It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophiles - 'Brand' them like the animals they are

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
HELP THE INNOCENT CHILDREN.
peace

You know, thats the same rallying cry they use to pass half these useless laws....and thats why they get passed. Thats why theyre called 'feel good' laws...
To be honest, theyre not protecting children..
How about paying attention to who is around your children, thats the BEST WAY to 'Help the Innocent Children'
Get off the computer and watch your children, dont rely on ANYONE ELSE to protect your children, thats the parent's job, noone else's

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Heres one Silo, everyone who does not want an offender to pay the same price as their victim and allow them to be free should be more responsible when that offenders offends again. They should have to say sorry at least to the next victim and their family! There are laws against a citizen helping an offender to escape the law should be applied to the defender, judge and jury who allows the sex offender free to enable him to create the next victim to be traumatized. To me a sex offender will never change!

To give a good example for my point here it goes by my experience. I was in the third grade with mumps on both sides and being a male should not be allowed to get up. My mother had a new lover in the desert of Calif. We lived in a Northern California town. A sick boy would be no present to take to a new lover for a week so I was left to a man who only had a Harley Davidson bike for transportation. Has anyone felt my pain yet. Yes I have person deformatives as a result of being on that bike every time Frank needed to go somewhere. First point I left off his last name but how many people remember someones name only met a few times in 3rd grade at age 57????? I have been encouraged by many people through the years who heard this story as I have seen a few professionals to help with anger issues etc, to confront my mother over this issue. My reply just the one issue???? Sorry for trying to make lite as this is a sad tale. In 1999 I was asked to fly to my mother and her lover house in the Puget Sound from Devon England. London is 3.5 hours journey one way. In my business I was the key employee so sales will be off for a week holiday on top of the cost getting to the airport and back along with the flight costs, except my mother is not a nice person therefore this would not be a holiday! I flew into SeaTac on 1 Nov 1999 the same day protesters were tearing up Seattle. I had an FBI agent waiting for me, you can tell by the suit at first glance and many flights that this guy was waiting for someone. I normally fly to America with empty suit cases and back with filed ones. So I look at the custom officers when I travel as when I fly back I do not declare my purchases not being a rich company this helps the cost of flying both ways. Point is I watch the custom officers when I come and go and have great peripheral vision Airborne! I saw this guy the moment I started walking through the customs line. The man said this way Mr._________ used my last name. This is when I found out that I am now paying for my protest days after the service as a proud member of the Viet Nam Vets Against the War! My plane ticket with the "SSSS" is in my photo section here on ATS in case someone wants to see what a plane ticket looks like for someone on the no fly list. Sorry point of this is that the 20 minute interview was traumatic as they thought I was flying in for the protest! When I had more than enough I asked for his supervisor and was told that he had no supervisors at this location and then he Identified himself. This was the day after MacDonald's had their window smashed in live on TV news coverage around the world. Ever since then I am search like a terrorist should be but I am decorated and have two Honourable Discharges not to mention a Good Conduct Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster!

I stay with my mother and worked my tail off on their farm in the day time and in the evening to late early morning I Y2Ked their computer! Those were the days of slow computers when formating a hard drive and building a system for Desktop Publishing took hours and days and I upgraded many hardware items before the system rebuild. On the way to the airport I decided to tackle this issue which I have kept secret from my mother as I was a beaten son and as an adult did not need any more verbal abuse. I asked if she knew that Frank _____ was a pedophile? My mother shocked the holy _____ out of me with her response, see how you guys feel about this response. I knew Frank did a year in Atascadero for a little girl. I explained that Frank introduced me to what a hard male member (different polite word used) can be used for. My mother said, "I guess with Frank it was any port in the storm!" Months later I received a letter from my dear ole mother asking me not to contact her any more that her health cannot take it and that she must think of herself first. I thought about replying and asking the question, "What has changed?" but decided that since I don't go out of my way to hurt people since leaving the US Army that I would leave it alone. I said to my wife who could not believe the letter as I did not open it for a few days. My wife opened it up before I got up one morning and went into the office and photocopied the letter as she figured I would hit the ceiling and rip it up as my wife knew how upset I was when she met me at Heathrow airport hours later, after hearing what my mother had said about Frank. After reading the letter I said that at least I don't have to pretend that my mother loves me as the writing is in the letter.

I promise that this was not the last time I was left with a person like Frank and the next time would be our house whilst she and her lover went to work in San Francisco. Yep my mother is a Lesbian and my father was married to his wife and would not leave her for my mother, why should he as he had 6 boys by his wife! I paid that price everyday I lived with her and ever since. Its been a great 10 years without contact from her and the pretense in front of her friends that we are a happy family! Now her secret is safe. I have two girls who are now young adults were never left alone with her! My mother told me her life story 15 years ago and at age 12 she was raped by her boarding house "father" and this continued until his wife found out and my mother was thrown out at the age of 16 to fend for herself. She now has a Master Degrees and other minor degrees as she is a professional student and also has many outstanding awards for things she has done in her life. By the way my mother wanted to come out of the closet so she sent me to a military boarding school in Southern California. That was where I met the night watch man Mr Green (warrant officer) on Friday nights he would come and get me for a few hours. The school has now been closed and some of the cadets formed a reunion group and contacted me by email. I now know there were 3 of these perverts working this school and I was not alone.

I am not looking for revenge, honest but if society had done their duty Frank should have never been in my life. Yes I think of him along with the others everyday of my life as I lost my childhood then. One of the reasons for moving to a remote location was insurance my two girls had a child hood and the abuse in my family had stopped with me.

I just don't want any children harmed by someone who has been caught. It is bad enough when the offender has been caught the first time as I know it will be for only one of many offenses which the sicko has gotten away with! To me the people who allowed him back in society was aiding and abetting a known criminal to commit his next crime! Boy now my soul has been laid open and on-line posted on a website. I just hope this posting (this is costing me) was not in vain and that it makes some of you guys who has attacked Silo to try and rethink your points of view. Anyone seeing me as sick as I was on that motorcycle and Frank with a branded face would have called Child Protection Agency and reported this. If you don't get the point please reread this story and they think how lucky you are not to have a story like this!

Go Silo and thank you for this thread.... I now understand how a monster like Frank who was caught once and then be allowed to hurt me. This thread has allowed me to understand by this threads posters points of view!!!!

Question how would you feel if your child was abused by a convicted molester? Please take a minute and think about that before your fingers fly through the keyboard in response. How embarrassing, this was a secret now told to millions.... I just could no let Silo take all of this flak!
edit on 10/12/2010 by IceHappy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2010 by IceHappy because: Not a good writer and had to correct spelling mistakes.... sorry!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Of those released sex offenders who were accused of another sex crime, 40% were arrested for the new offense with a year after their release.

Funny, that is the exact same website I used on the last page for MY set of statistics used to show how few people actually re-offend.

So let's see how you abused this statistic to your advantage, shall we? Right above that statistic in the same box, is this one.

Within three years of their release, 5.3% of national sex offenders were rearrested for another sex crime.
Of those released sex offenders who were accused of another sex crime, 40% were arrested for the new offense with a year after their release.

So really, it is 40% of those who DO reoffend ever who do so in the first year.

More:
In one year alone, approximately 4,300 child molesters in 15 states were released from imprisonment.
4300 x 0.053=227.9
227.9 x .4= 91.16

Gee whiz, 91 is a lot less than the amount you implied was fact, which is 1720!
So I am not questioning your sources, I am questioning your application of them, which involved ignoring any statistics that disproved your point.

"I do not 'hate' these people, I am merely trying to stop them - Something most here on this thread, (or it would seem,) care so little of in lue of attacking the OP, me."
If you were trying to stop them, you would do your research and find out that branding someone would isolate them from society, and the thing that most convicts say has KEPT THEM from re-offending had been their SOCIAL TIES. Their friends, their families, the support network. This would vanish if people had a mark across their forehead, nobody would be able to be seen in public with them for fear of being attacked.

"And you forget the CHILD RAPISTS are on trial here, not me. "
Not all convicted sex offenders whose crimes involved children raped them.
"Four out of ten child victims suffered forcible rape or another injury from child molesters. "
40% raped. The rest fondled, took photos of, or made strip. These are not the same crime, nor are they on the same level.

"As for 'confessions that would only be given to a psychologist?’
Are you really that naive?
Have you heard of journalists? Non-Fiction Writers?
I've stated before in this thread exactly when and where I got the information I've quoted. If you care to look for it, instead of pointing a finger and acting like a child demanding 'You better tell me right now!' you might find it. "
You want me to dig through 14 pages of info, but you, the OP, readily admits to only skimming the posts?
Why would you go through that much effort of typing those words, and not just tell me what made you think you know how the mind of every pedophile works?
I have heard of these professions, and I also know that people who commit crimes are not likely to ever say "do not let me out or I will do it again", and if they do? That means you should be giving them psychological help to show them that they CAN change, because it has been proven that sex offenders of all kinds can prevent themselves from re-offending. If that means preventing themselves from being in situations where they are alone with children, so be it. You don't need a brand to keep yourself from kids. Most sex offenders didn't kidnap a child, they were alone with a child by chance and got tempted and did something they obviously regret (in most cases they regret it, anyways. I have a different view on those who do not)

"FACTS are:
The majority of pedophiles have abused between 250-350 children on average."
That isn't in your linked page, and in fact, this is: "In almost half of the the child molestation cases, the child was the convicted sex offender's son, daughter, or relative. "
So how does one sexually assault 250-350 child relatives?
I have heard of ONE case in which the estimated number of victims was that high, and it was in Finland (and not recently). No other cases that I have heard of have gotten numbers in the triple-digits.
Most offenders who abuse their family member only do so with one or possibly two child relatives. Usually just one, even if they have multiple children of the gender they are abusing.
And actually, the majority of pedophiles never abuse a child. They keep their secret tight and keep themselves out of situations in which they are left alone with a child for an extended period of time. According to the number of Child Molestation cases in which someone is medically defined as a pedophile, in comparison with the rather low figures of pedophiles who seek counseling of some sort without committing a crime, 1% or less of pedophiles molest or abuse a child. So that would mean that convicted child-molesting pedophiles would have to molest in the THOUSANDS of children. Explain to me how someone could molest that many people, and not a single one would tell on them?

"The majority of child rapists/molesters report they were molested s a child.
So look at those numbers and tell me this problem is going to do anything but increase year after year?"
Is it? Is it increasing?
Not really, statistically, the percentages of those who admit to being sexually abused has remained consistent. The rates of arrest have increased, certainly, as people are more aware that it can happen now than they were 30 years ago, but the amount of children being abused has remained at a steady percentage for a long time.

"And far be it from me to encourage you or anyone else on this thread to use the time and effort and energy you spend attacking me, to finding a way to HELP THE INNOCENT CHILDREN. "
What exactly are you doing with your time to HELP THE INNOCENT CHILDREN, as you put it?
How many hours have you spent on this thread? How is this thread helping the children? Do you think that lawmakers will look at this thread and say, "gee, this Silo13 person is making an excellent point, I think I will put this in my next bill I try to pass!"?
Do you think it will go through?

Ask anyone with a background attempting to treat these people. I dare you. Ask them what effect branding them would have of the rates at which they molest.
Sure, for a few months they would be out of luck, nobody would willingly let their kids near these people. The key word there is willingly.
If they really are "untreatable" as many here have claimed they are (except of course those of us who have done research into methods of coping) then their urges will simply build up over time, yes? They won't be allowed near their friend's kids, I suppose.
But say they were in the half that abused family members. Would the brand make a difference to those family members? I would assume that those who already know about the conviction would either allow them to continue seeing the child, or not. The brand would not change that fact, because it isn't "informing" them of anything they don't already know. So the re-offending stats for family members wouldn't change.

And yeah, people would hold their children tighter while walking down the street. But would you hire a man in his late 30s/early 40s (average offender's age range) to babysit your children without doing a quick google first? Why would your child be left alone with them in the first place, if they had already been convicted? Wouldn't you sense something fishy with an older man taking babysitting jobs?
When else would you leave them alone together? At school? They don't hire convicted sex offenders. Nor does anywhere with extensive access to children. So those places are already safe from re-offenders.

So really all that leaves is those that abuse strangers.
What do you think will happen to those numbers? With child molesters increasingly affected by their urges, unable to take them out secretly and quietly in private?
Any experts will tell you that if they wouldn't stop without the brand, they won't stop with it. But how would they get children?

Kidnapping. And to avoid re-conviction, they would often resort to killing the child after they were done, or keeping them indefinitely. Which would you prefer, your child to be fondled, or your child to be kidnapped and fondled, and never returned to you?
It doesn't matter if this is truly for "warning" or if it is for punishment. Both intentions would result in more damage to children than is already being done.
If you ignore all the other "facts" lifted from your own source page, don't ignore this one. It WOULD result in more violent acts. Even if it decreases the rate a bit, wouldn't you prefer 100 molested kids to 50 safe and 50 dead?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

So basically your point is that your mother left you in the care of a known sex offender, and you think that a brand would have somehow changed her mind despite her already knowing of the crime?
And that your mother was punished for another known sex offender's actions, meaning that that man's wife would continue to allow young girls to be sexually abused by him, regardless of knowing what he had already done?
Oh look another point, you think not only should they be branded, but they should be in legal trouble for being seen around another child, even with that child's parent's permission?

You've sufficiently proven that KNOWING someone is a child abuser does not PROTECT the child. Bad parents will continue to be bad parents, neglectful parents will continue to be neglectful parents.

And yeah, honestly, any parent who either doesn't notice or doesn't care that their child is being molested should be held at least somewhat responsible. And no, there is no case in which any child of mine would be abused, unless they were forcefully removed from where they were supposed to be, which branding would not stop. Under 10% of molestation and sexual child abuse cases are committed by a stranger. Most of those cases involve children going willingly with the stranger. Those are still a case of poor parenting, because the only time my child will be left alone anywhere is after she is old enough to have been taught not to talk to strangers. Legally, children here are not allowed to be left alone until they are 11 years old, and personally I think that is old enough to teach them that some strangers are bad and will hurt them.

A child is two to three times more likely to be hit by lightning than to be sexually abused by a stranger. So no, I never worry that my child will be sexually abused, because I am not an abuser and nor is my husband. The real problem that causes child molestation is, as you've so aptly shown, poor parenting. Branding sex offenders will not make up for the mother who refuses to accept that it is the father's fault and not the child's. It will not make up for the family that leaves a child with their uncle even after they've been arrested for molesting said child. And it will not make up for your mother, who left you alone with a man convicted of raping a child. These things will continue to happen for as long as society allows people to enter parenthood without knowledge, and often without compassion.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You've sufficiently proven that KNOWING someone is a child abuser does not PROTECT the child. Bad parents will continue to be bad parents, neglectful parents will continue to be neglectful parents.

It's called Failure to Protect and it happens for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes it's easier not to see than it is to see.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree with you whole heartedly! I would take it one step further to ensure everyone
is granted the justice they deserve, victims, witnesses and false witnesses no doubt.
Children are our most innocent part of life in this world. Hence my opinion:

Use the following methods to make sure Justice is served.

Make everyone involved (Defendant, Plaintiff, Witnesses and Victim) go through the same
proceedure!

Use Lie detector test to find out the truth.
Use Sodium thiopental to find out the truth.
Use EM truthometer verification to find out the truth ( Remove if innocent )
Use Hypnosis to find out the truth.

Questioning and verification need to be done in public and jury on live T.V., Internet etc.,
use all the above mentioned proceedures at the same time if necessary! (in fact, I insist).
If found guilty then brand, castrate and do a Lorena Bobbit deal

If found not guilty then carry out the sentence on the false witnesses, false accussers
and all involved who set it all up.

My opinion, If Justice was served like this...there would be no more pedo's. Victims would
be avenged and the sickos would be taken out of the picture to hurt no one again. The
Government has the EM technology already, Instead of monitoring Innocent civilians, why
don't the use it to catch the real criminals? Why do we still have these things going on in
society today?Why do we still have so many missing children on milk cartons? I will tell you
why, because Human trafficking is still one of the most profitable businesses around and they
are paid to "Keep it quiet".

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The OP suggested that paedophiles be branded, well I think that would only exacerbate the problem. They would become even more determined to offend and continue to commit crimes against our children. They would "go to ground" and hide.

I do, however, think they need to be lobotomised and the males to have their junk (castration) removed, female paedos need to have their ovaries removed (hysterectomy) to decrease their sexual urges. They should be given meds to dope them senseless whilst they live out the rest of their days in confinement until they pass away (with or without assistance...euthenasia?)

I have NO sympathy for these freaks.

take care all
res
edit on 12-10-2010 by resistancia because: spelling mistake

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You know, everyone here has talked about the pedos getting to their children....
How about keeping an eye on your kids? Watch who theyre around???

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

And often they are told outright that someone is abusing their child, and act like it doesn't matter. I know a woman whose mother knew that her husband raped her daughter. She continues to say that she will only divorce him if he "hurts one of her children", because she doesn't consider rape to be "hurting" someone apparently.
In many cases it is not about not seeing. They see, and refuse to care. Or they see, and blame the child.

reply to post by Mr. D

Lie detector tests are completely useless against actual psychopaths. That method would let the MOST likely to re-offend out into the world.
I do not know much about Sodium thiopental, it might be the one out of this list that might work.
Googling "EM truthometer" brings nothing. I cannot find info on this, so saying that the government has it is a theory, not a fact, and if it is being kept a secret it will certainly not be brought into the public eye for this purpose.
Hypnosis can work, but if used incorrectly can plant false memories, making the person fully believe they are true. There would be no way to tell if the memories accessed were legitimate. I say this as a wife of a trained hypnotist.

As I have said a minimum of 3 times, branding creates more danger of violent re-offending.
Castration has been proven to be ineffective at reducing the rate of re-offending, especially since many child molestation cases are not penetrative rapes, but touching or looking at.
I don't know what you mean by "false" witnesses and accusers, really. I am going to guess you mean those who purposefully lied to try to get someone convicted of a crime? I fail to see how castrating and branding them is a reasonable punishment for false accusations.

"My opinion, If Justice was served like this...there would be no more pedo's."
Not actually true. Pedophilia is a medical condition that will happen regardless of punishment for crimes, and those who commit the crimes of child molestation are often fully aware of the sentencing they will get, and are also fully aware that while in prison, they will suffer greatly at the hands of other prisoners, as sex offenders and child abusers almost always do. They still do it.
Your plan would not actually reduce re-offending rates, but you would like to think that they will, but honestly even if they do reduce the rate of people re-offending, that still leaves the rest of the criminals who are first-time offenders. A greater amount of people arrested for these crimes are first-time then second- or more. This might have a very small chance of slightly reducing the rate, but not eliminating it. And it wouldn't stop the majority of offenders, who molest their own family members. The only thing that can stop that is having parents take better care of their children.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
You know, everyone here has talked about the pedos getting to their children....
How about keeping an eye on your kids? Watch who theyre around???

Good idea except you can't be around all of the time. Parents have to work and many
time you can't trust babysitters. If laws are enacted that provide true justice, then incidents
like these would slowly disappear.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Uh, studies have shown that removal of genitals has not prevented the rate of re-offending. And removing a woman's ovaries does not AT ALL lower her sex drive.

I also don't see why you would need to lobotomize and drug someone who would be locked up for the rest of their life. It seems like a useless expense, and since people in this thread have already claimed it is "too expensive" to keep them locked up for life, I don't see them agreeing to spend extra money to give them "expensive" drugs while locking them up.

I also don't see why countries do not give criminals the option to simply leave their society, and go somewhere else. Why waste your hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep someone locked up, when you can give them 1 grand and get them away from you forever?

And why, may I ask, do you have no sympathy for those with medical disorders? Because they DO have a mental health problem, if they molest a child, and pedophilia is a legitimate medical issue, listed in the DSM.
Would you have sympathy for someone with mental retardation that managed to start a car and hit someone with it accidentally? Where is the line to you?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Agreed. The chance of your child being molested by a stranger is much less than them dying in a car accident. About 10% of child molesters molest children whom they do not know, and there is only so many children you can molest before you get caught for it. The rate of situations in which the parent couldn't do anything to stop it are so minuscule, that they are not even really worth mentioning.
And I have a completely different opinion on those who abduct children to molest them, those people are already past the line that makes them unable to get better, in my opinion. But I am not a doctor, and I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Don't hire a babysitter you can't trust. Do a criminal record search, or just go to the national sex offender's registry and search for their name.
If you hire a babysitter without doing a background search (even if it is just an internet one), then it is irresponsible parenting.

And nothing, NOTHING, but parents being cautious, can prevent a child from being abused by a first-time offender. They are not listed in searches, they will not have a brand if this proposed idea goes through somehow. The only thing that can stand between those victims and the people who want to victimize them is their parents or other legal guardians.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

And to add to that: TALK TO YOUR CHILDREN!!!! Kids today are more intelligent then we realize, they can program a computer, play the console video games, You TALK to them about the dangers of reality. Make sure your children can talk to you, make sure there is a bond of TRUST there. You teach them noone, NOONE should tell a child to keep a secret from their parents. My 7 year old knows to come to me if an adult tells him to keep a secret. When his mom tells him not to tell dad about something, the first thing he does is come talk to me.
Again, make sure you know who your children are around, teachers, clergy, friend's parents, etc. Those are the ones you gotta watch for, not really 'Stranger Danger"
Be a parent and take responsibility!!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

Thank you for your time, your concern, and your courage to share what you have.
I'm at a loss for words to reply as honestly, I just don't have the words to express to you, or to anyone, the heartfelt sorrow I feel when reading life-recounts of Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Assault.
What I've been told is it's harder for men, as, it not only crosses the line of being raped, but, the same sex taboos only create more pain and difficulty in recovering from events such as you've described.
I hope for you peace and that you find your friends outside of ATS willing and capable to listen, understand, and love you and yours.

I also hope your courage in recounting your story will encourage other men 'out there' who've not gone for help, not spoken of their past horrors, to do so. Find someone who will listen and who will be understanding. Tell your story, let it out and free yourself from the pain of hiding from something that wasn't and never will be your fault, man or no.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Drop the personal attacks or your posts will go unanswered.
You're out of line.
I am not on trial here and I refuse to accept your accusations, or to acknowledge them.
So cut the crap or be ignored. Not with the ignore button, I don't put anyone on an ignore list, I'm saying I will not take the time to go through your post and respond when they're peppered with personal attacks, unfounded accusations and presumptions.

Beyond that, I can't help but shake my head at one question (statement) you made.

You ask how it is that so many children can be molested, thousands upon thousands, without 'telling anyone'.

That you can even ask just sheds more light on your complete and total lack of understanding on how pedophiles operate and their mode of grooming, manipulating and totally consuming the lives of innocents.

It's called terror. They use the tool of terror against these little children. Obviously you've no idea just how effective that tool is.

That you would even ask 'how it is possible' IMO places you in the camp of those who would defend pedophiles rather than be offended by them. Just another reason to avoid your posts until they contain a modicum of civility and understanding of this horrible crime against humanity.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

And nothing, NOTHING, but parents being cautious, can prevent a child from being abused by a first-time offender. They are not listed in searches, they will not have a brand if this proposed idea goes through somehow. The only thing that can stand between those victims and the people who want to victimize them is their parents or other legal guardians.

Agreed. It's up to parents to inform their children.
But you speak of parents in the plural like it's a perfect world.

Sadly, the number of children left with only one parent is astounding.

Then, of course, in most cases that parent has to work.

No matter the amount of time a parent(s) can spend with their child, at some point, the child will be left alone.

Now take the case that many first time pedophiles prey on children in their own family, friendship group, etc.

No matter how much counseling you give a child, most, at age 4 and 5, even younger, are just not prepared to go up against an adult, an authority figure. Especially when that 'authority figure' (the pedophile during his/her 'grooming sessions) uses terror as the tool to keep the child quiet and cooperative.

My God, just think about it!

If the power of the adult, and the terror tools they use, allow them to rape the child over and over, the child living in such fear he/she would rather suffer the pain of rape again and again than tell? Does that not give you even some kind of hint at the power these pedophiles have over the children?!!!

It's horrific. It's something out of nightmares. And it will continue. But that doesn't mean we have to let it continue.

There has to be some way to stop pedophiles from re-offending, the main theme of this thread.

Branding? You might not agree with the practice, but until someone can come up with a way, minus the death penalty, to keep each and every pedophile away from children for life, I'll keep trying to come up with a way to warn children, and parents.

Something has to be done to warn the innocent that that person behind the counter at a fast food joint, that 'nice 'friend' at their church service, that man or woman walking a puppy in the park, is a pedophile who has and will re-offend, for life, if left to themselves and free in society.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
like i said silo, parents need to learn to be PARENTS, or are you telling them theyre not responsible, thats its EVERYONE ELSE's responsibility?
If so, thats the worst cop out I have EVER SEEN, telling everyone else to protect the children. but the children's parents
IMO, youre looking for attention and sensationalizing the issue, not correcting the issue
You see, the same thing happened to me once as a child, and because of that, I watch my son like a hawk, I know the backgrounds of EVERYONE he's around, including his teachers, mother's boyfriend's family, and cub scout leader, if ANY of them had a past, you can put any money amount down my son wont be around them. Thats what being a parent means
edit on 10/13/2010 by HomerinNC because: additional text

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

or are you telling them theyre not responsible, thats its EVERYONE ELSE's responsibility?
If so, thats the worst cop out I have EVER SEEN, telling everyone else to protect the children. but the children's parents

No, that's not what I'm telling them at all. But this isn't a perfect world, something far too many people, including you, seem to forget.

IMO, youre looking for attention and sensationalizing the issue, not correcting the issue

You're welcome to your opinion, I don‘t want it. Corrupt opinions do not interest me.

From there, you're speaking of a perfect world, two parents, enough time in the day to spend counseling them, and single parents not working two jobs to keep their children in food. Not a world where a single parent has to leave their child alone for many hours at a time, or at a child watching facility (YES! NEWS FLASH, REALITY CHECK - WHERE children DO GET RAPED.

Now I DARE YOU to ask any parent out there, who loves their child, who's counseled their child, but who HAD TO GO TO WORK and leave their outside of their own personal supervision, why they DIDN'T DO ENOUGH to keep their child from being raped???

Go ahead and ask them. But if you do just know you're placing the blame on the VICTIM - NOT THE PREDATOR! And that is reprehensible beyond belief. Beyond belief.

You're also giving no validity to the FACT that a 3-4 year old is NOT going to tell 'Mommy and Daddy' when an ADULT who is in a POSITION OF AUTHORITY tells the little baby 'IF you TELL I will KILL YOUR MOMMY'.

So no, it isn't a perfect world. If it was it wouldn't contain pedophiles. And yes, even the best of parents who do all they can, are NO MATCH for a pedophile.

Beyond that and your accusation I'm 'looking for attention'.
What the hell is wrong with people that they have to attack those who are trying to HELP do SOMETHING to make sure babies are not raped?
Is this a new fad in a sick society?

I mean you came to the thread, obviously you have some interest in it, so why the attack?

Have you been groomed to keep quiet about socially sensitive issues?
If you speak up about sensitive issues are you accused of 'looking for attention' yourself?
Do you come from the school of thought it's just better to shut up and let it happen - or take the risk of being maligned, presumed upon, etc.

If so, then you're the kind of person a pedophile is grateful to.

I, am not.

So, I'll warn you now. I've no intention on dropping this issue just because you and people like have some twisted idea that I've some other agenda than what I post right here in the open, so, you might want to avoid my threads in the future. I'd hate to think you like to participate in giving attention to a sensationalist - right? lol

peace
edit on 13-10-2010 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Branding them between the eyes sounds good. I know of a very sensitive part of the body that can also be branded. It rhymes with sock and walls. Permanently removing such items would also be a good idea; the most painful way, the better. Like with a belt sander.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join