It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Map question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In the many years I've used Google Map (satellite/street-view) to look up different and familiar places..... why is it, I've never ever seen a person in any of their photos?

Do you mean to tell me, in the millions of photos these satellites are snapping, it never once captures a human or their pet in their yard or..........are they photo-shopping everyone out (like they do with NASA pictures)?

Go ahead, Google your own address and tell me if you see anything remotely 'alive' walking in or around your neighborhood.

I was just thinking about it and couldn't come up with a reasonable sound explanation so that's why I am posting my query here. Please, someone tell me why this is.

Many thanks!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hi,

In street view of my house, my next door neighbour can clearly be seen tending his garden. (Although this view is something like 2 years old). Also have seen numerous street views with people walking (but with faces blurred out).

Maybe you live in a quiet neighbourhood?

Edit - Have just looked at street view of village high street and 3 people can be seen. Also try Trafalgar Square London....

Peace!
edit on 7-10-2010 by The Wave because: Additional information

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave

Hi,

In street view of my house, my next door neighbour can clearly be seen tending his garden. (Although this view is something like 2 years old). Also have seen numerous street views with people walking (but with faces blurred out).

Maybe you live in a quiet neighbourhood?

Peace!

Really?
I've been looking at Google map from around the world and never came upon a person. But really? You see your neighbor? Interesting. Thanks for setting the record straight because I was beginning to smell, conspiracy!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There's a parade going on in our town lots of people and stuff.

Line 14

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
There's a parade going on in our town lots of people and stuff.

Line 14

I don't question whether there's activity going on
but....is it on Google map??

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Try "wandering" around a city in Google Street View, you should find plenty of people.

Start at Times Square, NY for instance. Basically anywhere where you would expect there to be a lot of pedestrians during daytime hours.

edit to add screenshot of Google Street View of Times Square:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/313b26b05c5f.png[/atsimg]
edit on 10/7/2010 by americandingbat because: add image

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Interesting. Ive never looked for a city or public place though. Rather residential. When I zoom in on anyones 'home' or street I never see anyone. Was just questioning the odds of taking photos when no one was around. Which then made me ask, were they air-brushing people out.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
if you look at station square new york, you can see people

I live in a rural area and just figured it'd be easier to see large groups of people rather than people on properties more spread out like mine

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Just google people google street view for a bunch of people and other interesting finds. Here's one of someone breaking into a house.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f08b5fd588d.png[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join