It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Need To Not Feel Human? What is this really about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I continue to notice a disturbing increase in the amount of people who claim to be aliens.

What is this really about?

Will some "who claim to be aliens" please post some of their life experiences that made them snap? And suddenly claim to be an alien?

Any input would be nice.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe they're illegally in your country.

I think for people to refer to themselves as aliens when they are already a citizen of that country might be saying that they feel alienated from the social world and can't find a way to fit in,

but I haven't actually heard of anyone referring to themselves as an alien.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Maybe thats their claim to fame.

Why would an alien want the world to know they're an alien anyway?thought aliens like being mysterious and messing with people.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think its kind of like an inside joke against the people who actually believe what these claimants say.

OR

They are genuine alien beings sent from another planet in order to guide humanity to peace and prosperity and all that other new age malarkey.

Peace, Phil
edit on 6/10/10 by LondonUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nysothol

What is this really about?

1) They're crazy.
2) They're really aliens.
3) They're crazy aliens.
4) They're trolling: playing a joke and laughing at how many people fall for it.
5) They saw somebody else do it, and hopped on the bandwagon.
6) They feel psychologically alienated from others, and have chosen to justify it by believing they're aliens.
7) They're disinfo agents impersonating aliens to make real aliens look bad.

Take your pick.

edit on 6-10-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Being Human Isn't Exactly Something To Be Proud Of.
Personally I'd Rather Be An Angel Then An Alien. But to Each His Own.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Being Human Isn't Exactly Something To Be Proud Of.

What's wrong with being human?

Human made both Robot Unicorn Attack and Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar. And we think hedgehogs are cute. Any species that thinks hedgehogs are cute can't be all bad.

Look at how beautiful sunsets have become because of all the pollution we've put into the air. And humans have boobs. Think of all the things that don't have boobs: rocks, trees, lizards, water molecules...none of them have boobs, but humans do. Boobs are awesome. And we have them.

Look at our range of expression. We've killed hundreds of millions of our own kind in petty conflicts, but we also invented Hello Kitty. What other species can claim such a broad range of interest?

Look at our capacity for compassion. Look at how upset people get over chinese cat markets. Look at how important it is to us to stop clubbing seals. Look at our desire to save the whales and to prevent dolphins from being slaughtered.

For every horror you see I see someone who cares about it very much. For every atom bomb I see a love story and a comedy. The human experience is very much a comedy. And comedy is fun.

Humans are rare and beautiful.

Love us.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's the same as claiming to be psychic or a vampire or anything else, a need to validate your own existence by thinking that you are somehow special and not the same as the rest of the people you see walking around.
I think it's a kind of egomania really, they feel like they are so far above everyone else that their must be some explanation of why they are so damn amazing!

It's probably underpinned by a deep sense of lack of self worth that leads to overcompensation.

People usually grow out of it in their teens, some don't it seems

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were ALIENS and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.-Hebrews11

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wait is my little sister on here somewhere telling people I'm an alien again? This whole I'm an alien subject reminds me of when I was teenager and I told my little sister her real brother was abducted by aliens and replaced with me just to scare her.

The yellow sun doesn't give me super powers or anything so I'm pretty sure I'm human unless the aliens are just lame and have no real powers and are here for anthropological/social studies only. In which case if I was an alien which I am not for the later I would be doing okay job.

Humans by nature are social creatures that need a certain level of human on human interaction. Some people need more than others do to validate self worth or importance. I don't consider it egomania when someone comes out says they are an alien to me they are doing because they feel left out or feel they have nothing to offer because everyone else has their own niche in this social medium but they can't find theirs. So to be remembered, to be seen, and accepted by the rest they go into that feeling of being left out figure it must be because they are alien.

Basically it's away for them to seek out social acceptance weather it' positive or negative they still get the social attention they need. They are seen, heard, and remembered even if it might be as some crazy person. They find their niche and others follow to help fill the crack to get their own form of social acceptance. Soon you a community of these people a collective clique or group that feel they have something in common with one another. To me it's just human nature no one wants to be an outsider, no one wants to die without being remembered for something even if it might be thought of as crazy or egotistical.

Humans we are a complicated nearly 7 billion lot of people who fear dying alone on insignificant planet amongst billions of stars with other planets. In an insignificant galaxy amongst billions of other galaxies. That could possibly be in an insignificant universe among infinity not mention in a reality that could be among infinity. We are small in the scope of things so we strive and starve for interaction with those we have this in common with.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nysothol

I personally think it's just a claim-to-fame for an otherwise ignored personality. If you're an alien, and you're here for disclosure, ATS is not the first place you would go. ATS is just an online internet community dedicated to conspiracies and fringe-theories. It is not a reputable news agency with in-depth scholarship and accredited individuals who's opinions can hold weight in the mainstream world. So, it is exactly what an ignored, fantastical mind is looking for:

• a gathering of individuals who don't believe mainstream media
• an open forum for posting anything they want
• moderators who will defend their right to spew their nonsense
• enough like-minded souls who will believe their nonsense
• a cast of "evil disinformation agents" to challenge their legitimacy

What more could someone trying to make themselves feel special, honored, and wanted need? If you were part of these alien cultures who are so powerful you can travel light-years, disguise yourselves as humans, predict our future, and remain unseen and above top government surveillance and intel., the only real option is to just transport into the White House during the State of the Union address, push the president aside, and state your claims.

So why? They come to ATS because the nay-sayers can be buried in the chants of like-minded individuals. That's why.

Besides, everyone knows if you're really something different, or special, you hide it because it makes you a freak to family, friends, co-workers, community, and nation.

new topics

top topics

join