It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Look to Cultivate Pot Vote in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, this explains alot. I guess if the Dems have to go after pot smokers to secure a victory, they really are in a tight spot. What happens to the war on drugs? What about those incarcerated now? I mean, in a way it makes sense, you'd have to be high to ignore how bad things have become.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
what happens if it's legalized?
My HOPES are - those incarcerated for it will be released, the war on drugs goes away, we save billions a year on that, and make more in taxes on a new product.

Win/Win/Win for everyone
edit on 7-10-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
you wouldn't be talking about prop 19 california would you?

i don't really see this as 'securing a vote' i see it as common sense, though i'm not sure if anyone left in the government has any common sense at all anymore ( dem or rep, makes no diff )

prohibition on marijuana is the same as prohibition on alcohol was, the illegal status of marijuana has done nothing but create lucrative money for drug dealers in the middle east as well as mexico, and given the common criminal on the streets of america more money and more power as well

not to mention the money wasted in the 'justice' system
edit on 10/7/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Nope, read the article at the link. This is one way they have come up with helping themselves out fo the situation they and the administration have put themselves in. I t has nothing to do actually with drugs I think. I believe it shows how willing they are to give up everything just to maintain being in office.

top topics

join