It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human aging slowed closer to the core+Expanding Earth Theory=Longer lived Humans in the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

It is impossible to prove, but still interesting to think about. That is why I posted it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Using the bible as the frame for the beginning he have people starting out with a long lifespan of hundreds of years, with the scientific study we can surmise that it may have been because the Earth was smaller back then.

The earth then began expanding and eventually humans has an average lifespan of around 30 years. With the growth of civilization and the passage of time humans now have a lifespan of around 75 years and it's still rising.

Wouldn't that mean by this threads logical supposition, that the Earth is contracting again?
edit on 10/8/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet
Are you saying humans lived with dinosaurs?
I'm not seeing your point here. Explain more!

And just because you mentioned it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Using the bible as the frame for the beginning he have people starting out with a long lifespan of hundreds of years, with the scientific study we can surmise that it may have been because the Earth was smaller back then.

The earth then began expanding and eventually humans has an average lifespan of around 30 years. With the growth of civilization and the passage of time humans now have a lifespan of around 75 years and it's still rising.

Wouldn't that mean by this threads logical supposition, that the Earth is contracting again?

No in the Bible Adam lived to be 900 not 30. So no. We also know that Native Americans and other "Primitive" tribes lived lives equal to ours.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Reality of Primitive peoples lifespan

Very comparable to ours I'd say....

This was after then the addition of quality of life

quality of life adjustment
edit on 8/10/10 by Shadowed because: Additional info

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowed
No in the Bible Adam lived to be 900 not 30. So no. We also know that Native Americans and other "Primitive" tribes lived lives equal to ours.

So people in Jesus' time didn't have short life spans cause that's what I was talking about.

Extreme life span -> Time passing -> Short Life span -> Time passing -> Longer life span

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowed

So people in Jesus' time didn't have short life spans cause that's what I was talking about.

Extreme life span -> Time passing -> Short Life span -> Time passing -> Longer life span

That was during the reign of the roman empire. Not native peoples and only about 2000 yrs. ago. Most people were treated very poorly at that time, much like most people are used today to fill the pockets of the "Elite". Not to mention that is a "Modern" style model. Not at all what the bible is refering to in genesis.
With the birth of civilization the the homeostasis of the city vs. nature is out of wack. Eventually leading to disease, famine, birth defects, lowered fertility. That is why the Average age of that time was 30, also not to mention that is just one areas history. We start seeing that as history and neglecting that there are other people in the world.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
pls see the depth of this video.complete theory of earth formation

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

So if we have the same life-spans, then has the Earth stopped expanding? How far must it go before we see any reduction in life-span if it is still expanding?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

So if we have the same life-spans, then has the Earth stopped expanding? How far must it go before we see any reduction in life-span if it is still expanding?

Not 2000 years ago is almost nothing compared to geologic history. Humans have been physically as we know them for 150-250,000 years, not just 10,000 like the bible alludes to or is commonly accepted from the bible.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sureshbansal342
pls see the depth of this video.complete theory of earth formation

www.youtube.com...

I think that the tree is a weak comparison. A tree is in equilibrium inside and out. The only time there is any sap coming out is after the tree has been damaged usually from external sources not internal as our Earth can have Volcanoes. Many Meteoroides are actually chunks of Earth and Mars(In our solar system anyhow) So they aren't at all like seeds. Seeds are created from the a parent Plant to grow others like it. Nothing will make a Meteoroide grow except more Meteoroides combining with it, you can't just sprinkle a meteoroide with water and watch a planet grow.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

So we're using an unproven hypothesis (expanding Earth) and an exaggeration of a known phenomenon (time dilation) to support bronze age myths scribbled down by people who thought a glass dome covered the night sky and that tearing out the organs of a bull and sprinkling its blood pleased their primitive deity.

The absurd ages in the Bible are just that, absurd. Even if expanding Earth were true human beings are a relatively young species. We've only been on the planet for 200,000 years and Expanding Earth is supposed to be a pretty slow process, certainly not one that happened suddenly 200,000 years ago. Even if I accepted that the Earth is expanding and did so rapidly in the last 200,000 years we still have all archeological and anthropological evidence pointing toward human life spans being greatly less in ancient times than they are now.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

So we're using an unproven hypothesis (expanding Earth) and an exaggeration of a known phenomenon (time dilation) to support bronze age myths scribbled down by people who thought a glass dome covered the night sky and that tearing out the organs of a bull and sprinkling its blood pleased their primitive deity.

The absurd ages in the Bible are just that, absurd. Even if expanding Earth were true human beings are a relatively young species. We've only been on the planet for 200,000 years and Expanding Earth is supposed to be a pretty slow process, certainly not one that happened suddenly 200,000 years ago. Even if I accepted that the Earth is expanding and did so rapidly in the last 200,000 years we still have all archeological and anthropological evidence pointing toward human life spans being greatly less in ancient times than they are now.

Yes, it is just an interesting theory. I did not mean it as fact, just something to think about. I said that in the beginning.
If you would have read through the thread and the beginning you would have noticed that the age of ancient people was roughly equal to our own, not less. People living shorter lives is a misinformation that most people believe. I have the link in one of my posts on the thread please read. Thank you.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
we do live much longer than we did back in the day, who knows maybe we will be able to reach 420 years old one day!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join