happens when you try and use science to prove a fairy tale.

...It just doesn't work

I'm not a Christian and I don't believe in the majority of the stories told in the Bible, plenty of my previous posts will back that up, to put it simply I'm watching a film on TV that's a comedy parody of the tale of Noah's Ark and a simple contradiction to the story, one that I have never even contemplated before, sparked my interest...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The offspring bred with other animals of the same species. More than likely the flood wasn't a worldwide but localized flood meaning there would have been other animals and of the same species in areas that weren't affected by the flood.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Blasphemer! Just kidding.

Yeah the Bible "stories" all sound well and good -- until one thinks, that is.
edit on 10/12/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
The offspring bred with other animals of the same species. More than likely the flood wasn't a worldwide but localized flood meaning there would have been other animals and of the same species in areas that weren't affected by the flood.

But I understood the great flood to mean:

Noah's Ark (Hebrew: תֵּבַת נֹחַ‎, Tavat No'ach) is the vessel which, according to the Book of Genesis (chapters 6-9) and the Quran (surah hud), was built by Noah at God's command to save himself, his family, and the world's animals from a worldwide deluge

Link:en.wikipedia.org...'s_Ark
edit on 12/10/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Some people believe that Noah's ark was more of a storage place for DNA of every species
on the planet. IT was more of an Archive and not really a "ship" for sailing.

This makes more sense than 2 of each actually animal.

Do you realize how long it would take Mr Noah to collect a pair of every animal.

And I think for your point, a lot of animals are incestuous. Remember, the bible has never, ever ,ever,ever been proven to be true. NO ONE has ever come up with proof.

I would go with a DNA bank by an advanced civilization.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Blasphemer! Just kidding.

Yeah the Bible "stories" all sound well and good -- until one thinks, that is.

I must admit that I'm pretty shocked at myself for not realising such a simple contradiction up until this point...

Definitely makes you wonder!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The"story" of "Noah's ark" has been around for centuries in many different cultures. Like I have stated a million times before, the Bible stories are not all meant to be taken literally.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'm sure back in the day you would think your little country is the whole world since many didn't travel very far from where they were born.

I doubt they could comprehend just how big the world was and the many differant types of places there was out there. So I can see why they would think a big flood encompassed the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I believe the Bible is factual, as I've mentioned above.

I'm just slightly shocked that I've never had this question about Noah's Ark before, and besides, what would be the probablility that such a large amount of incestuous animal relationships would result in successful breeding?

Just a thought experiment guys, I'm not one too big on Christianity...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

So are you saying Jesus didn't raise from the dead?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Quick question, as I may be missing something here, the story of Noah's ark says that two of each animal should be brought on board, a male and a female.

This is presumably to continue the existence of the animal kingdom, but if male pig for example breeds with female pig and has an offspring, who does that offspring breed with?

Am I missing something?

That's why we tuck this away neatly under the entire bible fairy book. (I do believe there have been massive floods that plagued Earth though)

Sheesh, if we talk about aliens, Loch Ness monster or BigFoot.....we are called nut and those labeled myths. But when religions talk about their far-fetched stories, they're considered holy and labeled as miracles.

Now I ask you, whose playing who for a fool? I'll believe in Sasquatch way before I embrace Virgin Mary.

Got 2 hours? Watch Zeitgeist!

edit on 12-10-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

The"story" of "Noah's ark" has been around for centuries in many different cultures. Like I have stated a million times before, the Bible stories are not all meant to be taken literally.

So what exactly are they meant to be taken for?

Subjective interpretations?

Surely, that discredits everything wrote in the Bible?

Who gets to choose what is real and what isn't?

I'm pretty sure I could take a passage from the Bible and twist it to suit an action performed by me that would be illegal and negative thus the words of the Bible are redundant?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'll watch it my friend, been meaning to do so for a while now!

Like I've already mentioned, I'm not a Christian, just interested in peoples opinions on this

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

That is a loooong topic and discussion for another time
. I believe the "word" and that is the important thing

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well the effect in animals could be minimal. there have been cases like the Joseph Fritz case who had sex with his daughter loads of times and fathered her children. They turned out ok....the children Im talking about. No real deformities or retardation.

Maybe animals are the same. No real retardation or deformities. IN humans we are not predisposed to sleep or procreate with family and this I think stems from the bible and religion.

However, many cases show no ill effect. Im not saying people should go jump their sisters, please do not.

If animals do happen to spawn a retarded or deformed offspring then I think it will be left to fend for its self.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join