It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I drink, therefore I have no soul.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Alan Watts is a sociopath con-artist.

He stole his act from some chick he met once.

He flipped out on the guy that called him out, and showed his real colors on air. Then he had the audio removed from site.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Yeah, but you can see and touch other peoples fingertips, can't you?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Um.

*touches his index finger tip to his thumb tip*

Nope, felt both of them.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Not to undermine your "childhood experiences", but having them "all the time" implies they were not true astral projections.
In NDE experiences objective proof was clearly given - ranging from the shoes the doctors wore during surgery (usually there shouldn't be any), to mechanical measurements, and even details of the top of the ceiling lights.

edit on 7-10-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Are you serious? Madness I am not even going to bother writing back a reply. I remember when you
used to bring up scientific point. This post is, no offense, ridiculous. You used to come up with good points
but this. . .

I can't even describe it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think that NOT believing in "soul" shows some very rational thinking. It's way better than blindly believing what religion and spirituality teaches. It's hard to understand/believe these things if you don't have any personal, um, "paranormal" experiences on the subject.

I used to be an hardcore atheist btw.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

That's so untrue!

I did a whole lot of meditation and had a certain visual focusing routine that I could put my mind into at night in bed with eyes closed. I've explained it here a few times, and actually found someone who had nearly identical experiences.

It's legit.

If you heard me explain it in full you'd probably freak, but I'm bored of seeming as if I'm trying to be special by mentioning the bizarre technique and experiences.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
To my way of seeing it, the soul is a psychic structure, an energetic structure who's function is to record all the experiences, just like the hard disk on computers. The soul is also the conduit for the programming the ego must follow. As long as the soul is subjected to the planetary laws of life, the ego remains prisoner of this programming. The spirit of man dominates the soul, and the soul dominates the ego. Once the ego recognizes the extent of the game of life, he then can start to liberate himself from any form of influence and domination. But this process is by no means an easy one, for the ego has been influenced for so long. One of the biggest obstacles for higher conscious levels is the subjective approach to thoughts and events that are part of the program, as well as the lack of soul experience.
edit on 7-10-2010 by lagenese because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Um... well all have difference consciousness/souls. Depending on what species you are, you have different perceptions through the soul. You are still experiencing consciousness/ life/ soul when you do a drug. Its just an altered state.

If you would take a drug, then suddenly lose consciousness all together and become nothingness, I would agree with you there.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
O, that men should put an enemy in their mouths to steal away their brains!
—Shakespeare.

For thy soul shall sleep once I ingest that heavenly poison, bring it on!
- some funny guy

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

it would seem to one that being human constitutes experiencing a multi-dimensional state of being. example.... when one ceases to observe through the senses of its physical vehicle (sleep), how does one explain migration of consciousness to a vibration within the "dream state"/AP? I am unaware of whether it is possible to "be human" without a soul/program, but one thing that i can state is that I must not beLIEve either way.... for believing is a tragically unfit substitution for inner knowing.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

You can't feel what's doing the feeling. It's too bad fate picked me to send you this particular message, I have failed.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Does that mean your soul comes back after your hangover is gone? The soul is metaphysical, so a physical intoxicant can not affect it, all that is being affected is your physical self, your ego, not your immortal Soul. The Soul is like a light that illuminates what is below while not being affected by it.

Source: Plotinus
edit on 7-10-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

That's really vague and almost cryptic. It almost sounds like a riddle.

Some chick, some guy, then had audio removed from the site. He died in 1973 so what sort of site are we talking about?

He was all about acts and being called out... The same game we all play.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Let me explain with a simple thought experiment:

Let's say you are out with your best friends for a night on the town. You let yourself go a little bit too much and get quite drunk between the various forms of alcohol you consume. Your vision starts to blur a bit, you view the appearance most members of the opposite (or same) gender far more positively, you might get more talkative, more aggressive, you might start to slur your speech or hug a bunch of people.

All of this points towards disproof of the soul.

Why?

Well, what is the function of the soul if not consciousness? You just had your consciousness significantly altered by imbibing a fluid which then played with your brain functions.

If physical substance can alter consciousness than there is no metaphysical or supernatural element to it.

Therefore, where is the soul?

The same argument can be made for caffeine, illegal narcotics, clinical psychiatric drugs, fatigue, etc etc.

Your brain is the intermediary between your "soul" and your behavior.

Your brain simply synthesizes a message than you experience and just by experiencing that message you send a message back towards your brain.

That pinnacle point that is "you" and experiences the message created by the brain is the "soul" or observer or conscious force or whatever you want to cal it.

When we observer the chemistry of brain activity it is not causation but correlation between feelings/conscious and the effect it has on our brain/body.

Remember, your brain is just a physical moving piece, just like your foot.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

lolwut

I can feel what's doing the feeling. Because it's feeling. I feel it as it's feeling; that's what feeling is. Feeling requires that which feels and that which is felt, and in order to feel something must simultaneously felt. That's what nerve endings are all about.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

You can't hear your eardrums can you? They are receptors with nerve endings and if they made their own noise you would have a flawed perception of what happened. So they receive on a blank slate. Really your fingertips do the same thing but you've somehow got touch and feel all connected when really they aren't the same thing at all. They just seem to be that way because nobody else ever pointed out the distinction to you.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Hearing is a reinterpretation by the brain of a particular set of vibrations in the inner ear. Hearing is an alternate form of feeling; in a certain sense, we are actually ONLY hearing our eardrums.

And to say that my interpretation of "feel" is confused with an interpretation of "touch" is to completely misinterpret what I said in the post that you replied to. I was speaking solely of feeling; touching is a mechanism by which feeling occurs and that is all.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

get quite drunk

You just had your consciousness significantly altered by imbibing
a fluid which then played with your brain functions

All of this points towards disproof of the soul.

So then, if you put on dark sunglasses and they diminish your ability to see, that is "disproof" that you have eyes?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
A lot of people use booze to comfort the soul.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join