It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Particles from Hayabusa space probe 'could contain extraterrestrial life'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Another unsubstantiated claim from the Telegraph.

And nowhere in the article is there any direct quote stating anything resembling the headline.

What the article does say is this:

The particles were believed to have originated from Earth, the Yomiuri newspaper and Kyodo News agency reported.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

What is wrong with those people?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
they are sensationalists who print half thruths and out right speculation. Ive not ever really trusted anything the Telegraph has posted. Always a bit too suspect IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There does seem to be some sort of problem at (not with) the Telegraph.

My whole life I've been aware of this broadsheet newspaper, as my Grandad (a staunch conservative, zoologist and educator) read it religiously. It always had a solid reputation as far as I was aware, but recently TWO stories have fallen short. The UN alien ambassador piece, and this one provided in the OP. I actually think there's more to the alien ambassador story than the UN's response would suggest, but there we go.

Is there an agent provocateur at work in the halls of The Telegraph?

Any other stories you were meaning to draw our attention to Phage? I can only recall these two... Hardly cause to lambast them on their 155 year contribution to the British and International press. Historically, very highly regarded.

In answer to your question, I would suggest nothing is wrong with them in general, but they may have a 'special' team pi$$ing all over the porch when it comes to the extraterrestrial stories.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

That is simply untrue. Have you ever read the Telegraph? Where can you point me to articles which reveal them as sensationalist?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Pick an article any article they have published and im sure you will find their sources are sketchy at best, they offer more opinions than fact and that they are indeed out to make money and boring stories do NOT sell. Ive not the time to point at any single article, but there are many as Im sure anyone with an open mind to see behind the hype will see. Im not meaning to upset anyone; it is after all, just my own humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here is the story as it appeared in the Japanese press.

If anyone's interested. No surprise here, it's actually pretty normal for stories from Japan to become completely mangled and sensationalized when they hit the western press.

top topics

join