It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am poised on the cusp of something

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Since other people - people who are only after money and power - are ruining the planet, what can we do?

Think well of them.

I'm reminded of the words of Mussashi in the Book of Five Rings.
Something like... 'a servant that does nothing else besides think well of
his master, is a useful servant.'

Now I don't mean all that the way it sounds.

The Samurai story I heard that this saying is supposedly based on is the story of the 'blood dynasty', or 'blood book', I can't remember. It goes like this.

A servant of a great Samurai family was totally useless. He never did anything useful. One day the palace caught on fire. Everyone got out ok when the Lord cried out that the family book was still inside. It was an ancient record of every member of the family dynasty through time.

The useless servant ran into the burning palace and didn't come out.

In the morning they found his charred body curled up. Upon inspection they discovered that he had cut open his own belly and hidden the book inside. It was undamaged by fire, and just a little blood stained.

Gruesome story I know.
But after the fire it was roundly agreed that this was a faithful servant.

So consider...
If something does happen...
Will we preserve history, or seek vengeance.

Will we decide that now that the house is on fire,
it's a good time to axe all the lazy people?
What if we snuff out the useful one.

So you asked what can we do since they are ruining the planet.

I say 'think well of them.'

David Grouchy
edit on 9-10-2010 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

What is with some people!!

You state you cry over stuff good or bad and this means you are on the cusp of something big.

Because you can feel it. But no indication of what? Or are the tears clouding this feeling somewhat.

These people that claim they are something special. EGO

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I too am very much like yourself, I would like to wish all the best to you with the matter at hand...

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DSO

Hey, thanks DSO,

You are so right.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

Oh, life,

Why is it so hard?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Thanks, Grad,

Yes, I have realized that my love has spread far and wide and that is great.

And even though I always thought I was worthless, because of my upbringing, I now realize that I am helping a lot of people.

You are far from worthless - Your upbringing however has shaped you perfectly for the things you are here to do. Some of us experience horrors untold and some of us experience bliss that the world will rarely see.

This is humanity.

To truly know yourself is one of the most important things you could ever do with your time here.

However you make that possible: Meditation, Journeying, Plant spirits, ect. It will prove to be the most enlightening process you could ever embark upon and will likely pave the way to a more enjoyable experience.

Those who know themselves have found the source, the wellspring. Eventually these people will find one another and change the world for the better.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Years ago they called people who worried about the suffering of other living things "tenderhearted."

It always pissed me off. Why is it people who seem to have a heart and sensitivity are considered in some way unique or special? Why are all those tough cookies who can easily handle or even relish death and suffering or cruelty in all it's forms, to people, children and animals - these folks are considered the norm?
Give me a break.

You are the "normal" one and those cruel, heartless, and indifferent, do not even belong here.

Take heart...Soon I feel, the whole earth will be shaking them off like a bad case of fleas.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I agree with you we are on the cusp of something, you may just be getting vibes off of everyone else. Things are weird, I know people who developed mental powers, precognition, far viewing, soul reading...amazing things and they've told me they are on the cusp of evolving further, "waking up". Even weirder I've had psychic moments lately, sychronicity, and what I can only describe as speaking the truth. As for precognition I have two viable prophecies (lol) one there will be a war in the world and bombs dropped in western nations, but it's not the end. Two the next Canadian team to win the Stanley cup is the Edmonton oilers (damn it) and this will happen before the war. So watch the NHL for the signs lol

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Hi everyone,

You may know me or you may not.

I am one of those bleeding heart people who cry over the news - whether it be good or bad.

I have always been teased about that.

But I am a sensitive, and I can feel that I am poised on the cusp of something.

I would like it to be good, but I have a horrible feeling that it will be bad.

I am supposed to help. This is a heavy burden.

I don't think it's your crying that gets you teased by people, and yes even me on some of your threads. It's your timing and the vagueness of it, and the habit you have of being blunt about it, but getting right to the point of it.... For instance when you say "I am one of those bleeding heart people who cry over the news - whether it be good or bad."....... you assume that your the only one, or that good and bad news was not around before the invention of the TV....... Good and bad is a universal language of all things that live...though what one might consider "good", to another it might be considered "bad" and that is just among creatures that are similar like humans in relation with other humans, and you don't even want to think about what a non human might consider good in relation to a human...... There are many things that go on in this world that we are not aware of, just because of the fact that it's not in our sight...... Do you think that before TV was invented and centuries ago, that people on one continent wadered what people on another continent were doing? or even if there were other people out there in the world besides in there little villages and towns? do you wonder if one group considered the other "bad"? .... As for the poised on the cusp of something part...you could be right, and it sounds intresting but can you elaborate more on it?..... And you already healped me considere some things I never considered before. So I guess you healped me in a way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join