It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans = Zombies & Democrats = Vampires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Zombies, Vampires, Democrats and Republicans

For the past fifty or so years, there has been correlation between American politics and the type of horror movies which are released in theaters. More specifically, the popularity of zombie and vampire films tend to oscillate in accordance to the political attitudes of America; zombie movies appear more often when a Republican president is is in office, while vampire movies are more prominent during Democratic reign.
(SOURCE)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c66769c58508.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ad4ba232da1.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty interesting, I see a meaning behind it all...

Republican Years: They want the public to think being a zombie is cool, the subliminal is that the republicans themselves are zombies, brain dead undead creatures out of turn us into them. (Neocon consumerists)

Democrat Years: They want the public to think getting your blood sucked is sexy, the subliminal is that your wealth gets sucked away from you with taxes etc.

Interesting ey, thoughts?

Zombies, Vampires, Democrats and Republicans

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Instead of zombies and vampires I would have said fools and ghouls.

Fools = self explainatory.
Ghouls = feed off others to stay 'alive'

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Zombies are way cooler than vampires in most respects. But, I see a serious flaw with this theory. Vampires are generally thought of as good looking, and the female ones are sexy and seductive...............have you seen Pelosi et al? Cool idea though.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
hmm, although I would venture to say this is purely coincidence...it is a really fascinating look at things.

The question is (lets pretend for a moment its true) who do the zombies and vamps represent? The government? the people? a case could be made for either

During a GOP controlled time, the people mindless drone about, doing things in a flavorless moanings of life, feasting on the flesh of those less fortunate than themselves, a rotting death consuming the meat of life and converting others simply from overwhelming numbers. the minority dems (survivors) having to try and kill the neo-zom's but realizing they lack feeling or substance, forcing them to attack their brain (defeat through intellectualism)

A Dem controlled time, the people are in the dark about what is truely afoot, the targetted and hunted in society being lured in by the promises of pleasure and ease, only to find shortly after that they are being consumed. Often being turned themselves to where they now need to prey on others to support their lifestyle. A overly unsupportable system that will only lead to mass shortages of resources (blood). The opposition use religious means to hold back the brute forces, and attack the heart of the subjects...they can't attack the brain because the intellect behind it is too solid, but the heart is exposed..because that is where they lose (I would have argued the spine for proper comparison).

a fun little exercise in creative thinking...cheers ops...

So...how many bad alien verses good alien movies come out under what government style then? lets find patterns in all the classic themes

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nice break down, I think you're bang on.

Do you think their is a conscious element behind it? or is the phenomena just the result of subconscious manifestations.

Hollywood is always up to shadiness, are they giving us what we want? or are we being conditioned to want what they are giving.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Both parties are the undead eternals that suck the life out of human beings and then eat thier brains.

I associate the Republican party with Nazi's and the Demacratic party with Communists.

Both hate individual freedom but love power and control.

We must consider the possibility that many in Washington are aliens, are under direct alien control or are under telepathic alien attack by hostile alien beings here on earth.
edit on 10-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

top topics

join