It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoengineering: A Phase of NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
From The Washington Post, it appears that geoengineering is generating interest from US lawmakers as a means to control "climate change." This article had me wondering, could geoengineering be used to unstabilize regions throughout the globe so that laws could be enacted to give governments more power over the populace?

An example could be if Texas suddenly suffered from regular (engineered) snowstorms, the state government could apply for emergency aid from the Federal government; with that aid money, the Federal Government could require the state of Texas to abide by new laws on the ways that money is spent - and, as all of us know with new laws there is always "pork" hidden in there. So most of the aid laws would, of course, require the money is spent on snowstorm management and response, but the pork could dictate, say, no weapons may be in the possession of operators of emergency equipment. (OK, maybe not the best example, I'm still waking up).

Or simply, if the government is about to enact new unpopular legislation, it could engineer snowstorms and foul weather across the regions so that the population is stuck inside their homes unable to respond.

The Washington Post
"For years it was considered downright wacky in official Washington to discuss geoengineering: altering the climate by reflecting sunlight back into the sky, sucking carbon dioxide from the air - or a host of other gee-whiz schemes. But in the past year the wacky has won a following, spurred in part by the recent collapse of climate legislation as well as by growing interest among private entrepreneurs and foreign officials"

Threat of global warming sparks U.S. interest in geoengineering

Maybe I'm taking this too far, but messing with the weather regardless of conceived climate change or not, seems like a bad idea and defintely gives more control to TPTB.

join