It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rising Cost of Public Transport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have just come across this little gem: www.bbc.co.uk...
This really gets my goat. They are trying to get us to use more public transport in order to cut car use and save fuel, CO2 emissions and then they turn around and slap this on us. WTF!!!!

They say that by increasing fares, the taxpayer will not have to pay as much. Hello? Do you see the government reducing taxes in our favour? No Fing way. Taxes will increase. We are being F***ed with a double ended D**do. The British rail system is the most expensive in Europe, yet it is the worst run, the dirtiest and the least efficient, and they want you to pay more. The UK government, and it matters not who is in power, treats its citizens like a bunch of Fing idiots.

If they want cars off the road, they should provide a half decent public transport service at an affordable price.
Thank God I quit Ripoff Britian.

Okay, rant over.

Love and Peace to you All.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
If they want cars off the road, they should provide a half decent public transport service at an affordable price?

Why not just get a bicycle??
I don't do public transit and I refuse to get a car and I don't have the problems you seem to be having.
2 feet and a heartbeat does me just fine.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Personally, my friend, I cycle everywhere I can. However, many folk do rely on public transport. I feel so angry that they should go through all this.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
£23 for a weekly bus ticket isn't so bad is it?

Lines

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You should see the NYC MTA's hike:

The base fare of $2.25 will remain unchanged. A single ride will go up to $2.50.

In the proposal, the monthly Metrocard would be increased by 17%, shooting up the price from $89 to $104, making it the most expensive in the county. The weekly card will also be likely to increase from $27 to $29 dollars.

Along with the fare hikes, other parts of the proposal include reducing the amount of bonus given on the $10 dollar metrocard from 15% to 8%, and a $1 surcharge for obtaining a new Metrocard.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

They gonna touch the base fare soon too, we ain't stupid. years back, you could just put a $20 on the metrocard and it lasts from monday to friday; 2 trips a day. today, that $20 runs before before the week is even finished.

top topics

join