It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lucid Dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I had a really, really strange lucid dream in the early hours of this morning and thought I'd share it here, for any of those who haven't heard of this topic:

A lucid dream, in simplest terms, is a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. The term was coined by the Dutch psychiatrist and writer Frederik van Eeden (1860–1932).[1] Lucid dreaming has been researched scientifically, and its existence is well established.[2][3]

Link: Lucid Dream

Okay lets get started, I've known for a while now that I've experienced Lucid dreams before; I remember one in particular where I suddenly became aware I was dreaming and actually had some control of what I did in the dream, in this instance I "woke up" in the dream and decided I wanted to fly.

In my previous Lucid dreams I've had some degree of control but it's always been limited, for example I may be able to perform a particular movement or action but after that I lose the control and the dream goes into a regular dream.

Early this morning I woke up at approx 4:15AM and decided to go for a cigarette before going back to bed, I lay there tossing and turning for about an hour and couldn't get back to sleep so I went for another cigarette in my living room.

It was quite peaceful sitting there looking out of the window into the darkness and listening to the sound of the wind and after I finished my cig I felt that I'd be able to go back to sleep so I, once again, went back to bed.

After more tossing and turning and generally feeling uncomfortable I finally felt like I was nodding off, I could see weird shapes and colours with my eyes closed (completely normal) and started to relax.

Now this is where I'm unsure, I drifted off into a dream but at the same time I still felt like I was awake, it was a pretty strange feeling because common sense states that you cannot be awake and asleep at the same time.

I'm not going to go into all the details of the dream (some parts are private
) but I will list the parts that I think are relevant here on ATS.

By the way, at this point I'd just like to remind you that for the first time ever I had complete control of everything I was doing in the dream, it really was like the dream was actually happening in real life. It sort of felt like when you've had a bit too much to drink and you know your still in reality so to speak, but everythings a little hazy.

I will also add that I had consumed a fair bit of alcohol last night after a stressful week so I'm not sure if that contributed to the experience.

Anyways, I dreamt of some mundane things such as walking around my flat, speaking to my neighbors and some other more unusual things such as meeting people that I've not spoken to in a long, long time.

Most dreams don't usually make much sense as it's said that a dream is a combination of the thoughts/experiences/emotions felt by an individual during the day and they become interwined in the mind.

The parts that I thought were interesting were at one point I dreamt of being on top of some sort of futuristic floating platform in the sky, it reminded like of something you would see on Minority Report, it was surrounded by some sort of force field I presume and I was manning a strange looking weapon station which in the dream I knew was some sort of laser cannon.

I'd embed a picture but after having a look on Google I can't find anything remotely similiar to what I dreamt and unfortunately my graphics skills are non-existant.

The second thing that was pretty interesting was I dreamt I was in a flat, not my flat however, and as I'm sitting there looking through the window some sort of alien crafts passes by at extremely short range, so short in fact that I'm able to see each and every individual window, it sort of looked like a the front of a skyscraper but in a triangle shape and obviously much smaller.

Throughtout the whole experience I still felt awake and at one point I decided to wake up, however when I closed my eyes I went straight back into the dream, after speaking to my girlfriend she suggested maybe I was in a very light sleep however I haven't mentioned the lucid part to her.

That's it guys, let me point out that I'm not stating that I had a paranormal experience or that I was abducted by aliens etc I'm absolutely certain what experienced was a lucid dream, just thought I'd share the experience on here with you guys.

It was actually a fantastic experience and I fully enjoyed it, at one point I felt like I had my own matrix type world where I could create whatever scenario I wanted!

I'm a little disappointed though because I doubt I'll get to experience that type of dream again any time soon but I'm definitely going to research Lucid dreaming techniques, I want to do that again!

Feel free to add your thoughts/opinions/questions....

Cheers,

Edit: I just wanted to add that I'm not making any type of prediction or prophecy (we've had enough of those recently) regarding the alien parts of the dream, I'm simply including them because I thought they were interesting to people here on ATS.

I'm also pretty sure that the alien sections of the dream probably come from something I've read on here but like I said I'm focusing more on the actual lucid dream experience rather than the contents.
edit on 9/10/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Cool dream dude. Your dream style reminds me of this movie I saw ages ago waking life:

Regardind the content of your dream, thats really cool too. Made me think of the jetsons that old cartoon.
Seems like more than an average dream to me, maybe if you think more on it, it will give you some revelation
about life or yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Yeah, I'd definitely say it was more than average, I can't include all the details because some of them are private however your right in saying if I think more about the dream it may give me some sort of revelation/s about myself.

I'm pretty sure I know where certain parts of the dream came from and what they mean but not so sure about the parts with the alien references although they probably come from reading this site!

Pretty strange you mentioning the Jetsons because thinking about it, that's probably a near enough spot on description, I haven't watched that cartoon in a long time though

edit on 9/10/10 by Death_Kron because: clarity of text

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
how come i never have lucid dreams

i do see a lot of none-sense image in the dark when my eyes are close
and then i sleep .. and wake up .. with 95% of my memories coming from my dreams wipe out clean
i have only a few small glimpse but its rare
when i remember something .. its very odd ... i did have weird dreams in the past .. and i though they were real
but like the expression .. sometime they were to good to be true .. or the opposite

after seeing 'the last air bender' ... which by the way .. is a awesome movie
the little guy have reached Cat 6 for sure lol
always the same soul reincarnated in another body
he meditated deeply to have lucid dreams to speak with the spirit and have signs
maybe dreams are strange for a reason .. they help us ... looking for the good sign
i know when i see a signs and there is many in life
a proof that we must keep faith

im turning 29 today .. just another day for me
the best present would be .. that everyone on earth discover spirituality in themself

its the only chance to save earth and everyone on it
hope its not to late :S

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Happy birthday ben! Hope you had a good day bro.

I never have lucid dreams either
I dream of really random stuff and when I wake up I forget what I was dreaming about lol

Last night I dreamt that I was trying to revive a dog from the dead wtf is with that?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Happy Birthday mate, many happy returns.

I was thinking about meditation in connection to Lucid dreaming, I know I definitely felt like I was in a meditative; as I said it was like I was dreaming but still awake.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Welcome to the Astral plane!

If you enjoy and want to find out more of this i suggest reading Robert Monroe's work, or Robert Bruce or William Buhlman ( i think its spelled correctly).

This is something you can control after time.

Happy Birthday Ben!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Forgive my ignorance but how are the two connected?

Genuine question, I'll admit that I don't know much about astral projection and the like.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

When you go to sleep, you leave your body and enter the Astral plane. Some say its your spirit and others say its a duplicate of you. There are many different planes or dimensions.

When you dream you can realise that you are dreaming and can have an out of body experience.

Whats the end result?

That instead of you knowing you are dreaming but your surroundings are uncontrolable, in Astral projection you can also choose where you want to be.

I hope that explained it a bit, im only a beginner but its seems to me like you had an out of body experience.

If youre interested read those books, trust me you wont be disapointed

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yeah that explains it quite well, thanks for the heads up.

I'll try and get a copy of those books and do some research

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hey mate listen to this interview you might find it real helpful and interesting

I hope you find your answers

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Cheers, will do.

Just read something interesting on a website regarding astral projection and feel it's something that I need to add because I missed it out of the OP.

Several months ago whilst away in a hotel with work I was lying in bed at night trying to get to sleep, as I was drifting off each and everytime I thought I was finally falling asleep I'd feel a pulsing, wave like feeling go through my entire body.

Almost like being electrocuted but without the pain, I'll admit that it did scare me at the time as I was worried I had some sort of medical condition, it happened again on and off for a few months but eventually disappeared and I stopped worrying about it.

I had the exact same feeling this morning.

I've just read a website that says something along the lines of this feeling is your soul leaving your body.

Now I'm interested!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yep those are probably the vibrations that your body goes through before projecting. Alot of people get scared, i my self got paranoid lol

I feel it in my chest first then i concentrate on it.

I havent 'popped out' of my body, yet. But i have been extremely close.

I project during a dream.

Fatigue has alot to do with it. Relaxation is everything. If youre tired most likely youll fall asleep and wont remember.

Meditation is very good, like half hour a day of clearing your thought.

Havent you gone to bed before and cant stop thinking about things?

Thats cos the mind is overloaded. One of the things that prevent people from rememberring the projection.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well the feeling I get feels like a pulsing at my shoulders and move down my entire body, it's kind of like the feeling you get when your nodding off and then suddenly jump, feeling like you've fallen off a cliff but more of a wave, continous feeling.

Thing is, assuming that there definitely isn't a medical reason for what I'm feeling, why would I start getting it when I wasn't even attempting to astral project?

This is probably the first time I've ever looked into the topic.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Thats it! Thats the feeling. The first time it happend to me it happend accidently too! But worse because i ended up in sleep paralisis.

I was standing next to a door and i couldnt open it, my hand was going through it like a ghost or something and i panicked lol

Then without realising i was lying on the sofa where i was originally lying down and i couldnt move, i began to scream and no one in my house could hear me. It was very scary.

Then it happend again and thats when i decided to learn more.

I can definately say that this is one of the most important things in my life.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It's definitely a frightening feeling!

Anyways, cheers mate, I'm going to do some more research into the subject, you'll probably start noticing a few U2U's in your inbox with a few questions now and then, if you don't mind?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Anytime you want mate, it'll be my pleasure to help you in anything i can.

Enjoy the subject, i know you will.

I gave you S&F

I like this thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Nice one!

Thanks for the star and thread, right I'm off to do some researching. Be in contact soon

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

im turning 29 today .. just another day for me
the best present would be .. that everyone on earth discover spirituality in themself
its the only chance to save earth and everyone on it
hope its not to late :S

Big Happy Birthday, it is a big deal, it's the date you were born, my sister has a B'day today also.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I seems you have a good start at remembering and controlling the environment.

I agree with Dr Cosma. You get better control over your dreams in time.

I heard an Art Bell show over ten years ago about controlling your dreams. (I was tired of waking up only to remember 2% of my dream.Seems like a waste).It was probably about astral projection??
I decided to try it that night and was able to go where I wanted and fly too. Flying a couple hundred feet off the ground is scary, even when you know you are dreaming. I landed when I wanted and even asked people if they knew this was a dream. I remember most of my dreams now and control almost half of them.

I guess you could say I use my will power in my dreams to live the other half of my life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join