It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need God or the laws of a God to be moral?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
you know,as well as i know. Morals are the law of god.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Gods moral Paradox.
If you believe in God and believe god is moral and you believe the bible that God made Adam and Eve. Then why would a God that is all about Morality Give humans no choice but to be Immoral? God made Adam and eve they had two sons Cane and Able Who did cane and Able have sex with? Their Mom? Their sister? So a moral Gods wisdom is for Cane and Able to have incest. How does that make god Moral?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

There's a saying "to err is human to forgive is devine".

Have you ever heared of the famous law of forgiveness (Matt 6:12)?

It goes this way "forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespassed against us"

Or this way "and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors."

other translate it this way "and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us."

Romantic_Rebel - do you forgive those who crossed you? Have you ever forgiven anyone who wronged you?

If yes, why?

Is it a moral thing to do?

What good will that do to you?

Consider this story:

A very old lady was asked how she survived the cruelty and the badness of her captors. Why she was not bitter after coming out of her captivity? Her response, she forgave those who persecuted her because she said (with a smile) if I started hating them back then I would probably had died long time ago. Besides, she said, what good will that do to me - I'll be hurting myself instead of them. My God will not let me do that and I cannot let that happen.

The old lady was freed from one of the Nazi Germany's concentration camp.

So yes we need God's laws to be moral.

Note: those who say they beleive in God but does not obey his laws - Jesus the son of God says "Get away from me you workers of LAWlessness" -Matt 7:23

ty,
edmc2

You and I have been there before, and then you didn't have anything to say about intrinsic morality in mankind except falling back on the bible being the measure-tape.

And as with all self-proving systems, you ofcourse arrived to your predetermined conclusions.

But if we really need guidance, buddhism would be a much safer bet.

It's moral values are unconditional and far more extensive than the abrahamic ones.

It's just so, that some people need to be told what to do, others function well without excessive authority.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

As I already know from posts before you do not accept God?

But in my view (which I am certain that those who believe in the God of the Bible also) believe that someone with intelligence had to create this organized universe we live in.

Like this creator when a person creates something they expect it to follow certain rules within their concept of what is acceptable to them or they use forces to nudge it into conformance. If their creation does not subject after much patience they may decide to destroy it (which is their right as they are the creator of said object)

Now many, many I say people believe that right and wrong is subjective. That it is wrong if one does it but if many do it, then it is accepted as the new normal.

So as I see it man which even a non-believer of God would have to agree is fallible an unjust especially in the eyes of another. As with any leader ever in history some are pleased with their decisions and some are not.
That would be because the leader is building his legacy and not that of the Creator.

We as a creation of God with freewill are unable to stick to a moral code of any sorts as our minds and flesh wish to do what we please. We do not on our own seek to please God.

Many believe if I give to a homeless person that is good, and if I take product and services from some large corporation that I work for or do not like without paying for it that is ok, because I give to homeless people to make up for it.

Many believe that God's views on homosexual is harsh and that their love is right, yet they do not follow the first commandment be fruitful and multiply.

Many believe that stabbing someone to death is murder, but partial birth abortion is a woman's choice and not a death of a life, or any kind of abortion for that matter.

These are just a few examples of man's fallible nature, there is no justice in that one form is wrong and the other right.

How can we as people make moral codes if they can not be timeless always right or always wrong.

May God bless you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join