It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This A-17 thingy.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Did (or does) the A-17 have anything to do with the A-12 Avenger II? It is fairly similar and designed by Grumman. I wonder if anyone knows?

www.habu2.net...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
the avenger has a more stealthy design but i think the A-17 can go faster but im not sure if they are related

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I should think it can go faster as the Avenger is made of plastic and has no engines

BTW I know what you mean really, cheers.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos
I should think it can go faster as the Avenger is made of plastic and has no engines

BTW I know what you mean really, cheers.

The unbuilt A-12 Avenger II was intended to use two General Electric F412 turbofans and would have used composite materials in its construction. The alleged stealthy fighter-bomber mentioned in a January 1995 issue of Popular Science was dubbed "A-17" by the writers of the magazine article about this putative fighter-bomber because those authors claimed without evidence that A-14 and A-15 were assigned to competing designs that lost out to the A-12 Avenger II and noted that an unbuilt close air support version of the F-16 was informally dubbed A-16. The authors of the "A-17" article even raised the possibility that the triangular aircraft that was seen refueling from a KC-135 by Chris Gibson in August 1989 was the "A-17" rather than a classified hypersonic spyplane.

top topics

join