It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US physics professor: 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

still don't see and ice age link there, just a bit of copy and paste about the actual calander, I think the Mayans where after the last ice age so I still see no link between man made pollution and emviromental cycles .

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
While mankind does of course have an impact on environmental pollution, just the fact that temperatures are rising on other planets and moons around the solar system at the same time as The Earth should be enough data to show global warming people that this is a regular event caused by activity on the SUN, not restricted to the 20th and 21st centuries.

I don't deny that global climate change is happening. I do deny that mankind has EVER been able to influence planetary weather either towards the heat or the cold.

In the 1970's all the data showed that during the 1950's and 1960's the planet was cooling down. "Well respected scientists" made documentaries lamenting about the impending doom of global cooling. Suddenly, in the 1990's and 2000's, all of the data now mysteriously shows that the planet was heating up in the 1950's and 1960's, and now all of the "well respected scientists" are putting their names to documents lamenting about the impending doom of global warming.

You can't have it both ways people.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camtheconspiracyman
reply to post by 547000

I was just saying that even if global warming wasn't real there might be another thing that CO2 does to the atmosphere that we don't know about. A more gradual cause.

Like making plants grow faster?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by bronwyn82

What does a physics professor know about global warming?

Does this make him a meteorologist?

Have you checked the credentials of the "3500 scientists" who have confirmed that global warming is real?

There aren't many meteorologists amongst them, either.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
WOW!

One? ONE PROFESSOR IS SAYING GLOBAL WARMING IS A LIE? Good God, ATS! We've got to get ready! A Physics professor is saying that global warming is a fraud!

And to think we listen to the National Academy of Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Science about how global warming can become a future threat!

Yes, this ONE PROFESSOR SURELY IS LEADING A REVOLUTION!

I like your sarcasm, but sometimes, it only takes one.

In the Middle Ages, only ONE man said that the Earth was round, despite EVERY other scientist agreeing it was flat.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Forget the 'sarcasm', the poster's entire conjecture is based upon a logical fallacy, Appeal to Numbers.

It's completely invalid as written.

Just sayin..

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

WOW!

One? ONE PROFESSOR IS SAYING GLOBAL WARMING IS A LIE? Good God, ATS! We've got to get ready! A Physics professor is saying that global warming is a fraud!

And to think we listen to the National Academy of Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Science about how global warming can become a future threat!

In the Middle Ages, only ONE man said that the Earth was round, despite EVERY other scientist agreeing it was flat.

Actually that's false. Many more than one man claimed the earth to be round... just one got the credit for pushing the issue.

If you are so wrong about something so simple as this... imagine how wrong you are about global warming being fake?

Hard to trust you now...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

When I see graphs like the one below, it's pretty clear temperatures are rising as well as CO2. Maybe there isn't a direct correlation between CO2 and rising temps, which means we are even more clueless as to what is happening. But we know CO2 is a greenhouse gas which traps more heat in the atmosphere but it may be more complex.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13e3a3db2082.gif[/atsimg]

Some one mention the decline in temperatures in the 1950-1970s, one article attributes this to quote "The slight downward trend in temperature from about 1945 until about 1975 is due to the increase in Sulfate Aerosols (SO4), largely produced by burning coal that contains sulfur. These cool the earth, and their increase during these years largely canceled the increase in CO2 during the same period. "

source: zfacts.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

you know whats the best thing for us to do to fix everything?

lets create a world organization and a co2 cap system, that every trade processes gives millions to my organization

if global warming is a sham or not, well, we dont know ... but that they are using GW as a way to explore more the people in this planet, yes, they are

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The true reason for this scam is to fool us into being negative towards all that is green so taht we would never stop consuming the oil and making the elite rich.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I can already see this thread is getting nowhere fast. How about this, whether or not the Earth is getting warmer, or colder - the point is the climate has been doing some really crazy stuff a lot recently; such as floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanoes erupting, etc. There's even a new story on ATS about discovering new artifacts in Norway because of ice melting...

It doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to realize pollution is a bad thing.

Now, if say the emission levels of the United States is only contributing say... .00000000000000000000001% to the earth's climate change - guess what, it's still contributing to the earth's climate change. Is just me or does it seem more like people are basically just saying "The Earth's climate is going to change anyway no matter what we do, so what difference does it make?" I mean, let's be real. Obviously the climate of any planet in the entire UNIVERSE is going to change at some point over the next gazillion years... This same kind of attitude is what got us into so many problems in the first place, you know like being in debt by 13 trillion dollars (or whatever the number is now) "Oh well who cares, I'll be dead and gone by the time anything happens anyway."

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by babybunnies

WOW!

Actually that's false. Many more than one man claimed the earth to be round... just one got the credit for pushing the issue.

If you are so wrong about something so simple as this... imagine how wrong you are about global warming being fake?

Hard to trust you now...

good logic

thats the logic of someone who lives in a cave my friend ...

nobody knows everything, so, you are saying that everything you ever told anyone is a definite truth? so, if you told something that was wrong, then it means everything you say is wrong ...

but really, nobody knows if global warming is fake or not, thats not really the point

we need to improve the way we deal with the planet, but to do a system where the rich get richer is not the solution and thats what most people are missing

now, evaluate my logic

1 - the planet is dying
2 - al gore invents a great system to solve the problem
3 - al gore and other people profit from the system that will save the planet

Ok, according to this video

and its critique

The system that Al gore planned wont solve the problem, but get some rich people more richer

So, I conclude that a or b are true

a) al gore and all those guys are crazy, since they created a flawed system that will kill the planet

b) al gore and those guys created a virtual problem, so they could profit

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Their are floors to the cap n trade system, and I dont fully understand it.

But a carbon tax is much simpler, tax the polluters, and use the money to fund renewable energy. Then when its all renewable energy it'd be all good. The problem being, who is the govt going to tax? how big is the tax going to be? where will they spend the money? and how much cushioning will their be for the average joe?

These are the questions.

I'd happily pay a few extra cents a litre for petrol and a bit extra on my power bill - IF - I knew in 2 years time I could buy affordable solar panels for my roof and the price of an electric car was subsidised.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

If I learned anything at all in science class, it's that plants take in Carbon Dioxide and release Oxygen thru a little process called Photosynthesis. People take in Oxygen and release Carbon Dioxide.

More people and less plants = more carbon dioxide and less oxygen = the greenhouse effect.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The evidence is there, the planet's warmth is increasing. But are many profiting off this? Absolutely. Al Gore is no better than someone making money off doom prophecies.

However, the truth is that we don't know if we're causing Global Warming or not. Are we stopping it? No. Do we know how to prevent it? No. We don't even though we think we have all the answers.

Global Warming is something you can profit from tremendously, that's all we know.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I read the first 2 pages more or less, and only saw one post that barely touched on the issue of the sun, not CO2 buildup being the majority cause of rising earth temperatures.

www.livescience.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

WARNING:!?!: ( If mistake made in linking, apologizes
"

Haven't posted much, a shell has been opened to new possibilities and opportunities, find it fascinating that from what I've read on this thread barely a mention of other worldly planets temps rising. Just a quick link or two. Could be right, could be wrong, that's why we're ALL entitled to our opinions no matter how wrong.

*Disclaimer, first two google searches* I'd say NatGeo worthy?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Ah yes.. Galileo - the same guy that was condemmed by the Catholic Church, tried by the Inquisition, then spent the next 10 years of his life under house arrest (when he died in 1642).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

but you won't reap the benefits of your reward with a price on carbon, because they will find more and more to tax you on because won't stop, third world countries will still use more and more and be subsidized by the west and as their populations are growing faster they will need more injected to reduce their demand.

As it stands, India, China are the manufacturers anyway and they will not be hitting their industry with high taxes as it will stifle growth, you will be the one who pays the most and receive the least from this tax, so those few extra cents you pay will be compounded.
1 loaf of bread
flour purchased + carbon tax
other ingredients + carbon tax
Baking time + carbon tax
delivery + carbon tax
Retailer + carbon tax
take it home for an extra few cents + your carbon tax
and then when you toast it add some more carbon tax,
expelling toast after digestion? Toilet paper + carbon tax

the list goes on, its not a few cents here or there bau trather many times will the tax be added.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You're right, there is nothing wrong with paying for cleaner energy. But the issue is the tax % the government is going to set.

That's the main fear for a lot of nonbelievers of Global Warming. They just don't feel like paying. They never wanna pay for anything really lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

However, the truth is that we don't know if we're causing Global Warming or not.

ABSOLUTELY false!!! The only thing we know for SURE is it appears to be getting warmer. The other things we know for sure are:

1. The surface temperatures of other planets in our Solar System are warming as well.

2. The other planets do not have humans on them.

The logical response is the Sun is burning hotter! Al gore and others would have a strong case if the other planets in our Solar System were NOT also gradually warming.

Wake up folks, you're being hoodwinked.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join