It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK aid worker Linda Norgrove killed in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KDM_Souljah

Your issues seem to be that as she was British the SAS should have been sent to rescue her and that she was (apparently) head of a US aid organisation with $150M to spend and may / may not have had security with her.

Why are these issues?

The special forces used were probably those in situ at the time. We do not know if she had security with her and if so whether it was they who “sold her out”. We know very little of the circumstances of her abduction. The fact that she was leading projects just meant that she was in the firing line and a coupe for those backward Taliban who want Afghanistan to remain in the Dark Ages, although the fact that she was a senior official may have been incidental as quite a few aid workers have been kidnapped.

Regards

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
you dont put people like her in situations without the proper backup,she is a VIP as far as im concerned ,the fact there has been no information about what measures where in place to protect her is a little suspicious, you cant count afgan security forces as proper security for this woman, half the time their moslty stoned on hashish and opium and desert all the time and this is very much published and critisized all around the world, and i do think the SAS should have been used , they are the best becuase of there proven track record in matters like these which again is very publisized in the military world.
also the bbc presenter that day when they reported on it said that afgan forces where involved in the operation itself verbaly but in the report on the website very little is said about what the afgan roll was, i hate to think the afgans where involved in this becuase they cant organise who the heck's gonna roll the next joint never mind life or death operations, i suppose they made the tea and fetched a few rolls for the boys

why is there no debate about what the locals said on the matter , they where saying look we'll get her back dont do anything hasty or rash and its very southing to know that david cameron and william hague where informed what was goin on, the idots should have been sitting at the red telephone listening to whats goin on as it was happening

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Poor girl was killed by a suicide vest.

But i agree that the SAS should have been used instead, but either way you can't predict these things. Maybe she had been sold to a gang or tribe that were notorious for slaying hostages?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
David Cameron in a press conference has said that General David Petraeus told him this morning that following a review of the operation, Linda’s death may have resulted from a grenade detonated by the US special forces.

I don't know what to say..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So it seems now she was killed by a rescuers grenade. thats it we can safely say american special forces are dumb, seriously ppl, i was always told that in hostages situations standard kit include stun and flash grenade or sumthing that does both like a concusiion grenade and on entry off a room you dont even aim your gun, you just hip fire becuase it quicker. only thing i can say in their defence is least they had the guts too try, as my goverment obviously let this woman down.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
David Cameron in a press conference has said that General David Petraeus told him this morning that following a review of the operation, Linda’s death may have resulted from a grenade detonated by the US special forces.

I don't know what to say..

Have they not heard of stun grenades and flash bangs? I thought using explosives in close proximity to hostages was a no-no...?

Damn..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
once the goverment has had enough time to get its story the way it wants, american and uk, i think we might be told sumthing diffrent,you know theyve made an error sumwhere in the story, its on the bbc a statement from william hague, so im gonna see if it comes back on what his version of avents are.

ohh and before i forget, the brittish SAS are the best and al show you why

www.youtube.com... a very gd watch

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
From the BBC article: "That evidence and subsequent interviews with the personnel involved suggest that Linda could have died as a result of a grenade detonated by the task force during the assault. However, this is not certain and a full US/UK investigation will now be launched."

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This report on yahoo now uk.news.yahoo.com...

Friendly fire.................I think there is still a lot more to come out about this story, and maybe more about who,exactly, the hostage was.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join