It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracking down the original note to property.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
First off I am not behind but I just want to see how many different hands my note went through and where the original is.

How do you go about tracking it down without being branded a troublemaker. (Okay I may be a little bit of a troublemaker.)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't know if it can be tracked. Everything was sliced and diced, and repackaged and sold, and repackaged and sold again.

The banks don't even know how to track them. Plus they did it off balance sheet!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Contact your lender.

Did they give you copies at the closing?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota Everything was sliced and diced,

I have heard that term before and I can't see them running a mortgage note through a shredder. Who holds ther original copy? Where would they store it?

Any members work in the mortgage industry?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here's a great place to start:

4closurefraud.org...

Sliced & diced: multiple mortgages of various grades were pooled together and as a pool rated AAA which was they sold off to investors in pieces.

I used the methods described in the link. Piece of cake and did it all on-line.
edit on 8-10-2010 by Scalded Frog because: to add last sentence.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That's a damn good suggestion previous poster.That site has been on this issue for a while now. Don't forget to check out the coverage at The Market Ticker and Zero Hedge as well.

To the op, a good place to start, is your local courthouse. Many states have recording laws that require stamps and or fees with each transfer of , but Recording laws vary wildly from state to state, so make sure you research that as well. The fees, stamps, and process are at the crux of the giant cluster fornication, once again brought to us by the TBTF financial "innovators".

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't say I'm in the mortgage industry so to speak, but I do buy the (mortgages) or notes from these lenders all the time. They do sell them in pools or one at a time depending on the value and time of the month. I would suggest to check your state laws, because the states I buy in I have to file the note paper work. You should be able to find it if you don't have a copy. Also if your mortgage (note) has been sold, you should receive a welcome package from the new owner of your mortgage.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
Also if your mortgage (note) has been sold, you should receive a welcome package from the new owner of your mortgage.

I read somewhere that the lendee has to (or may have the option) approve of the buyer of the note. True? False?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

That may be true. All of the notes I buy are non performing so the lenders are pretty motivated to sell them. I know a homeowner could also request that their note be sold to someone else. I have purchased some this way by having a deal worked out with the homeowner before hand. Then they send in a written request with my offer to purchase the note.

join