It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop claims NYPD had him committed for being a whistleblower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I kept comming up with an error page when using the search function. If this has aleady been posted, mods can remove.

"Parts of his story — like the deputy chief's foul-mouthed order to have him hauled out of his home — might sound sketchy. But there's one thing: It's all on tape."

"His description of being taken in handcuffs to a psychiatric ward that night suggests the nation's largest police force could have a vindictive underbelly.

He claims that cops risk retribution when they try, as he did, to blow the whistle on supervisors' faking of crime statistics to make the stats look better."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
When there is corruption in our own police forces, where does that leave us? There are too many weird things happening in todays world. What ever happened to honesty and morals? This poor police officer was trying to do the right thing and look at what happened to him! I am glad that he is fighting this case and hope that many others will come forward.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Good find dude.

SECOND LINE!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm not a dude, but glad you liked the thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Great thread Dudette,
I bet he has hours of tape to proceed and prevail with the case.
He's a true American.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
He is indeed a true American and we need more like him. I am anxious to see what comes of this and how many more officers will come forward.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"After what he describes as a frightening, involuntary hospital stay, he was suspended from the force. He's gone into self-exile in upstate New York while his lawyer pursues a $50 million civil rights lawsuit against the city. Schoolcraft has of late been on a crusade, doing multiple interviews and starting a website, www.schoolcraftjustice.com, to promote his cause and encourage other officers to report misconduct. His story was first reported in the New York Daily News, after which the Village Voice published a series of articles."

top topics

join