It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got kicked from ATS Chat for mentioning Shitaki mushrooms?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Comon guys.

While I abide to the Chat T&C's, getting banned for mentioning #aki mushrooms seems a bit silly. Yes, I understand the profanity filter, but this is one situation where it didn't work as well as it should. No profanity was uttered, just a request to find a nice way to cook #aki mushrooms.

Can a mod please fix this situation?

Cheers

edit on 8/10/10 by shamus78 because: spelling stuff

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

Sautee in butter with a pinch of salt on medium heat. Try adding a touch of cream for extra heartiness.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

This website takes a conservative 0 tolerance stance towards any mention of illegal drugs or illegal activities. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets taken down.

Even-though it is ridiculous don't mention any type of illegal drugs or activities on this website.

Yes, what you mentioned does have many conspiracies about them and ethical and philosophical debate but for some-reason this website doesn't allow it.

lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

There was no mention of illegal substances though. None at all.
In this case it appears to be the profanity filter at fault.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Even-though it is ridiculous don't mention any type of illegal drugs or activities on this website.

Ummm, I brought them at a supermarket. Nothing illegal about them. I wanted to know how to best cook them. That's all.

And I respect the T&C's greatly.
edit on 8/10/10 by shamus78 because: added stuff

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

This type of mushroom is not a drug,it is tasty and the best gourmet mushroom after the portabella. Yummy!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

The particular fungi that the OP is talking about is not a drug. It's a gourmet mushroom used in cooking.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

are you eating them by themselves? I would cook them in a skillet with the meat course or seperately with onions and garlic and butter as a side.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
If a Mod could please U2U me or allow me to particulate in Chat again, I would greatly appreciate it.

No blame attributed, but I wasn't in the wrong. Just the filter being a bit too strict. Thanks

Cheers
Shane

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It's that 'chat' element of this site which is hyper sensitive.

I too got 'banned' from it the other day during the downtime of ATS.

The funniest thing was we were doing Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes to kill some time and I rephrased a 3 word sentence to remove a profanity yet keep to the sentiment of the quote.

Little did I know that the third word was also considered a profanity and hence immediate banmanship.

I'm riding it out though to see if it's on a timer or something because being banned completely for something as small as a genuine mistake seems a little heavy handed.

The '#ake mushrooms' thing sounds even further removed from sanity so good luck with that!

The chat feature does have to be within the acceptable parameters of the rules of ATS and I know the admin are trying to increase how well it is moderated and so I'm sure there are a few people in a similar situation to us that are helping define the edges of what is 'acceptable' and what is not.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm having them with an aged steak and vegetables.

I can't wait!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

shamus78,

Can't remember who it was but not to long ago somebody got banned from chat because he was discussing his dog....

Can you guess what kind of dog he had?? Indeed, a Shih Tzu. Only he forgot about the "h" in the middle.....

I thought it was rather funny.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

try 2oz of clarified butter on your steak as soon as it comes from the broiler, it's a famed steakhouse trick.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

And being the sausage king of Chicago you'd know the best way to put meat in your mouth, no?

-m0r

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I appreciate the filters job, but they are pronounced Shi-Taki, not the other way round.

I'm soo hungry now....

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The automatic censors on ordinary posting work the same way.
If you're trying to say something innocent, you just have to be aware of the traps and work around them.
I was discussing an Old Testament passage the other day and had to invent the placename Shiittim.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The funny thing is that I've read more than a few swear words on the site proper today (By swear I mean wouldn't be mentioned on public pre-watershed in the UK) that haven't been filtered or had any automated action taken against them.

Yet my simple word (A pit for throwing mules into) which is used in everyday media as a flippant throw-away standard brought on the wrath of can't.

I'm sure they are just ironing out the problems - the chat server is a different outfit from ATS and so will require communication to correct any faults there.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

It may only be a 24 hour thing....

Good Luck getting back into chat

I've used it only twice, and have been banned for months now

edit on 8-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I agree, no blame attributed at all to the ATS mods, just a bit of filter that's a bit too sensitive.

Interestingly enough, the filter doesn't seem to scan the name of the thread, just the main body and, of course, ATS Chat.

But yes, in the future I shall have to be more aware to this type of thing.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I don''t know if I have ever facepalmed so hard.

That was simply an amazing post.

If troll, bravo! If not... well dang.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join