It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Changes?Unexplained Crevice Appears in Michigan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
We've all heard "the big one is coming" a million times. It's events like this that makes me wonder if we're getting closer and closer to it. I get more and more concerned about the banking system, communications, security, etc. If there's a large scale natural catastrophe the world would be crippled, even if it was confined to one country. Oh the dilemma.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
huh, Amici, Devil comes out after our Souls

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I can confirm no large earth quake in the greater Michigan area, or i may have felt it or heard about it.(if it hasn't already been confirmed)

some people don't realized how many minor faults they are under our feet. there are more faults that just the major ones,they're just sitting there slowly grinding, spreading and moving.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
When I read this article the first thing that came to mind was an another article I read a few months ago that something is about to happen in the midwest. www.abduct.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I agree with this explanation:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
I agree with this explanation:

Also agree.
I dunno why people keep insisting that it's either a sinkhole or a regular crack. It is not!
Sinkholes SINK! It's in the name. Cracks, well, they are cracks in the earth. They don't lift the earth. So far this video is given the only reasonable explanation in this entire thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Reminds me of the new version of "War of the Worlds" just before those big thingies came out of the ground...

tt

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
Isn't this exactly where the Madrid fault is supposed to be?

I am guessing that things are moving ahead quickly and we will see America literally split in two. I am hoping the land sinks rather than rises as I really do not want the sea level to rise! (I live on the coast).

Huh? This statement makes no sense. If the land sinks, the sea level is MORE LIKELY to rise than if the land rises.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'm from the northern lower peninsula of Michigan. This is a fairly common occurrence as underground streams and shallow caves and sinkholes are abundant in Mi. As a child my father-in-law said they could travel from Alpena to Posen through this cave system. About 20 miles, they are as shallow as 3 to 4' as deep as 10' to 15 deep and most only have water during spring run off.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

www.ga-esi.com...

Testing of a High-Tech Railgun

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
well im glad its not here in genesee !
but seriously i wouldn't mind flint to fall down a hole. It'd get rid of that embarassment to michigan. Of course after all the people were out of it. I have a heart

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numino
Reminds me of:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was what I was thinking. A loud boom was heard just as this happened just like the loud boom heard when the river mess went down. I wounder just how many of these events happen out in the middle of nowhere and no one knows about?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by joshysway

So far this video is given the only reasonable explanation in this entire thread.

Yes and no. Using the theory put forth in the video, there would have to have been something to cause a serious rise in pressure in the lake connected to the underground "tube" or water pipe/stream.

In the video he places a large heavy container on the pretend "lake" to increase the pressure. What caused the increase in pressure on the real lake in Michigan?? Was there some sort of weather anomalie??

I live in a part of Canada not far from this location. Last week, in the middle of a sunny day with only tiny fluffly clouds way up high, there came a sudden howling wind out of the blue that looked like it was about to topple trees it was so strong. It actually upturned garden furniture and sent debris flying. The wind was as strong as anything in the midst of huge storm; except there was no storm. It ended a few minutes later as quickly as it erupted. It was almost as if a jet plane had passed overhead at nearly ground level, but there was no plane either.

It certainly left me amazed and stumped. I had never experienced anything like that in my over 60 years of living here. An invisible UFO also came to mind.

Anyway something is definitely strange about this area. This anomaly remains unexplained as far as I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40

Click here for more information.

I must apologize. Sometimes I get a little worked up. Way too much coffee

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

Earth Changes?Unexplained Crevice Appears in Michigan

theintelhub.com

A large crevice,stretching almost two football fields,suddenly appeared in the wood near Birch Creek.
MENOMINEE TOWNSHIP-It's a geological phenomenon that has both authorities and Menominee Township residents scratching their heads.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-10-2010 by PatriotsPride because: I misspelled earth

Oh it's just a UFO coming back "on line" after a long down time for update and refit. I suppose it's embarrassing for a space guy who can zoom anywhere in the universe without error to screw up and miss lake Michigan by that much. Well maybe the refit didn't take...

tt

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The guy in the video is half right. But it has nothing to do with the lake floor falling.. lol.
That area was hit hard with rains and local flooding. The underground aquifers simply filled to the point of running out of room in the 'bubble/cavern' and the extra water filling the aquifer pushed up the earth...

Now, if there is a drought soon, I'd watch to see if that area sinks back down.. if so, there is your answer. (it would take longer for the ground to sink back down though).

If the lake floor fell, you don't push something on the 'water line' balloon, you simply lower that part of the balloon. Slight pressures may cause rise on the ground, but I just don't see that as the answer.. I usually go with the simplest answer is usually the correct one. (Occam's Razor and all that).

edit on 10/10/2010 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
michigan's football program?

r

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Would be nice if they could get a team out there, with shovels, to smooth that over a bit. It's only a couple of feet deep so shouldn't be too hard. A lot of wandering beasties, maybe a human or two, are gonna get their legs broke if they fall into that, and some might not get out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join